Virginia Tech Tailgate, Oct 23rd, 2021 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tech Tailgate, Oct 23rd, 2021

Doin gods work
Nah...being thrifty. LaBatts 30s are great deals along with being tasty

Parking Notes to self: Surface lots on Prices Forks Rd for $15-20

Call Smithfield Plantation and get pricing for parking.

Last edited:
I can't commit to supporting this one yet. However, I expect we will have some type of organized gathering. Expect the tailgate will be in a general parking lot. Weather should be pretty good (63-37) but can be changeable. The drive down from Upstate NY should be spectacular. Roanoke is about 30 mins from Blacksburg and a good area to start looking for motels.

A ticket buy is TBD. If you are thinking about attending, add your name.

If you can support with tailgate equipment, food and drink supply, etc...please volunteer

TexanMark 2?
Hey Mark
I'm in for 2.

I can't commit to supporting this one yet. However, I expect we will have some type of organized gathering. Expect the tailgate will be in a general parking lot. Weather should be pretty good (63-37) but can be changeable. The drive down from Upstate NY should be spectacular. Roanoke is about 30 mins from Blacksburg and a good area to start looking for motels.

If you can support with tailgate equipment, food and drink supply, etc...please volunteer

TexanMark 2?
Two Mark, In for 2 and I can bring what ever food you need. The last time I went down 81, I stopped in Blacksburg to gas up and saw a sign that read “Financing for Doublewides”

If anyone is interested. I just booked a hotel at a Hampton Inn about 5 miles from VT university for $96 a night at the government rate (which I qualify for). Currently they have 2 double beds and 1 king room at this rate available. If anyone is interested in staying here at this rate let me know and I can book for you as well. Just send me a PM. I am not sure how many more rooms they have at this rate so if interested let me know as soon as you can. I am staying for two nights.

Two Mark, In for 2 and I can bring what ever food you need. The last time I went down 81, I stopped in Blacksburg to gas up and saw a sign that read “Financing for Doublewides”
What brand did you buy?

If you want to grab a meal and kill a couple hours. Radford, VA is close to Blacksburg. A really pretty college town. I've stayed there before on NY to FL drives.

The same model that you recommended. If I remember correctly, you said it has served you well for a lot of years.
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Mark it is looking like I will need 6 tickets now. Also, I traded my truck in for a SUV and the grill is not goingto fit inside. So I will not be able to bring the grill on the road. I will probably have to see if there is someone that will be able to bring to home games as well. :(

TexanMark 2?
Hey Mark
I can commit to bringing my Coleman Roadtrip grill. Maybe some other stuff too.

Mark it is looking like I will need 6 tickets now. Also, I traded my truck in for a SUV and the grill is not goingto fit inside. So I will not be able to bring the grill on the road. I will probably have to see if there is someone that will be able to bring to home games as well. :(
I can bring a grill.

Probably get by with Cusejuicy grill and my Weber Q. if we keep it to 50-60 that should be fine. Hopefully a few VA or NC guys can help with tailgate equipment and food/drink logistics. I think we have a major chunk of the beer taken care of JRHEETER

I'll supplement with some beer. If an upstate NYer drives down a 30 pack or two of LaBatts would be great

I try to reimburse everyone for food n drink with the tailgate fees we collect

Probably get by with Cusejuicy grill and my Weber Q. if we keep it to 50-60 that should be fine. Hopefully a few VA or NC guys can help with tailgate equipment and food/drink logistics. I think we have a major chunk of the beer taken care of JRHEETER

I'll supplement with some beer. If an upstate NYer drives down a 30 pack or two of LaBatts would be great

I can pick up some beer to bring, Labatt's or whatever.

Headmaster9 and I are driving. We can bring anything that is nonperishable from Syracuse down and back as long as it fits in the back of our Toyota Highlander. Beer, soda, water, tables, small weber grill, etc. We plan on leaving Syracuse on Thursday, spend some time hiking at Shenandoah on Friday, and will be ready to help set-up on Saturday.

Count me in for a small group up to 5 if not too late. Super excited about this one! I’m sure I can bring some beer.

Hopefully we won't burn up in the stands like Maryland...
That 10000 percent...and hopefully I don’t leave $200 worth of apparel for my kids in those same seats lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom