was it common knowledge?? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

was it common knowledge??

Missouri has a senior QB that is a first round pick in next year’s draft.

ED - who is awesome and having statues erected of him as we speak - was not a factor.
Just thinking of ED being mentioned in the same sentence of statue erection made me giggle like a 7th grader. I wonder what the statue will look like?

Yeah, and it's a slightly different story than what Dino said after his initial press conference. If I recall, he said Eric came up and introduced himself to Dino and Dino said something to the effect of I'm told by people around here that you're a pretty good quarterback.

And then I recall the first year talking about all the time they had to take to get him to learn to play the position a different way, saying he was a triple option QB. (I never really thought that was an accurate description but Lester did introduce the triple option in 2015 with the help of the RB coach at the time).

I'm with you, I think saying it now is just coachspeak, and a very nice thing to say about the senior QB who helped you turn it around. The job itself, Dome/ACC, etc. and SU keeping it quiet so he could focus on the MAC Championship game with Bowling Gree, were the factors.

Indeed...a nice story now, clearly some coach speak and great PR. Dino is marvelous at this and is quite entertaining, and part of the equation in why he is so well liked.

In that same presser, he mentioned how Dungey did this one specific RPO in either that Wednesday or Thursday practice last week and said he was like "whoa!" Called Eric over and asked him how he was feeling as what he just did, it did not look in anyway, shape or form that "his back" was hurting. Eric apparently said he was good, and Babers claimed that his hair on his arms literally just stood up because of it, and that we now had a chance on Saturday. Did his hair really stand up? ;):).

On a somewhat related note, I found it kind of funny that later in that same interview when asked by a reporter about the injury to Dungey, he stated he wouldn't say exactly what his injury was, when earlier, he had just said what he said in regards to Eric's back. So, Dino already mentioned the injury/situation involved Eric's back.