Was in a 10 car pileup in Dubai tonight | Syracusefan.com

Was in a 10 car pileup in Dubai tonight

Does this qualify me to be a rabid SU fan?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • You've go to be kidding me

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

alibrat66

2nd String
Was involved in a 10 car crash in Dubai tonight. My car was demolished. Fortunately, I wasn't hurt. Just sore as hell, and the skin was sanded off part of each hand from the air bags deploying; I must've been holding on to the steering wheel for dear life.

Traffic was snarled for hours. The police finally got there, along with a couple of ambulances. Took over two hours for the police to question everyone.

During it all, I was thinking about getting home in time to watch the Syracuse-Georgetown game on the internet! I was even grateful when the docs told me not to go to sleep for a few hours.

Guess that's what being an avid SU fan (basketball & football) for over 65 years does to one. To hell with the car; get me home to see the game!!

So here it is, 2:52 a.m. over here, and I'm following doctor's orders by not going to bed!!:p

Was involved in a 10 car crash in Dubai tonight. My car was demolished. Fortunately, I wasn't hurt. Just sore as hell, and the skin was sanded off part of each hand from the air bags deploying; I must've been holding on to the steering wheel for dear life.

Traffic was snarled for hours. The police finally got there, along with a couple of ambulances. Took over two hours for the police to question everyone.

During it all, I was thinking about getting home in time to watch the Syracuse-Georgetown game on the internet! I was even grateful when the docs told me not to go to sleep for a few hours.

Guess that's what being an avid SU fan (basketball & football) for over 65 years does to one. To hell with the car; get me home to see the game!!

So here it is, 2:52 a.m. over here, and I'm following doctor's orders by not going to bed!!:p

Tom, Glad to hear you're safe and sound. Told you that you should have stayed put in Santa Cruz.

You are a true fan. Dubai is awesome. I was there pre 9/11, I know it's changed a lot since then.

Glad you are okay. Never ever a doubt about you being an SU superfan. Relax tomorrow and rest those muscles.

And still able to type a recap for SyracuseFan. Now THAT is a fan!

I'm glad to hear you're OK, Tom. Getting in an accident is bad enough, but in a foreign country? Sheesh, that is scary. We'll send you a bouquet of clipped Hoya claws. ;)

Ali, Glad I scrolled down far enough to see this post, and glad you are OK. I hope everyone involved is OK. And glad that the team made you forget your troubles. Beating Georgetown is the best medicine there is!!! It is a type of holistic healing. And make sure you listen, and stay up for a bit, and have someone check in on you.

Good to hear that you are OK!

How do you watch the games... ESPN's web site, or some other method?

Good to hear that you are OK!

How do you watch the games... ESPN's web site, or some other method?

ESPN website; then shift to CBS website for the NCAAs.

Wow.
Glad you're ok...and presume the outcome of the game eases any pain.

I used to be proud of myself for refusing to leave a hospital ER waiting room to get treated when the great "Billy Owens 3 free throws at the buzzer" Georgetown game went into overtime.

Now...because of your story...I'm embarrassed.
I had a broken toe.

Thanks, all, for your support. The day after the wreck, and I am still in amazement I walked away from the crash. Today, it feels as though my tendons, muscles, ligaments, and all have been stretched to their max; I actually busted the mechanism in the seat belt, so it remains forever fully extended. I'm walking a little gingerly, thus I'm imploring the Cuse to "Win One For The Gimper" tonight.

I'm taking it easy, sitting out in my garden reading and smoking a big Cuban cigar, and getting some rest for tonight's game against Pitino's Potoozis (you have to be from New York to be familiar with that one!).

Vamos Naranja!

Now go find Tristan, kick him in the balls and it will be like the best day ever!
Ali, What...pleased you are okay...don't think any realignment takes in Dubai...however; are you there playing golf...a couple of sweet courses there...and make sure to let us know how you are doing...take care my friend!

Tom, I'm so happy to read that you are OK. Take it easy and enjoy the game this evening!

Thanks, all, for your support. The day after the wreck, and I am still in amazement I walked away from the crash. Today, it feels as though my tendons, muscles, ligaments, and all have been stretched to their max; I actually busted the mechanism in the seat belt, so it remains forever fully extended. I'm walking a little gingerly, thus I'm imploring the Cuse to "Win One For The Gimper" tonight.

I'm taking it easy, sitting out in my garden reading and smoking a big Cuban cigar, and getting some rest for tonight's game against Pitino's Potoozis (you have to be from New York to be familiar with that one!).

Vamos Naranja!

^ "The most interesting man in the world" ^

Glad to hear you're ok. Am I correct to assume that since the crash was in Dubai, it involved a McLaren and/or a Ferrari?