Visiting for Spring 2022 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Visiting for Spring 2022

Josiah could be a national recruit. He is really fast.
Continuing evaluations based on film, (talent), size, speed

Josiah Brown 2024, 6'1"175 WR / DB / PR 55m = 6.38 = 4.27 40 Also runs the 100m, 200m & lead leg of the 4 x 100m sprints
Holy Trinity, Hicksville, NY Offers as a sophomore: SU, ND, PST, PITT, RU, WVA,
Is considered the #1 player in NYS in his cycle

First, comments I read on his personality and scholastics. Has a 98 average and is a classic student/athlete, the kind FLJ is recruiting.

JB:
“I personally know that after I'm done with football,(HS), that I'm going to need a good academic scholarship, and I have to keep my grades up because without your grades you can't do anything. I personally enjoy studying, actually...Getting good grades is just fun to me. I enjoy getting good grades.”

Brown is a skill position player who excels with the ball in his hands offensively – particularly at wide receiver – while he shows exciting potential in the defensive backfield and as a kick returner.

Assets/Talent - based on playing him as a WR/P&KR

Speed! As tomcat said, he is really fast, elite fast. As a comparison, Tyreek Hill/ND & Chiefs ran a 6.31 as a senior, JB ran a 6.67 this past summer and not even a year later this April ran a 6.38 as a sophomore and is still getting faster.
Elusive, jig steps,jukes his way through difficult traffic, gets beyond the D and he's gone
Very mature as a soph in his understanding of route running and following his blockers
> Watched his film playing DB chasing a RB who had gotten beyond the LOS and was fast in his own right, had a 10 YD lead on JB at the 50, JB ran him down and tackled him on the 5YD line. amazing to watch<
Hands, great ones, catches everything
Has a tendency to hit high as a DB giving the ball carrier the advantage - in his film JB hits hard so the jolt carries the RB in the direction of the hit and JB drags him down.

Personally I would play JB as a WR because of his speed creating lots of separation between the DB who is covering him and his ability to catch the ball.

I think he would the fastest player we've ever had and look very, very good in Orange.

Last edited:

2023 ATH MarShawn Ferguson, St Thomas More, Oakdale, CT

2023 OL Owen Duetsch, St Thomas More, Oakdale, CT

#11 MarShawn Ferguson DePaul Catholic, Wayne, N.J.
Slot Receiver 5’11” 180 4.53 40
50 Rec. 809YDS 19 TDS

Decent speed

Runs a lot of 5 – 10 YD slant in routes across the middle

Makes people miss

Blocks well on sweeps for RB’s

His coach says:
MarShawn plays for DePaul Catholic in the Big North Conference (the best football NJ has to offer). He was just invited to the Under Armour All American Camp Series.

Ferguson is a tremendous athlete with natural footwork and quickness. His 40 time is currently in the low 4.5s. He is a big play player and performs best in the marquee matchups. A DePaul win over national recognized Bergen Catholic in Ferguson’s sophomore year, he lead all receivers with four grabs for 84 yards. In the same season DePaul faced off against Mater Dei for the State title game. Ferguson caught a 12 yard TD pass to put DePaul up 27-12 at the time. The final was 27-25, DePaul.

In the shortened 2020 season (6 games) MarShawn totaled 440 receiving yards with 4 TDs on 22 receptions.

MarShawn is a next level athlete for sure. He can play the slot as good as any receiver in NJ and can also excel at the corner and safety positions.

Yup. Xaye Collier ( brother of Averin) went out to Cali a couple months ago. He will play his senior year there.
2023 Davion Coffee - Inglewood HS, St. Pius Mattias Academy, Downey, CA, Rochester, NY
#19 6’ 207 OLB, SS, RB 3 Star

Offers: UNLV, Miss, Miss Valley St

Aggressive, tackles well

Syracuse Orange on SI
@SyracuseOnSI
· Apr 19

Class of 2023 ATH Davion Coffee (@CoffeeDavion) says his interest in Syracuse is “through the roof” following recent unofficial visit. He plans to return to campus this summer. Sports Illustrated Syracuse Orange News, Analysis and More

2023 Davion Coffee - Inglewood HS, St. Pius Mattias Academy, Downey, CA, Rochester, NY
#19 6’ 207 OLB, SS, RB 3 Star

Offers: UNLV, Miss, Miss Valley St

Aggressive, tackles well

Syracuse Orange on SI
@SyracuseOnSI
· Apr 19

Class of 2023 ATH Davion Coffee (@CoffeeDavion) says his interest in Syracuse is “through the roof” following recent unofficial visit. He plans to return to campus this summer. Sports Illustrated Syracuse Orange News, Analysis and More
Yeah that's D Bop. Thats what we call him. He would commit to SU on the spot if offered. Cuse looking at him at the Rover.

2024 RB/LB Travon Dye, Passaic County Technical Institute, Wayne, NJ

Last edited:

2024 RB/OLB Trashon Dye, Passaic Technical Institute, Wayne, NJ

#3 is Trashon. #8 Travon

Last edited:

2023 QB Parker Pettit, Sandpoint HS, Sandpoint, ID

2023 QB Parker Pettit, Sandpoint HS, Sandpoint, ID
Wow an Idaho kid, don’t see that often for a Cuse visitor!

Wow an Idaho kid, don’t see that often for a Cuse visitor!
From his Twitter he was doing a tour of east coast and Ivy schools.
BC, Yale, Harvard, Fordham, Lehigh, UPenn, Syracuse

2026 ATH Nahmir Tucker, Winslow Township HS, Atco, NJ

Last edited:

2023 OL/DL Darrien Smith, Winslow Township HS, Atco, NJ

Looks like Winslow Township HS is bringing the team in for a visit today.

2024 DE Jalen McCain, Winslow Township HS, Atco, NJ

2026 OG/DT Cayden Gray, Eastern HS, Voorhees, NJ

2024 S Jovan Tyrell, Passaic County Technical Institute, Wayne, NJ

2025 DE Lazaryus Toombs, Northeast HS, Philadelphia, PA

2024 S Kahmir Prescott, Northeast HS, Philadelphia, PA