Still waiting on Miami

But hey don't let facts get in your way

VT is 246th in RPI
Miami is 90th

VT had a shot to win at the end
Still waiting on Miami

But hey don't let facts get in your way
facts, huh? how bout them facts!

the same quality-rpi Miami team that got creamed at home by Eastern Kentucky?

Miami and UV are both good teams. Miami is really long and can shoot the ball. UV is going to be really tough. It's better to play them man than zone, but they will tax any kind of defense.

Miami and UV are both good teams. Miami is really long and can shoot the ball. UV is going to be really tough. It's better to play them man than zone, but they will tax any kind of defense.
Miami is not a very good team at all. You do not lose at home by double digits to Green Bay and E.Kentucky

I hope Miami wins and finds a way to regroup and stay close to the RPI top 50. It would be nice for our game at home vs Miami to be a top 50 game.

Miami is not a very good team at all. You do not lose at home by double digits to Green Bay and E.Kentucky

They should have won those games given they were at home (and certainly not get blown out) At the same time, Green Bay and Eastern Kentucky are fairly decent squads (KenPom #55 and #92). The Eastern Kentucky loss of 28 is hard to fathom.

At KenPom 76 Miami is a team which season can go either way. To the bubble or to the CIT.

We're not that good so... UVA will have no problem with us. Miami is 50/50.

Virginia plays to slow to run away from quality opponents. If you shoot a decent % vs them, they can be had.

They were up by 20 at Miami and Miami has now cut it to 8 in the 2nd half.
Simply unacceptable for a supposedly good team.
just like Cuse at Va Tech today

I don't care who they lost to weeks ago. If you watch this game Miami is really good. They will have a chance to beat anyone in the ACC this year.

I don't care who they lost to weeks ago. If you watch this game Miami is really good. They will have a chance to beat anyone in the ACC this year.
No they are not really good. They are not. I've watched them several times this year and, yes, they are big and they have a couple of nice players (McClellan and Rodriguez) but they just are not a good team. And they play in a half-full arena.
Guess what, though? Some games are just tough. And weird things happen. And the (much) better team loses or almost loses.

Of course I do, I guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasm.
OK, guess not.
UVA is a very good team, and very well might win the ACC for the 2nd straight year. But they played a really poor 2nd half today against a poor team and barely held on to win. :noidea:

OK, guess not.
UVA is a very good team, and very well might win the ACC for the 2nd straight year. But they played a really poor 2nd half today against a poor team and barely held on to win. :noidea:

of course they are, I never said that they weren't

of course they are, I never said that they weren't
And we're a good team getting better, still figuring things out. And played a poor 2nd half and barely won against a poor team on the road. :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom