Virginia Gameday... | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean? We’re fans talking in a fan forum? not like i’m directly criticizing the kid, I’m making observations to ot

Tucker and Schrader looked both like fine to me. it’s not like they’re limping around or wincing or stretching out their shoulders or their legs, I don’t get it why people think they’re hurt.
Tuck looks like he's playing not to get hurt rather than being the hammer and delivering shots like he did last year.

This UVA defense is stout - missed too many opportunities but the one constant for them has been that D. Gave up 17 to Richmond, 24 to IL and 14 to ODU and that is with handing out 9 giveaways across those 3 games and doing nothing on offense

Defense gets an A.

Gadsen gets an A

Playcalling gets a C. put team first not tucker.

schrader gets a B-. Needs to think faster and see the field better.
Agreed on offense grade but gotta remember they know Anae tendencies

SU up 16-0 at the half. We knew UVA had a defense, they are stingy, especially as we get close to the goal line. Sound familiar? With the offensive weapons they have, they should be scoring, but our D is holding them when the play counts. It doesn't hurt that their offensive genius of an HC let their real offensive genius of an OC and QB whisperer go, to us, thank you kindly.

Anyway, Tucker is doing his job. He is drawing the defense' attention, opening up the game for the remainder of the offense. Shrader is making a few bad decisions and needs to get back to his game 1 and game 2 self. Credit the Hoo's D for not letting up on him. Regardless, we should be dominating more on the score board.

Thankfully, the SU player of the game goes to teh Cav's kicker after missing to FGAs. Granted, both were career long, but as one poster jokingly stated, the wind blew them off, he should have made both, it is the Dome, he will never have better kicking conditions.

Anyway, we are up, need a strong second half, keep the foot on the gas and don't look back. GO ORANGE!

I feel dirty for saying I'm feeling meh at halftime.

Like, I feel they are going to score first drive and we won't respond, and then it's a game when it really shouldn't be.

And I hate that I feel this way

Agreed on offense grade but gotta remember they know Anae tendencies
Do they though? I mean his tendencies are based on different players.

Tuck looks like he's playing not to get hurt rather than being the hammer and delivering shots like he did last year.

I dont know, he looked to put his shoulder down and run over guys on his screen passes tonight. The OL isnt doing a good job of run blocking this season and running up the gut when the D keys on your TB isn’t a recipe for a successful running game.

Like, I feel they are going to score first drive and we won't respond, and then it's a game when it really shouldn't be.

Would be fun to see this offense firing on all cylinders

Glad to have Peña back. Could see him breaking one in the second half. SU placing two Punt returners back. Wonder if they want UVA to think they are setting something up to open up a return.

Last edited:

Kind of has a feel the Purdue game did where we should have put them away but they came back and we almost lost. Everything else about this game is different but the feeling that if Purdue can score one TD all of a sudden this game starts getting dicey

Eh, it’s a 3-0 team that’s up 16-0 at halftime and has dominated the game.

If they need more, then they suck.
Do they though? I mean his tendencies are based on different players.
Yep nobody completely changes philosophies overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors