VT AND TENN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

VT AND TENN

As i have posted previously about these neutral site games, this one, might be the worst! .

These early season "neutral site games" are just early season "bowl games" for schools and a total 100% money grab. These days with a portion of the bowl money needing to be shared and given to the conference, schools have found a way around that. Get a dance partner (opponent) find a big-time NFL stadium or a gimmick like a race track that can hold a bunch of people, play a September game there and split the money/profits 50/50 with your opponent essentially. Start your season with a bowl game, end it with a bowl game. Make more money, keep more money!

NCAA Football is about making money for the schools first and foremost. No school is going to pass up the kind of big bucks thrown at them with these neutral site games.

WOW. This TCU Arkansas game. Insane two pt conversion!

These early season "neutral site games" are just early season "bowl games" for schools and a total 100% money grab. These days with a portion of the bowl money needing to be shared and given to the conference, schools have found a way around that. Get a dance partner (opponent) find a big-time NFL stadium or a gimmick like a race track that can hold a bunch of people, play a September game there and split the money/profits 50/50 with your opponent essentially. Start your season with a bowl game, end it with a bowl game. Make more money, keep more money!

NCAA Football is about making money for the schools first and foremost. No school is going to pass up the kind of big bucks thrown at them with these neutral site games.

But when will we really see the committee reward teams for taking that early season challenge as opposed to a cupcake? When they value the difficult loss vs. the easy win, it will validate the early season challenges and "money grab."

Lol. Just busting your chops. I've been following this storm all night. Actually had tornado warnings earlier which is unheard of up here

It seems to have lost some of its punch down south. You're still in that little red triangle.edit- rectangle.

Waiting for the front to pass here in Camillus.

It seems to have lost some of its punch down south. You're still in that little red triangle.edit- rectangle.

Waiting for the front to pass here in Camillus.
Cooler temps tomorrow

This is such a generational thing I feel these days. Younger people find it cool to go with funky uniforms. One-off's for events like this that you will only wear once ever. Being as loud and outlandish with the uniforms as you can get. And then you got the older, conservative bunch who want to see schools/teams wear the same thing year in and year out for 100 years and never change ever.

Tradition is dying in all aspects of sports, this is just another form of it. You will see more of these off the wall uniforms and its a trend that isn't going to stop ever. Don't be shocked when we see a day where a college team has 11 games a year and they wear 11 different uniforms (ie Oregon does that now essentially.) But the day that is the "norm" across the board for all schools isn't far away. That day is coming fast.

yea, these unis are so great they don't have their school color anywhere.

OburgOrange said:
Lol. Who dressed you yesterday ? You had the right colors on.

My wife

yea, these unis are so great they don't have their school color anywhere.

I didn't say I liked them. I'm just telling you the thought process and reality behind them. The majority of the younger generation and younger fans love that stuff.

Im not in love with VT's tonight, but I am not a big uniform guy anyway and really don't care what teams where these days.

Amen! Have fun people, i wouldn't pay $5 for a seat in another zip code. That said, this partly explains our attendance problem as northern, fickle fans relative to the southern passion:)
You do realize that we have one of if not the best fan base in college basketball whose fans regularly pay to sit in other zip codes for HOME games.

You do realize that we have one of if not the best fan base in college basketball whose fans regularly pay to sit in other zip codes for HOME games.

I do, i am just commenting on our fb fanbase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom