Wake Forest coach charged in deadly Queens attack on tourist | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest coach charged in deadly Queens attack on tourist

1 punch is “deadly force?”

Man... delone carter, Derrick Coleman, Devo, TRob, deshaun Williams, plenty of lax players (literally off the top of my head just Cuse related) are all lucky as hell to not be rotting in jail for attempted murder.

(Plenty of sarcasm)
it's rare but not as rare as people think

people die in falls all the time and if you knock someone out, they fall, usually onto something pretty hard

there's a documentary about it, i think it was called one punch homicide

it's rare but not as rare as people think

people die in falls all the time and if you knock someone out, they fall, usually onto something pretty hard

there's a documentary about it, i think it was called one punch homicide
Doesn’t it depend on who does it ? For example if a pro fighter throws a punch it’s an elevated charge than joe schmoe

Doesn’t it depend on who does it ? For example if a pro fighter throws a punch it’s an elevated charge than joe schmoe
joe schmoes can knock someone out. it's hardly ever ivan drago stuff, guy gets knocked out and hits his head

bad undercard scrub fighters in low rent boxing shows have the most crazy knockouts because a million guys can hit hard, the good ones don't get hit hard

Always amazes me the low max prison terms for violent offenses. He can receive up to a year in prison and he killed someone not out of self defense. Same thing with drunk driving, some a-hole mows down a couple kids and gets a couple yrs in prison. If your selling crack you’ll prob get 5 yrs in prison.

Always amazes me the low max prison terms for violent offenses. He can receive up to a year in prison and he killed someone not out of self defense. Same thing with drunk driving, some a-hole mows down a couple kids and gets a couple yrs in prison. If your selling crack you’ll prob get 5 yrs in prison.

He punched a guy. One punch. By freak accident, the guy died.

He’s only looking at likely jail time, frankly, because the guy died. Usually, a punch doesn’t get you sent to prison and shouldn’t.

He punched a guy. One punch. By freak accident, the guy died.

He’s only looking at likely jail time, frankly, because the guy died. Usually, a punch doesn’t get you sent to prison and shouldn’t.
It's the result that matters. The guy is dead because of that punch.

It's the result that matters. The guy is dead because of that punch.

The action and the intent matters more. He doesn’t deserve a lengthy jail sentence for what he did and the prosecutors seemed to agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless he was sucker punched, I really don't even think this is a crime.

Not being a jackass - but I kind of assume the drunk guy deserved the punch. Its not the punchers fault it just so happened to kill him. (sorry for landing a better punch than i hoped?) (sorry for bench pressing a few more lbs last week?) He clearly wasn't trying to kill him. You piss someone off, you know you are going to fight. It happens.

If i drop a banana peel on the ground and you slip on it and die, is that really my fault?
Depends on how much money you have?

The action and the intent matters more. He doesn’t deserve a lengthy jail sentence for what he did and the prosecutors seemed to agree.
depends 100% on which prosecutor you get. a lot of people are serving longer sentences without killing someone for one punch

Did this coach intend to kill this man? Of course not.
Despite the fact that he didn’t start the confrontation, did his reckless escalation and poor judgement cause the death of another person? Yes.
Is the coach a future threat to public safety that would warrant a long prison sentence? Unlikely.

I feel like justice was served here.

Did this coach intend to kill this man? Of course not.
Despite the fact that he didn’t start the confrontation, did his reckless escalation and poor judgement cause the death of another person? Yes.
Is the coach a future threat to public safety that would warrant a long prison sentence? Unlikely.

I feel like justice was served here.
I wonder how you can say that he isn't a threat to future public safety? I suppose you would have thought that before he punched and killed someone. All we know for sure is what he actually did.

I wonder how you can say that he isn't a threat to future public safety? I suppose you would have thought that before he punched and killed someone. All we know for sure is what he actually did.

That was my question. I have managed not to punch anyone even once in my adulthood.

That was my question. I have managed not to punch anyone even once in my adulthood.
What do we say to the family of the next person he punches and badly hurts when they ask why he didn't get a stiffer sentence for actually killing someone.

I don't know for sure, but I'm making an educated guess that the prosecutors sought the punishment they did based on the fact that this was a "one-off" type event and he didn't have a prior criminal history. If he had a criminal history of violence, then I would want him in jail for much longer.

I assume he will be on probation for quite a while after being released.

By your logic, everybody who has punched somebody is a threat to public safety then. The fall killed him, not the punch. Which is not a semantic detail.

What do we say to the family of the next person he punches and badly hurts when they ask why he didn't get a stiffer sentence for actually killing someone.

wut?

A person died. Not much else to say. I value life in these situations over someone’s decision to throw a punch.

Have a kid and get back to me. Your perspective might change.

By your logic, everybody who has punched somebody is a threat to public safety then. The fall killed him, not the punch. Which is not a semantic detail.
wut? he wouldn't have fallen without the punch. What

yeah, punching someone is not done in polite society. We aren't in grade school. People get really hurt and sometimes die. The person who he murdered is not hurt. He won't be on next week's episode. He is dead. Life over.

I mean, you could apply that same logic to literally any situation in history where a person went to jail and didn’t receive either life or the death penalty.

Last edited:
A person died. Not much else to say. I value life in these situations over someone’s decision to throw a punch.

Have a kid and get back to me. Your perspective might change.

??? I have 2 kids. What does that or the value of life have to do with this?

yeah, punching someone is not done in polite society. We aren't in grade school. People get really hurt and sometimes die. The person who he murdered is not hurt. He won't be on next week's episode. He is dead. Life over.

OK, you’re not getting it. I’m out.

??? I have 2 kids. What does that or the value of life have to do with this?

Umm, “what does the value of life have to do with this”?

Gotcha. Not much else to talk about. Peace

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom