Warning Ticketmaster thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Warning Ticketmaster thread

SU68 said:
$100 for one seat for one game? Unless you sit in the preferred section around the 50 y.l., I don't know where it would be. I have season tickets in Sec 129. I have the Louisville ticket in my hand and it says $38. :noidea:

You must be in the half of 129 going towards the 5/10 yard line. Your seat numbers are probably 101-116?

Looking at the site it doesn't appear that there will be a good crowd Friday night...

If we do an orange Oakland A's upper deck type tarp over about 8 sections, I think the crowd will look great.

It will be a little awkward when one of those orange tarps is over the lower bowl 40 yard line, but so be it.

This is just Ticketmasters attempt to sell high to those that are impatient for a ticket and the possibility of a large UofL contingent. Prices will go down closer to game day. Always do.

texascpa said:
This is just Ticketmasters attempt to sell high to those that are impatient for a ticket and the possibility of a large UofL contingent. Prices will go down closer to game day. Always do.

Do you mean cheaper sections becoming available? The prices never change.

Do they use data when they do this?

Louisville traditionally brings about 10-15 people.

Note there's no K at the end of the 10-15.

will team success, if it comes, be enough to generate interest? or do we need a "star" or exciting individual player to promote, a name that people will know and want to see? A McNabb. Freeney. Graves. The 44's.

looks like between the 20's up to the roof.
sections:
114-118
101, 102, 129, 130
301, 302, 336
318, 319, 320

I am further up in 301. If you are going to pay $100 for a single game you are better served getting season tickets

$100 for one seat for one game? Unless you sit in the preferred section around the 50 y.l., I don't know where it would be. I have season tickets in Sec 129. I have the Louisville ticket in my hand and it says $38. :noidea:
They don't include the donation in the season ticket price. whether you sit on the 5o yd line or the 15 yard line everyone's ticket "costs" 205 dollars for the season. It's what you "donate" to the Orange Club that give you access to the location of your seat. My ticket also says $38 but on ticktmaster they are $70 because the cost of the donation for a single game is rolled into that ticket.

I paid $150 for my Florida State ticket on the 20 yard line and I think it is worth every penny.

But then again, Syracuse is my favorite college team.

this is something that Wildhack needs to address this year. Dr. Gross never did it and Coyle wasn't here long enough. Bees is right about changing the pricing structure but I'm not sure how the other donors that sit in that area feel about it. Aren't most of the old timers that complained gone by now, still holding a grudge from 2002?

this is something that Wildhack needs to address this year. Dr. Gross never did it and Coyle wasn't here long enough. Bees is right about changing the pricing structure but I'm not sure how the other donors that sit in that area feel about it. Aren't most of the old timers that complained gone by now, still holding a grudge from 2002?

Change the pricing structure. Get the empty sections filled. Appease the donors by refunding them some percentage of their previous donation. Gradually increase prices as the product and demand improves.

Last edited:
They really need to think about de-linking the ticket prices and donations. The age-old argument against this has been that it would be unfair for the high-level donors to pay $x,xxx for their tix when the guy next to them bought single game tix for $50. As long as the donations and ticket prices are linked, that will remain true. But, if you have a tiered benefits package for donors, they will derive additional benefits from their donation that make it worthwhile.

Bear with me as I am just spitballing here, but something like this:
upload_2016-9-7_13-12-56.png

when i look at tickets this week vs colgate i think we have sold less so far. thats pretty sad

Bought Colgate tickets from TM last Friday around 4 PM. Prices between the 20's were ridiculous but I got great seats in 315 for $35 each and was pleasantly surprised i was only dinged for a $6.50 service fee per ticket. If I wanted to sit in the $100+ seats i could have stood up and walked about 20' through the empty rows of seats. They might think about tiering the pricing in the third level - rows A-E are x and F to K are x- and so on.

Hopefully this will be addressed when they reduce the number of seats in the stadium with the renovation. Technically everyone will have to pick new seats when this happens, so it seems like a perfect time to do this. Then they can scrap the whole system and start fresh with something new.

when i look at tickets this week vs colgate i think we have sold less so far. thats pretty sad
As i look this afternoon they have added a bunch of tickets in the lower bowl. I'm now thinking we might not hit 30. Depressing

CUSU said:
There will be 30 if there was 30 last week..

The students saved us last week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom