Was ND behind it all? | Syracusefan.com

Was ND behind it all?

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
They knew they had a media favorite as soon as he signed to play for them (Te'o).

He has always been in the spotlight, from freshman year on.

Did ND concoct the story and use Te'o as a pawn to bring the program positive attention and build a buzz about them?

Did they sell Te'o and his family on this?

Part of me thinks the Admin at ND created this whole 'cancer' thing and wanted to create a buzz for their program's face.

When did media attention focus on the cancer angle? This year?

A lot of questions ...

Wait are you suggesting a school that changed the pronounciation of one of their players names (it's thees-man not thighs-man) would concoct a play like this to get another one of their players heisman consideration?!?

mgdlc.jpg

i mean this in no disrespect to lizzy seeberg or Declan Sullivan, but do you think Syracuse, or any other school for that matter, would not go through a lot to protect/help their Heisman candidate?
there are probably some things that have been swept underneath the su athletic department as quickly and quietly as possible to prevent negative possibly. on the other hand, if syracuse had a heisman candidate, the school, and we as fans, would do everything in our power to protect/help the athlete, or at least help minimize the situation. much better treatmant than a normal student would get

think about how many times, when something happens with one of the players or to the program, the first thing that goes through our minds as fans is how will this impact the program/season (ie. bernie fine, the media director, snowball incidents, block party incidents, drug tests, etc). we crucify penn st, nd and other schools for not taking swifter action, but when things like this happens to syracuse (granted, most seem to be of lesser degree), we can't believe it is true and want it fixed (to the good of the program) as soon as possible

I don't believe for a second ND was behind this from the beginning. Te'o def was. But ND did become complicit with this story. No where near a crime vis a vis Penn St. but it still 'stinks'. TD Jesus's arms should signal a personal foul.

I wouldn't put it past them. They are the 2nd most despicable school there is, behind only PedSt. Schools who put their football programs above all things, even child rape or the death of students.

Fans of ND, like PedSt fans, are not just delusional but also horrible people for supporting those schools.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't put it past them. They are the 2nd most despicable school there is, behind only PedSt. Schools who put their football programs above all things, even child rape or the death of students.

Fans of ND, like PedSt fans, are not just delusional but also horrible people for supporting those schools.

Look, if you have something to say about ND or Penn st., say it. You are worse than Marsh and his feelings about UConn which no one can get a straight answer about!!

i mean this in no disrespect to lizzy seeberg or Declan Sullivan, but do you think Syracuse, or any other school for that matter, would not go through a lot to protect/help their Heisman candidate?
there are probably some things that have been swept underneath the su athletic department as quickly and quietly as possible to prevent negative possibly. on the other hand, if syracuse had a heisman candidate, the school, and we as fans, would do everything in our power to protect/help the athlete, or at least help minimize the situation. much better treatmant than a normal student would get

think about how many times, when something happens with one of the players or to the program, the first thing that goes through our minds as fans is how will this impact the program/season (ie. bernie fine, the media director, snowball incidents, block party incidents, drug tests, etc). we crucify penn st, nd and other schools for not taking swifter action, but when things like this happens to syracuse (granted, most seem to be of lesser degree), we can't believe it is true and want it fixed (to the good of the program) as soon as possible

No, we do nothing to protect our players. Judicial Affairs has had their run with our programs.

DOes the name Southerland ring a bell? He's a 5th year senior and at any other big times hoop program he would be eligible no matter what. No other schools would let him miss games.

Not to mention the relentless drug testings of these kids (I think its calmed down a bit) which is total BS and something only eclipsed by what TCU did with that sting on their own players.

ND is getting its deserved karma for the murder of the grad student by Kelly and the suicide of the girl who was raped.

No, we do nothing to protect our players. Judicial Affairs has had their run with our programs.

DOes the name Southerland ring a bell? He's a 5th year senior and at any other big times hoop program he would be eligible no matter what. No other schools would let him miss games.

Not to mention the relentless drug testings of these kids (I think its calmed down a bit) which is total BS and something only eclipsed by what TCU did with that sting on their own players.

ND is getting its deserved karma for the murder of the grad student by Kelly and the suicide of the girl who was raped.
aside from what you read in today's media, i dont think there is evidence she was actually raped.

Wait are you suggesting a school that changed the pronounciation of one of their players names (it's thees-man not thighs-man) would concoct a play like this to get another one of their players heisman consideration?!?

The German pronunciation is actually the current pronunciation except for the th. In German, there is no th sound so its said in true German form as Teismann. ND did encourage him to change it from his American pronunciation of Theesmann. I don't know where that came from. Probably translation confusion from his ancestors at Ellis Island.

The German pronunciation is actually the current pronunciation except for the th. In German, there is no th sound so its said in true German form as Teismann. ND did encourage him to change it from his American pronunciation of Theesmann. I don't know where that came from. Probably translation confusion from his ancestors at Ellis Island.
You mean like how Vito Andolini from Corleone became Vito Corleone?

DOes the name Southerland ring a bell? He's a 5th year senior

I see we still have folks in the fanbase that think Southerland is a fifth year senior. Strange. Well, at least you spelled the player's name correctly as that seems to still be a major problem on this board.

if mante's claiming he talked to what he thought was his "girlfriend" every night on the phone, well then somebody had to be on the other end of the line. and nobody's gonna tie up that much time in a prank for such an extended period of time. there is a paper trail. teo will have some 'splaining to do before this thing is over.poor mante. i cry a tiny fake tear.

They knew they had a media favorite as soon as he signed to play for them (Te'o).

He has always been in the spotlight, from freshman year on.

Did ND concoct the story and use Te'o as a pawn to bring the program positive attention and build a buzz about them?

Did they sell Te'o and his family on this?

Part of me thinks the Admin at ND created this whole 'cancer' thing and wanted to create a buzz for their program's face.

When did media attention focus on the cancer angle? This year?

A lot of questions ...

No way in hell.

Its brand is seismically bigger than any one player can ever be. I can't stand them, but no way in hell they were. No way.

Awesome. You do realize you root for a program who's head coach called being caught red-handed shop-lifting a "misunderstanding", right? I mean, I'm cool with your opinion -- I disagree on ND, but I'm fine with it. What you do have to understand is that this whole world is dirty, misguided and, on many levels, despicable. The fact that ND has made itself a household name with clever and forward thinking marketing is something we only wish SU had done. And people are completely absurd with the declan sullivan tragedy.

No way in hell.

Its brand is seismically bigger than any one player can ever be. I can't stand them, but no way in hell they were. No way.

And people hate ND, but when they do something for media attention they usually do it right. This thing was sloppy, bizarre and, frankly, not very likely to succeed once the cancer thing entered into the equation.

Awesome. You do realize you root for a program who's head coach called being caught red-handed shop-lifting a "misunderstanding", right? I mean, I'm cool with your opinion -- I disagree on ND, but I'm fine with it. What you do have to understand is that this whole world is dirty, misguided and, on many levels, despicable. The fact that ND has made itself a household name with clever and forward thinking marketing is something we only wish SU had done. And people are completely absurd with the declan sullivan tragedy.

Shoplifting does not equate to dead students.

Oh, OK, so SU isn't a hypocritical school? And you're the one who compared ND's transgressions to those of PedSt's. It's absurd and you know it. YOu're better than that.

The family of Declan Sullivan continue to support ND and to send their children there. By your definition they are horrible people.

The family of Declan Sullivan continue to support ND and to send their children there. By your definition they are horrible people.

Yes they do, because they aren't "wired" that way and have been ND supporters for decades. They could have sued, and won, millions of dollars. That isn't their makeup. But the family said it could have been prevented, bad decisions were made, procedures weren't followed and that their son should never had been up there that day.

Actually Germans pronounce "th" as " zee" . As heard from my grandmother, great aunts etc , the Irish pronounce "th" as "t", not germans. THat's why one hears germans say "zee" instead of "the".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom