VT AND TENN | Syracusefan.com

VT AND TENN

Ish88888

All American
As i have posted previously about these neutral site games, this one, might be the worst! Yea, i get it, buy a ticket to say you were there, then watch the game on your phone. The fans are soooo far away from the field, its not a college atmosphere. Its a gimmick. Sorry, i look out for fan interest and this is total exploitation. But, in the south, you could set up a fb field in the grand canyon and fans would come.

I think it's pretty cool. How are fans being exploited? Nobody is forcing them to buy tickets.

You're definitely right about the south. Lived in Atlanta for 3 years and UGA has a rabid fanbase. Recently moved to Greenville, SC and Clemson gear is EVERYWHERE - Pep rallies downtown every Saturday. It's impressive.

This is an unbelievably cool event that I have been very excited about. But honestly, what is Virginia Tech doing with their uniforms? You're playing in this historical event which people will talk about forever, and you wear gimmicky uniforms with a tire tread design? Why not just wear your actual school colors?

With Pitt taking down PSU - Could we possibly have 6 ACC teams in the Top 25 if Va Tech can win this one tonight?

Yes, vt unis are messed up. But, come on, the fans are 300 ft away from the bench with the best seat! Yea, i get it, get drunk and have fun. Sorry, just a fan advocate. These southern schools' fans will buy a ticket in Memphis for a game in Nashville.

This is an unbelievably cool event that I have been very excited about. But honestly, what is Virginia Tech doing with their uniforms? You're playing in this historical event which people will talk about forever, and you wear gimmicky uniforms with a tire tread design? Why not just wear your actual school colors?
Maybe they have Bridgestone logos on them.

As i have posted previously about these neutral site games, this one, might be the worst! Yea, i get it, buy a ticket to say you were there, then watch the game on your phone. The fans are soooo far away from the field, its not a college atmosphere. Its a gimmick. Sorry, i look out for fan interest and this is total exploitation. But, in the south, you could set up a fb field in the grand canyon and fans would come.
ok so it's a gimmick. i watched a hockey game on terrible ice from the endzone and froze my @ss off in buffalo and it was incredibly fun. lighten up!

I don't get it, whats next? Are they going to try to have a football game on a golf course?

They've been talking about playing a game at Bristol for twenty years - back when they first started talking about it my brother and I planned to go even though we're not fans of either school just to be there. If they got around to scheduling this game before we had families that made blowing out for 3-4 days to watch teams we're not affiliated with a clearly bad call, we would have gone.

A small part of me is disappointed I'm not at this game right now. It may be a gimmick...but it's crazy cool.

I'll do my Wayne Mahar Kreskin weather prediction.

I estimate late in the 2nd half it is going to rain and storm like hell. The game will be delayed and a whole lotta people are going to get wet.

It's an event and people freely chose to go there.

There's nothing wrong with it.

It's an event and people freely chose to go there.

There's nothing wrong with it.

Amen! Have fun people, i wouldn't pay $5 for a seat in another zip code. That said, this partly explains our attendance problem as northern, fickle fans relative to the southern passion:)

Can't wait for Phil Mushnick's take on this in his next hot air column. He doesn't talk about uniforms enough.

I hate the New York Post. Yet I can't turn away from that train wreck of a "newspaper."

This is such a generational thing I feel these days. Younger people find it cool to go with funky uniforms. One-off's for events like this that you will only wear once ever. Being as loud and outlandish with the uniforms as you can get. And then you got the older, conservative bunch who want to see schools/teams wear the same thing year in and year out for 100 years and never change ever.

Tradition is dying in all aspects of sports, this is just another form of it. You will see more of these off the wall uniforms and its a trend that isn't going to stop ever. Don't be shocked when we see a day where a college team has 11 games a year and they wear 11 different uniforms (ie Oregon does that now essentially.) But the day that is the "norm" across the board for all schools isn't far away. That day is coming fast.

Last edited:
I'll do my Wayne Mahar Kreskin weather prediction.

I estimate late in the 2nd half it is going to rain and storm like hell. The game will be delayed and a whole lotta people are going to get wet.
What weather app you using Kreskin?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom