Virginia Tech has scored more than 93 points in 7/13 games this year | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tech has scored more than 93 points in 7/13 games this year

Syracuse has held opponents under 68 points in 9/13 games this year.

upload_2017-12-29_8-27-56.png

I think people are slightly overrating them because of the volume of points they score. Metrics wise they are about is strong as Maryland and like most Buzz teams they allow lots of penetration. Their last two games have been against Presbyterian and North Carolina A&T. Both teams in the KenPom 300's where they won by 8 and 17. This is a winnable game especially at home.

Obviously plays at a different tempo than us. Key to the game: Frank and Tyus living large at the top of the zone.
hokiesports.com :: Men's Basketball Schedule

I think the big question is will JB extend those two out in the first half, or wait until after halftime. I'm tired of guys knocking down 21 points in the first half before we adjust and hold them scoreless in the second. I've seen that movie too many times.

Our tempo will slow them down.
They can shoot though and Buzz will have them prepared.
We need Battle and Brissett to shoot well.
We aren’t holding them below 70.
JAB will have our team prepared also, but Buzz is one of those coaches who is definitely not intimidated by Hall of Fame coaches. I am definitely looking forward to see how we do starting out league play.

I think the big question is will JB extend those two out in the first half, or wait until after halftime. I'm tired of guys knocking down 21 points in the first half before we adjust and hold them scoreless in the second. I've seen that movie too many times.
Great question. Im sure if VT opens hot Jb will adjust earlier this game.

We cannot afford to be "Grahamed" or "Adamsed" in the first half again.

Know where the shooters are! Give them the free throw line jumper all night. No threes, no backdoor lobs.

And please! No sideline dances or Rockette Kicks by Buzz! ;)

Great question. Im sure if VT opens hot Jb will adjust earlier this game.

I certainly hope so. Actually, I prefer we don't even allow them the opportunity to get hot. Surprise them right from the jump.

I certainly hope so. Actually, I prefer we don't even allow them the opportunity to get hot. Surprise them right from the jump.

ive been saying this for awhile. defending the 3 should be the main priority of the zone every game. but boeheim thinks differently, he dares teams to shoot 3s and if they make them then he adjusts. but hes had to adjust alot more now then he used to cuz players growing up now shoot 3s instead of dunks and layups. he plays the percentages, oh they cant stay hot from 3 all game the percentages say theyre gonna start missing, but this aint 2004 anymore. DEFEND THE 3 FROM THE OPENING TIP

Attended the VT game in Blacksburg last year and it was a long night. Buzz had them dissecting our zone all night long. If I recall, Buzz has had reasonable success against Syracuse over the years. They hit 83 points last year against us. Hopefully our defense can tighten it up a bit plus playing in the Dome will not be as friendly as back in VA. Agree with several comments above, don't let them fire away at threes. Extend the defense early.

Attended the VT game in Blacksburg last year and it was a long night. Buzz had them dissecting our zone all night long. If I recall, Buzz has had reasonable success against Syracuse over the years. They hit 83 points last year against us. Hopefully our defense can tighten it up a bit plus playing in the Dome will not be as friendly as back in VA. Agree with several comments above, don't let them fire away at threes. Extend the defense early.

It’s really hard to compare last year and this year defensively. This year if we win it’s defensively.

Yeah, but when Va Tech when on that run early in the second half with those threes... totally unacceptable. And why didn't Washington get more run?
That's an impossible standard if the other team, that normally shoots very well, can't go on a run.

Runs happen. At every level, every game. The bigger takeaway is that they went on their run and we punched them in the mouth right back. That's what good teams do. They answer.

Yeah, but when Va Tech when on that run early in the second half with those threes... totally unacceptable. And why didn't Washington get more run?
That's an impossible standard if the other team, that normally shoots very well, can't go on a run.

Runs happen. At every level, every game. The bigger takeaway is that they went on their run and we punched them in the mouth right back. That's what good teams do. They answer.

I'm thinking the second post here wouldn't have been made had the OP used the sarcasm font, AS HE SHOULD HAVE. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom