Class of 2024 - Visitors taking Official Visits to SU 12/8/23 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 Visitors taking Official Visits to SU 12/8/23

You also have to remember that the kid already on scholly? He's probably best friends with a BUNCH of guys on the team. Start cutting heads, and you're going to have a TON of pissed off players. Its never something to be entered into lightly.

That's fair / true.

But new HC, new staff, new culture -- attrition happens on both sides.

You also have to remember that the kid already on scholly? He's probably best friends with a BUNCH of guys on the team. Start cutting heads, and you're going to have a TON of pissed off players. Its never something to be entered into lightly.
Agree. I know it's often done with a new coach, but I hope players know they have a scholarship and can stay here if they want. It is fair to tell them "I don't think you will play much", but they should still feel they have the choice-We owe them that.

Last edited:
He was also meeting with Kirby Smart, Hugh Freeze, etc... Pushing kids to commit to FSU, on Twitter. Great we're getting a visit... But yeah, tough tough tough.
Groundwork. And you never know. I'll bet the energy is off the charts up there and high level prospects will take notice.

Who’s Social Handles should I be checking in on for arrivals and other highlights. Just see KingJospeh so far.

I don't necessarily view it as a full rebuild, either.

But every open scholarship is an opportunity with the way this staff recruits, and every filled scholarship is an opportunity cost.

Right now, we don't even know who our starting QB will be next year, so risk is irrelevant -- swing for the fences. I also believe that there will be a reasonably high number of players [say, around 10] who self-select out without necessarily getting "the talk." Have to fill those slots.

It's sure looking like we might flip the roster considering the number of offers going out. The latest portal offer seems like we might be going down this path. You could be right with 30-40...just hard to wrap my head around who because our two deep was mostly underclassman.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily view it as a full rebuild, either.

But every open scholarship is an opportunity with the way this staff recruits, and every filled scholarship is an opportunity cost.

Right now, we don't even know who our starting QB will be next year, so risk is irrelevant -- swing for the fences. I also believe that there will be a reasonably high number of players [say, around 10] who self-select out without necessarily getting "the talk." Have to fill those slots.
Make no mistake, this is full rebuild. This roster is going to get stripped and built back up. Maybe not to the level that Prime did at Colorado, but this roster is going to look vastly different next year.

Because they tried to build through NIL, probably the locker room was horrible. Same with Colorado. That’s a danger.

Good point. I thought I'd read before that NIL bought their #1 ranked recruiting class two years ago.

Make no mistake, this is full rebuild. This roster is going to get stripped and built back up. Maybe not to the level that Prime did at Colorado, but this roster is going to look vastly different next year.
Don’t agree with rebuild. Upgrade, sure, but this wasn’t a team mired in 3 wins and sub 100 rankings on offense and defense.

Don’t agree with rebuild. Upgrade, sure, but this wasn’t a team mired in 3 wins and sub 100 rankings on offense and defense.

Rebuild Retool whatever you want to call it is fine but we need a major influx of talent on both sides of the ball if Fran wants to get to where he wants to go. There is not a position on the roster that doesn't need players added.

92b5627f24100c3f10441ad843ec228c.jpg

This program has 2 bowl wins since joining the ACC in 2013. They have won 2, or less, conference games in 8 of the 11 seasons in the ACC. They have finished last, or tied for last, 4 of their 11 seasons. This program has been irrelevant for the better part of 11 years. Setting the bar as "well, we aren't the absolute worst" isn't ideal.

Out of all the great gif’s and memes of the actual scene, you choose a Japanese Anime one??

Am I in the Matrix??? Is none of this real???

Motherflucker….

This program has 2 bowl wins since joining the ACC in 2013. They have won 2, or less, conference games in 8 of the 11 seasons in the ACC. They have finished last, or tied for last, 4 of their 11 seasons. This program has been irrelevant for the better part of 11 years. Setting the bar as "well, we aren't the absolute worst" isn't ideal.
I’m not saying there isn’t a lot of improvement needed, just that the program’s current state doesn’t need a gutting and rebuild. 33-29 last five non covid seasons, 3 bowls in those five years. Babers built a competitive roster that struggled with injuries the back half of seasons. The last three years the team has performed at a high level on both sides of the ball to start each year and then fell off a cliff.

I’ve been saying for years the next step was bringing in more top end impact players and building the depth, in particular on the OL.

I’m all in on this paradigm shift, and if kids get recruited over that’s fine, but I don’t see the program being in dire straits that it’s necessary to bring in 40 kids. If they do that’s great, but if they don’t it’s not a failure.

How long after visits do verbals start happening typically? And when is the visit over?

I’m not saying there isn’t a lot of improvement needed, just that the program’s current state doesn’t need a gutting and rebuild. 33-29 last five non covid seasons, 3 bowls in those five years. Babers built a competitive roster that struggled with injuries the back half of seasons. The last three years the team has performed at a high level on both sides of the ball to start each year and then fell off a cliff.

I’ve been saying for years the next step was bringing in more top end impact players and building the depth, in particular on the OL.

I’m all in on this paradigm shift, and if kids get recruited over that’s fine, but I don’t see the program being in dire straits that it’s necessary to bring in 40 kids. If they do that’s great, but if they don’t it’s not a failure.
That record is skewed by wins over Stony Brook, Colgate and Holy Cross. Plus, you take out the one outlier 10 win season and your left with a sub .500 record. And why are you taking out the Covid season? Everyone played by the same rules. I'm sorry, but that's really bad. They have been the worst program in the ACC and flat-out don't win ACC games. That's what matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom