Visit Picture | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Visit Picture

Recruiting has a lot to do with facilities. To compete with the big dogs of ACC. WE NEED THEM

Absolutely agree. Seeing facilities is one of the few tangible things a recruit can take away from a visit.

Look at the ones behind Kelly. I have seen Rutgers on SNY they are amazing, NFL caliber. Ours look like my high school basketball locker.

That's what I am saying. Auburn high has comparable facilities

Gross

If Clemson can do it, then we can do it.

kelly.jpg

Sorry to say it, but Kelly looks like a dork.

SU is ahead of schedule on a 1B fundraising campaign. I have no idea why the admin doesnt go ahead with the football project. I was actually convinced based on what i had heard that it was a go. Not sure what the status is at this point
Forgive my ignorance but what is a 1B fundraising campaign? and what would that build? Thanks for your insight

377495_293451254032810_100001038129176_940712_1367026045_n.jpg

I got this off a visitors facebook (I am only a bit older so I am not that big of a creep). I recognize almost everyone except for the other #2. (wayne looks great in that jersey). Unfortunatley I do not see the Georgia boys which sucks. Hopefully they come up next weekend. Thought you guys would like this.

Forgive my ignorance but what is a 1B fundraising campaign? and what would that build? Thanks for your insight
SU has a one billion campaign underway

SU has a one billion campaign underway
Thanks KCSU do you know where they stand, and I assume this is for a complete new indoor facility, do you know where they intend to build and when? Is there a web site to contribute and with the plans? Thanks again for any info

Thanks KCSU do you know where they stand, and I assume this is for a complete new indoor facility, do you know where they intend to build and when? Is there a web site to contribute and with the plans? Thanks again for any info
the billion is a general fund i had heard earlier when i was back for a game that the practice facility looked like a go. I havnt been back since and my Dad has been going through some stuff so he has been out of the loop as well. Im not really sure why we would be holding off on this. The university has more money than Carters got pills and this isnt that big of a deal especially with the ACC. Who knows we may be holding back until we know the final buyout.

the billion is a general fund i had heard earlier when i was back for a game that the practice facility looked like a go. I havnt been back since and my Dad has been going through some stuff so he has been out of the loop as well. Im not really sure why we would be holding off on this. The university has more money than Carters got pills and this isnt that big of a deal especially with the ACC. Who knows we may be holding back until we know the final buyout.

It seemed like people have said that we lack the money to do anything - are you saying that we do actually have the money to do some serious upgrades?

It seemed like people have said that we lack the money to do anything - are you saying that we do actually have the money to do some serious upgrades?
Syracuse is very well off. If the University wanted to spend 10m on a new football wing and upgrade of manley which is what i hope they do they have the money. I have always hoped that they would upgrade the interior of Manley. Add new windows, Lighting, and improve the interior as having a shorter field means nothing but having a true hard shell dome is huge vs the bubbles. Put the money into a new addition off of Manley that would be the bling this could easily be accomplished for inside of 10m which is a drop in the bucket for Syracuse

SU has tons of money in the endowment ... but Gross doesn't have access to it.

Only the BoT can release those funds, and turning SU into a football power isn't one of their priorities.

Thanks - I didn't really know what kind of cash the University had if it really wanted to spend it on football. From peoples comments I always took it the school didn't have the money to compete with other schools but it makes sense that their priorities for spending the money they do have is just different.

SU has tons of money in the endowment ... but Gross doesn't have access to it.

Only the BoT can release those funds, and turning SU into a football power isn't one of their priorities.

Just confirming this statement.

I don't think the Georgia guys made it.
Jan 14th is the other big recruiting weekend, Morris, Manley, and some others are coming for that weekend.

Basketball team plays Providence that night.

Actually its a half truth that SU has a ton of money. While there endowment appears large to us it is not large compared by college standards (roughly $800 million) it is not compared to a number of colleges that are similar (University of Rochester 1.3 billion, Pitt 2 billion, Northwestern 6 billion, Duke 5 billion). On top of that the Syracuse endowment went down by about 35% with the financial meltdown and has only gained back about 15%. The athletic department will probably have to raise between 60-80% of the cost of a facility before they will even debate touching the endowment. While they may be fundraising towards it, I wouldn't expect to see anything new until 2015.

the billion dollar fundraising campaign has been going on since 2005. the university has raised 930 million, and the money of the melo center came from that. but right now a lot of that money has already been spent on academic buildings and bloated salaries for administration and the faculty (just like large corporations). the endowment is tiny compared to other private universities and the people in charge of the money tend to increase their salaries every year. the football program probably will see some of the money at some point, but a lot it has already been spent and the campaign is over with come the spring semester. football is not a priority to any of the administration, except for cantor. the administration and board of trustees hates cantor by the way.

My bold prediction of the day - this thread is about to get really interesting.

the billion dollar fundraising campaign has been going on since 2005. the university has raised 930 million, and the money of the melo center came from that. but right now a lot of that money has already been spent on academic buildings and bloated salaries for administration and the faculty (just like large corporations). the endowment is tiny compared to other private universities and the people in charge of the money tend to increase their salaries every year. the football program probably will see some of the money at some point, but a lot it has already been spent and the campaign is over with come the spring semester. football is not a priority to any of the administration, except for cantor. the administration and board of trustees hates cantor by the way.
Yeah man, the corporations!
179667.jpg

How did Occupy Wall Street work out for ya?

but right now a lot of that money has already been spent on academic buildings and bloated salaries for administration and the faculty (just like large corporations). the endowment is tiny compared to other private universities and the people in charge of the money tend to increase their salaries every year.

Just to inform you, this isn't only happening at Syracuse. Most CIO's are on scheduled raises each year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom