Virginia Prediction Thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Prediction Thread...

1384612849133.0.jpg

Current odds that Oprah Winfrey is next President : 12 to 1
Current odds that more than 130 points are scored: 15 to 1

It’s a rite of mine to read this thread the night before a game. I’ve never seen the other team favored by more than a few yet alone by just about everyone. I’m going to jump off my roof now.

I usually only like when people play the prediction game the right way and make an attempt to be creative. But I felt guilty because I went on record predicting we would be held to 25. Against superstition. So I gave a like to a loser predictor that had a similar score. Then I felt guilty for not liking other loser predictors so I went back and liked them too. Now I feel guilty for supporting the loss predictions but I can't bring myself to unlike because I would probably feel guilty for not being fair. But now I can't sleep because I'm a traitor. (And it's pouring here for the first time in years and the gutter on this ratchety apartment sounds like firecrackers) Ahhhhhhh!

Virginia 55
Syracuse 43

Syracuse and Virginia's brand of basketball is going to make for one of the worst games you'll see all year.
The difference is Virginia moves the ball and almost never takes a bad shot.
It's doubtful but maybe something can be learned.

Historically great lacrosse team 89
Greatest team in NCAA lacrosse history 95

As neither team can score and is tough on D, naturally, neither will recall how Defense is played while scoring I transition. The only thing keeping the score this low is the fact that neither team is conditioned to run this much.

...[removes Orange colored glasses]...

The difference is Virginia moves the ball and almost never takes a bad shot.
It's doubtful but maybe something can be learned.

Seriously. The rubes here can call them ugly ball (what makes us?) but I’ll be impressed when they totally shred the zone. I think they will salivate as they usually do seeing zone and get up on us big. This time the press won’t be a factor and we don’t have enough firepower to make any kind of frantic comeback against a defense like theirs as in the past. Can’t wait to see a ‘Virginia plays dirty’ thread postgame as well, lol.

Also, the big difference here is that, while both teams play a slower pace, UVA plays it with a purpose while Syracuse doesn’t know what the hell they are doing on offense. UVA is 37 in AdjO and Syracuse is now 127 per KenPom. Even worse on teamrankings.com.

Last edited:
Seriously. The rubes here can call them ugly ball (what makes us?) but I’ll be impressed when they totally shred the zone. I think they will salivate as they usually do seeing zone and get up on us big. This time the press won’t be a factor and we don’t have enough firepower to make any kind of frantic comeback against a defense like theirs as in the past. Can’t wait to see a ‘Virginia plays dirty’ thread postgame as well, lol.

Also, the big difference here is that, while both teams play a slower pace, UVA plays it with a purpose while Syracuse doesn’t know what the hell they are doing on offense. UVA is 37 in AdjO and Syracuse is now 127 per KenPom. Even worse on teamrankings.com.
This is the prediction thread. Maybe you could post about how stupid we all are and how much the team sucks in 15 other threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom