Warning Ticketmaster thread | Syracusefan.com

Warning Ticketmaster thread

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
I noticed that ticketmaster has been shifting the sections they are making available on their site. Hoping that is a sign that tickets are moving.

I noticed that ticketmaster has been shifting the sections they are making available on their site. Hoping that is a sign that tickets are moving.
Looking at the site it doesn't appear that there will be a good crowd Friday night...

Looking at the site it doesn't appear that there will be a good crowd Friday night...

Thats what I was thinking too...looks like a lot of $100+ tickets left and I don't see them moving...but hey, what do I know. Hopefully I am wrong.

Thats what I was thinking too...looks like a lot of $100+ tickets left and I don't see them moving...but hey, what do I know. Hopefully I am wrong.
you know how to pick a golf partner.

The upper levels of the upper deck have some tickets sold ...this morning they stopped making them available and opened up the lower levels. I am hoping for 35 or more at this point. Might not reach that.

I'll be buying a $25 ticket.

i just hit the ticket master map and it looks wide open. they need to redo their pricing structure. who the heck is going to buy $100 single game tickets. forget making money on admission. sell the tickets cheap and make up for it on food/beer and merchandise.

when I see that I usually take it as them trying to disperse the crowd when tickets aren't selling that well.

They are never going to fill the sections that matter with the current structure. I'm happy they sold more seasons, but they are in the end zones where they lowered the price. Get more people between the 20s by lowering the price there as well.

i just hit the ticket master map and it looks wide open. they need to redo their pricing structure. who the heck in syracuse is going to buy $100 single game tickets. forget making money on admission. sell the tickets cheap and make up for it on food/beer and merchandise.
yep, Nobody is going to buy middle upper deck tickets for 125 or 180 dollars. ( very, very, few )

how much advertising are they doing? they should be blasting the radio ads. I've heard nothing in Albany

i just hit the ticket master map and it looks wide open. they need to redo their pricing structure. who the heck is going to buy $100 single game tickets. forget making money on admission. sell the tickets cheap and make up for it on food/beer and merchandise.
It's unreal. Save me the "they're protecting the preferred donors". It's called supply and demand. I wouldn't care if they made tickets free next to me for the next five years if it meant more bodies. $100? Jesus H

Nothing in the Southern Tier ( the Dino and JB show did come to a Binghamotn Mets game in early August.)

There are complete rows of tickets for sale in the 300 level (between the 20's) which is bad news for Friday night. Looks like the first four or five rows are sold and the rest are available. It is amazing they actually think tickets in Section 301, Row K will sell for $180 a piece.

When we're a perennial Top 20-25 team in the near future, these issues hopefully won't continue to linger. Lower the prices all over the place (especially the single game tix), get the fannies in the seats, get them hooked, then get them to sign up for season tickets.

Can't wait to hear that Dome roar again. It gets loud when there's 25k in there, but when it's filled, it's damn near deafening. Phenomenal.

yep, Nobody is going to buy middle upper deck tickets for 125 or 180 dollars. ( very, very, few )
I was at the '96 VaTech game in that area and I know my Dad paid nothing close to those prices. If they had been that high we would've sat elsewhere or not gone. People that set ticket prices are obviously out of touch with area economics and perception of demand.

690West said:
It's unreal. Save me the "they're protecting the preferred donors". It's called supply and demand. I wouldn't care if they made tickets free next to me for the next five years if it meant more bodies. $100? Jesus H

Well that's what they are doing. People pay hundreds if not thousands for preferred seating donations. I've said for several years they have to start over with the seating plan and significantly cut the donation. Then increase it as they win. Cause people are right, walk ups and single game buyers aren't going to pay $100 per. But it's absolutely bad business to charge donors what they do and then charge everyone else just the price of the ticket game after game. Too many donors would just stop donating.

Not sure why there aren't 4 plans. Lower Bowl between the 25s, lower bowl wrap around and the same upstairs.

Dome is a cozy venue with next to no ticket holder access inside for better stuff, not a big disadvantage to sit in cheaper seats at all.

Well that's what they are doing. People pay hundreds if not thousands for preferred seating donations. I've said for several years they have to start over with the seating plan and significantly cut the donation. Then increase it as they win. Cause people are right, walk ups and single game buyers aren't going to pay $100 per. But it's absolutely bad business to charge donors what they do and then charge everyone else just the price of the ticket game after game. Too many donors would just stop donating.
If that's the case, then it shouldn't even be called a donation.

I understand. You're right, we need to revamp the whole policy. But in the meantime, I'd like to have a nice talk with any donors who wouldn't see the short term benefit of filling those damn seats.

690West said:
I understand. You're right, we need to revamp the whole policy. But in the short term, I'd like to have a nice talk with any donors who wouldn't see the short term benefit of filling those damn seats.

I don't think SU would do anything after they've taken the money. So it's kind of moot.

donations for tax write offs, tickets are not. they are selling the cheap tickets and few of the others outside the donation areas. they have to be able to see that the system is broken. but still that doesnt explain the lack of promotion or why the locals have so little interest.

donations for tax write offs, tickets are not. they are selling the cheap tickets and few of the others outside the donation areas. they have to be able to see that the system is broken. but still that doesnt explain the lack of promotion or why the locals have so little interest.

Where are the $100 tickets located?

$100 for one seat for one game? Unless you sit in the preferred section around the 50 y.l., I don't know where it would be. I have season tickets in Sec 129. I have the Louisville ticket in my hand and it says $38. :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom