Wally Pipp = Girard | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wally Pipp = Girard

I honestly don’t know. Maybe Buddy plays forward. Gulp.
See I say rip the band aid off now then.
If JG3 feels he deserves to be a 4 year starter I say thank you and good luck finding a school that will promise you that.
Joe is a nice player. I want him to get legit minutes every game I am just saying the better player is Kadary and he deserves to start.

If JG3 feels he deserves to be a 4 year starter I say thank you and good luck finding a school that will promise you that.
Joe is a nice player. I want him to get legit minutes every game I am just saying the better player is Kadary and he deserves to start.

I think the easier route would be to make your son the 6th man and tell him he’s still getting 30 minutes.

I’m not convinced Kadary should be the starter over good JG3 or last year’s jg3. Our opponents know he won’t shoot from the perimeter and are now playing him for the drive and are taking it away. It definitely is clogging up the offense a bit. This would not happen with jg3 hitting shots. JG has a higher ceiling this year than Kadary because of his shooting but also a lower floor. JB is betting on the upside of JG3.

If Kadary gets a consistent jumper... the sky is the limit. In a lot of ways, Kadary reminds me of a freshman year Frank Howard... Kadary has better vision and a better handle, Frank was the better athlete. let’s hope Kadary stays injury free and has a better attitude than Frank.
I think your Frank Howard to Kadary Richmond comparison is spot on. Defenses are sagging on Richmond and they go under every on-ball screen he engages. Richmond seems like a very hard worker and if that is the case he will significantly improve his jump shot heading into next season.

I honestly don’t know. Maybe Buddy plays forward. Gulp.

You have to expect only one more year of Kadary. He prepped after HS and has to be one of the oldest frosh in the country.

Whether you think he should start and play as many mins as possible (like me) or if you just think he should start at all, I would assume that it's the remainder of this year and next that we have him.

Kadary uses the space he gets on defense to drive on guys. His issue isn't really long range shooting, even though that would make him ridiculous, it's finishing when he gets close to the rim. He's abusing his guys when he gets space to use it as runway to get close to the rim. He just needs to finish better.

If Buddy starts at the 3 next year, and I think that is a real possibility, we're conceding defense, but we're already conceding defense this year.

To me, in an ideal world, we would go Kadary, Buddy, Bras or Woody, Benny, TBD center. However, I think there is a scenario where Buddy is at the three and JGIII is at the two. I just think there will be an exodus after the season of a number of guys, just my opinion.

Before anyone jumps in about his jump shot and the draft, the NBA will be fine drafting him and expecting to be able to coach him on shooting, especially with him having an ok FT %. Zero of the 32 NBA teams will think Cuse will teach him a jump shot better than they can.

Very well may be true-- but he's not going to start over Girard. It's just not happening. Period. Don't continue to beat yourself up over it.

Kadary uses the space he gets on defense to drive on guys. His issue isn't really long range shooting, even though that would make him ridiculous, it's finishing when he gets close to the rim. He's abusing his guys when he gets space to use it as runway to get close to the rim. He just needs to finish better.

this 1000%

his finishing right now is subpar...sadly as are basically all of our players. It’s been an issue for us for years now (Oshae and Roberson being the other ones that stick out)

Very well may be true-- but he's not going to start over Girard. It's just not happening. Period. Don't continue to beat yourself up over it.
Will it happen next year?

Kadary makes Buddy a better player.

that alone is why JB should make the switch.

i understand minutes and who finishes, but im so done seeing Girard's name in the starting 5. the things he does well, are 2nd team things.

lets start hot (energy level, not necessarily shooting) and let girard come in to spell Buddy and Kadary.

lets go JB, do it for Buddy...(and Marek, he plays better with KR too).

hell, they all do, even Girard.

As much as I have pounded both guards this year, you keep JG starting this year but JB just needs to give that hook and bring in Kadary when it’s not working. I really do think JG would thrive off the bench in a non featured role where he just has to shoot and not be a playmaker. It’s not his game. Same with Buddy. He isnt a playmaker and that’s OK. Let’s have our actual playmaker playmake. We are lucky our center can do some playmaking/passing so they guys dont have to be 1b in handling the ball/setting up others.

And I’m actually excited to see Kadary and JG3 start in two years.

Kadary makes Buddy a better player.

that alone is why JB should make the switch.

i understand minutes and who finishes, but im so done seeing Girard's name in the starting 5. the things he does well, are 2nd team things.

lets start hot (energy level, not necessarily shooting) and let girard come in to spell Buddy and Kadary.

lets go JB, do it for Buddy...(and Marek, he plays better with KR too).

hell, they all do, even Girard.
This!!

Hate those types of shots. Because making one encourages him to take more like that.

Glad he made that particular one, though.
Yeah we had a really weird lineup for that. Buddy-Ajak-Braswell along the back and Kadary and Joe up top.

I think your Frank Howard to Kadary Richmond comparison is spot on. Defenses are sagging on Richmond and they go under every on-ball screen he engages. Richmond seems like a very hard worker and if that is the case he will significantly improve his jump shot heading into next season.

Im trying to recall the time where Howard crossed his man, and then spun, and then used his off hand to lay it in, around multiple defenders. But I just can’t do it.

Kadary’s skill level is so much higher.

Given Boeheim's general rotation schedule, I agree that Kadary needs to start.

Joe is still an important part of this team, but it should be as a 6th man. Maybe taking some of that pressure off will improve his play. There will be games where he has the hot hand (like against that BC high school team), and he'll need more minutes in those games.

I know JB would respond to this by saying how can we know this without watching practice, but deep down, I think he knows it's in the best interest of the team.

The ceiling of the team is raised with Kadary. And we need him in the game at tip to get us off on the right foot.

It makes Buddy's life easier and it helps keep AG on the track because he's in his own world sometimes.

Kadary needs to work on his finishing moves in the lane, but you can see the talent there.

I keep harping on this, just put him in a room with tape of Kawhi (assuming we can't afford Chip Engelland).

JB has all the air coverage in the world to start him next game with that comeback.
If Kadary started and played well, when the heck would Girard get in the game? He's not coming in for Buddy. It's easier for Boeheim to do it this way. I don't agree with it. Girard would be a contributor playing about 12 mpg divided behind spelling Richmond at PG and at SG for when Buddy moves to SF.

Joe Girard needs to get in a fight with the star of team for the analogy to be complete. Do we have a Babe Ruth on this team?

Just an FYI, Scottie Barnes, the ACC’s likely freshman of the year and a certified lottery pick, only averages less than 25 Mpg. Which is basically what Kadary has been playing recently. Earlier in January, I didn’t think Richmond was playing enough and I feared that JB would bury him on the bench in favor of Girard. But over the last several games/past 4 weeks, I’m much less concerned about this issue. JB is having KR finish most of the games, unless Girard is playing really well. I think JB could have Richmond could play a few more minutes and reduce Buddy’s minutes if he’s not shooting or playing well, but I feel like we’re trending in the right direction with Kadary v Joe at PG. Kadary will def start next season.

Just an FYI, Scottie Barnes, the ACC’s likely freshman of the year and a certified lottery pick, only averages less than 25 Mpg. Which is basically what Kadary has been playing recently. Earlier in January, I didn’t think Richmond was playing enough and I feared that JB would bury him on the bench in favor of Girard. But over the last several games/past 4 weeks, I’m much less concerned about this issue. JB is having KR finish most of the games, unless Girard is playing really well. I think JB could have Richmond could play a few more minutes and reduce Buddy’s minutes if he’s not shooting or playing well, but I feel like we’re trending in the right direction with Kadary v Joe at PG. Kadary will def start next season.

FSU is a top 10 team and currently leading the ACC. If that were the case with Syracuse, I'd be ok with coach's decisions as well if we were in that situation.

Also, no player on that team averages more than 30 mpg and they have NINE guys that average more than 15 mpg.

This is not apples to apples.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom