Was this team better off without Thompson and Thorpe? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Was this team better off without Thompson and Thorpe?

You honestly never know what they would have brought to the table.

• Geno was playing on an ankle that hadn't healed fully and longer than usual because of his medical condition. His frustration took over and he left the team a month into the regular season. Who knows what he would have brought to the table fully healthy. You don't average 15 PPG in high major basketball by accident.
  • Taurean Thompson would have provided much needed offense down low and would have taken the load off of Battle's shoulders. Of course, his calling card was his lack of defense and was a prominent figure on one of the worst defenses Cuse ever put on the floor. Would he have gotten better defensively in year two?
Hard to say if they would have been a tournament team. Yeah, you're looking at games where SU lost by a basket, but you forget the flaws of Thompson especially could have cost them more games.

Two transfers who become eligible next year whose success or lack of it will be interesting:

Jordan Fredericks and Taurean Thompson.

Yeah that crazed look in the celebration after Tyus shot at Clemson was something else. But his defense just flat out disgusted me. I know the zone can be difficult, but I just saw too many times when it didn't look like he was even trying on that end.
Give him a cape and he could have been the tallest matador ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom