Waiters | Syracusefan.com

Waiters

orange03

Starter
If it is Dion's intention to declare after this season, it would be in his best interest to treat the tournament field like his bitch.

Same goes to the whole team I guess. I'd love to see them come out with a chip on their shoulder and play mean.

images

Problem is that if he decides to treat the field like his bitch, we will get selfish Dion trying to out on a show for the scouts.

I do like the idea of playing mean though, but I just don't think we have the personalities to play like that. Can you even imagine Kris trying to play mean?

Maybe JB can show the team Dalton's speech from Road House. Be nice until the time comes to not be nice.

If it is Dion's intention to declare after this season, it would be in his best interest to treat the tournament field like his bitch.

Same goes to the whole team I guess. I'd love to see them come out with a chip on their shoulder and play mean.

If he intends on going pro, he should do everything in his power to erase the memories of his last 10 mostly underwhelming games (9.2 ppg, 2.2 apg, 33-93 fg (35.1%), 8-34 3pt (23.5%))

Is Waiters a slightly more talented MeShawn? I guess I am just missing this "star" everyone else sees.

Is Waiters a slightly more talented MeShawn? I guess I am just missing this "star" everyone else sees.
There is no "slightly" about it, thanks in large part to two things: Dion is FAR more explosive, and is better defensively than DeShaun ever was.

There is no "slightly" about it, thanks in large part to two things: Dion is FAR more explosive, and is better defensively than DeShaun ever was.
I don't think you could emphasize those two differences any more... Dion, this year at least, is much more team oriented. Meshawn didn't have a scoop in his ear though...

We have been treating everyone like this all year.

With Fab @ND we could be undefeated.

And since everyone is ripping on Dion since we rip our own team and not others on this board for March why don't we ask the coach about the reins he has on his shooting and driving first. We wait all year play a 40 minute game and now if Dion drives down the stretch its on him if we lose. :bang:

Nice to know that Fab can't handle Davis and Dion will turn into Deshaun for march. Great confidence guys!
I hope Mantonio brings his wrath down upon this board :D.

Who is ripping on Dion? Mason pointed out he's played poorly recently, and someone else suggested he's similar to DeShaun in terms of style of play (and it's hard to deny he sort of is) but that's it. What am I missing?

Also, Fab CAN'T handle Davis one on one. Davis is the best player in the nation. Fab isn't top 30, maybe even 40 or 50. It's called realism.

let me just get this out in the open now. Please take the orange colored glasses off and take a look from outside the box. there.

Deshaun was the biggest ballhog bad shooting chuck up 1 million shots bad for team chemistry selfish leader ever.

Dion is nothing like Deshaun he plays within the offense, is more of a driver, a better defender, and is more a competitive then show off type.

The guy has had a few games where he forced more shots then he probably needed to the last thing we need is to compare him to deshaun. Compare him more with Flynn if you must.

I don't think DW is the game changer that many thought he would be at the beginning of the year, but when he attacks the basket with a purpose not many college kids can stay in front of him.

If he limits his jumpers and focuses on getting to the basket it would benefit us greatly.

I don't think DW is the game changer that many thought he would be at the beginning of the year, but when he attacks the basket with a purpose not many college kids can stay in front of him.

If he limits his jumpers and focuses on getting to the basket it would benefit us greatly.
Agree with this. His drive and two handed dunk against UConn prompted me to text one of my buddies "GROWN ASS MAN."

I just wish he would attack like that, rather than trying fall away jumpers and floaters. Attacking the tin is what makes the D-Wade comparisons even remotely legit.

Deshaun was the biggest ballhog bad shooting chuck up 1 million shots bad for team chemistry selfish leader ever.

Dion is nothing like Deshaun he plays within the offense, is more of a driver, a better defender, and is more a competitive then show off type.

The guy has had a few games where he forced more shots then he probably needed to the last thing we need is to compare him to deshaun. Compare him more with Flynn if you must.

Please do not Mention his name, He and Preston Shumpert teams were one of my first recoletions of me watching cuse basketball and GOD I HATED HIM with a passion even without knowing what was going on off the court and what a bad guy he was.

So dont mention Dion and him in the same sentence

and also dont like it when Devo gets compared to him either cause i think Devo had an edge to him from his tough background but never got the impression that he was a bad guy just had an edge to him

Please do not Mention his name, He and Preston Shumpert teams were one of my first recoletions of me watching cuse basketball and GOD I HATED HIM with a passion even without knowing what was going on off the court and what a bad guy he was.

So dont mention Dion and him in the same sentence

and also dont like it when Devo gets compared to him either cause i think Devo had an edge to him from his tough background but never got the impression that he was a bad guy just had an edge to him
Dion and DeShaun.

We don't deserve to make the postseason NIT because Dion is like Deshaun.

Whats our record now?? The best syracuse record ever by like 5 games.

i think everyone is missing the big point. Dion is playing within the team. He could take 20 shots and score 20 points in a game. He knows Syracuse is a TEAM. Last year he may have put up 20 shots. If you play him 40 minutes he is averaging 18 points. The team is balanced and you all see that. We don't have one top 15 scorer in the Big East and we are 15-1 in conference.

Maybe JB can show the team Dalton's speech from Road House. Be nice until the time comes to not be nice.
I believe Dalton also said in that speech "take the biggest guy in the world, shatter his knee, and he'll drop like a stone."

save that one for the Kentucky matchup?

Agree. Thats one thing about this team.
There have only been a few instances all year where certain players have had to take more shots or buckle down against tough defense.
Really outside the three game stretch without Fab this team can be as patient as they want. they can run one or two pass isolation attack the paint/ put up a three ball very easily or run a hustle motion offense.

I still felt we have been most efficient when we run motion and work it around more. But that motion offense depends on Southerland, Keita, MCW, Rak and the Triche Dion duo both having a good game. When they do we can wear out defenses, make oppoenets run harder, breathe rougher, and make them force things.

When we relax and put a light touch on our jumpers we can be a real deadly shooting team.

i think everyone is missing the big point. Dion is playing within the team. He could take 20 shots and score 20 points in a game. He knows Syracuse is a TEAM. Last year he may have put up 20 shots. If you play him 40 minutes he is averaging 18 points. The team is balanced and you all see that. We don't have one top 15 scorer in the Big East and we are 15-1 in conference.

16-1 in confrence

Agree. Thats one thing about this team.
There have only been a few instances all year where certain players have had to take more shots or buckle down against tough defense.
Really outside the three game stretch without Fab this team can be as patient as they want to or they can run one or two pass isolation attack the paint/ put up a three ball very easily.

I still felt we have been most efficient when we run motion and work it around more. But that motion offense depends on Southerland, Keita, MCW, Rak and the Triche Dion duo both having a good game. When they do we can wear out defenses, make oppoenets run harder, breathe rougher, and make them force things.
If our offense depends even a little bit on four guys who barely play we are in real trouble.

If our offense depends even a little bit on four guys who barely play we are in real trouble.

It doesn't depend on them its just better when they play better. We are able to keep legs rested and run more motion for more of the game.
MCW, Southerland were huge in the first half last game. We shot 50% in the first half against uconn we shot 34 in the second.

Against St Johns we shot high 50's with MCW having a nice game 3-3 , James did a few nice things that game I think.

Motion passing and good ball movement gives us better offense and our jumpshots are more relaxed off it. Its just something about this particular team.