Voted 5th in tailgating | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Voted 5th in tailgating

most of us were too drunk the night before to care about tailgating for a nooner. we just go harder at night, it's a SU thing.

When I was college age I much preferred late night drinking. Like starting after 10pm after a nap. Now there's nothing in the world better than day drinking.

This cracks me up I saw this article and posted it. I was figuring id get a bunch of people saying no way we are 5 we are at least 2... But oh no everyone responds no way we suck compared to everyone else. That's pretty funny
If you come to the Fine Lot/Away Game Tailgate we're top 5. The rest of the scene? Meh. But we'll be raising hell on Chestnut Hill in November, hope you guys make the trip to BC

If you come to the Fine Lot/Away Game Tailgate we're top 5. The rest of the scene? Meh. But we'll be raising hell on Chestnut Hill in November, hope you guys make the trip to BC
I'm pretty sure we will be at the BC game and depending on his schedule we may make a trip up to syracuse to catch a game... Maybe his bye week. I think he should see one game in the done before hitting the field

This has to be a terrible joke and dig. I love Syracuse Football, but besides the Fine Mess and a few other tailgates, our game-day atmosphere is severely lacking.

I'm pretty sure we will be at the BC game and depending on his schedule we may make a trip up to syracuse to catch a game... Maybe his bye week. I think he should see one game in the done before hitting the field

I don't know when Shy's bye week is, but I'm telling you Bam, that Louisville game is going to be the one to hit up, we should be 3-1 or better and if we beat ND the week before, that place will be insane and neither you or Shy will ever want to leave.

I am trying to find out if that is his bye week... It may just be that weekend. They don't have a full schedule up but his whole conference has games that week so unless it is an out of conference week we may just need a spot reserved for two to the fine mess

Re-read the original article. He said "I’ve put together a list of the top five tailgates we visited last season."

These aren't the top five tailgates in the nation -- only of the games he went to.

I don't know when Shy's bye week is, but I'm telling you Bam, that Louisville game is going to be the one to hit up, we should be 3-1 or better and if we beat ND the week before, that place will be insane and neither you or Shy will ever want to leave.
Yeah his bye week won't work. He wants to hit the fsu game so we may be looking at that date. His games are all Friday night so we can't hit the Oct 3 rd game

Yeah his bye week won't work. He wants to hit the fsu game so we may be looking at that date. His games are all Friday night so we can't hit the Oct 3 rd game
The only reason I would tell you to avoid that game is because I think we will get absolutely spanked by FSU. Their team is supposed to be almost as good as a year ago when they wiped the floor with us and waltzed to a title.

I'd hate for the main impression you and Shy have of the Dome is us getting walloped by a national title contender and people going home early.

How in the world did we get on that list? The SU Tailgate scene is pretty weak. Although I do my best to entertain when I make it out.
He is only ranking the Tailgates he visited last year for his TV show. We were 1 of 5, so I think we had to make the list.

It's not a "national ranking" from across the country

He is only ranking the Tailgates he visited last year for his TV show. We were 1 of 5, so I think we had to make the list.

It's not a "national ranking" from across the country

Wrong. It's based on every college they visited for the show last year.
Here's the list:
Texas A&M
Penn State
Clemson
Georgia
LSU
Syracuse
Ole Miss
Michigan
South Carolina
Alabama
Rutgers
Florida v. Georgia
Miami
Florida
Ohio State
Army v. Navy

The guy that wrote the article (Alex Darcey - Sports Producer) graduated from Ithaca, so maybe it was the nostalgia of being back in the area. Either way, I'll take it.

WOW...We finally get a compliment and quite a few here just doesn't know how to accept. Pride here seems to run in weird directions.

Maybe fans here have been stuck to their own locations too long and don't realize that a lot of fans tailgate in different areas

Re-read the original article. He said "I’ve put together a list of the top five tailgates we visited last season."

These aren't the top five tailgates in the nation -- only of the games he went to.
Then I'll write an article saying that we are #1 since SU tailgates were the only ones I went to last year. Cool.

most of us were too drunk the night before to care about tailgating for a nooner. we just go harder at night, it's a SU thing.

If at 27 years old, I can stay out drinking in downtown Cleveland until 4:30 a.m. and then make it back out for an 8 a.m. tailgate for a Bills-Browns game, then surely some 18 year old kid could could handle doing that for a cuse game, right?

If at 27 years old, I can stay out drinking in downtown Cleveland until 4:30 a.m. and then make it back out for an 8 a.m. tailgate for a Bills-Browns game, then surely some 18 year old kid could could handle doing that for a cuse game, right?
Not when they don't have a vested interest in the game, no.

i could bounce back much better at 27 than 18.

by 27 i had 1o solid years of training, 5 of which in the workplace where you HAD to bounce back.

by 37 i was closing my saturday nights up at 2am.

i wont disclose what will likely be happening in the short time it will take me to get to 47 and how my saturday night before a Giants game will likely look.

:(

Last edited:
Then I'll write an article saying that we are #1 since SU tailgates were the only ones I went to last year. Cool.
Welcome to how the Internet works today to generate hits...LOL
Write and article with a ranking list, throw in a multiple click-able pictures of pretty coeds and bam...you have a legit article

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom