Washington Huskies | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Washington Huskies

I don’t have any particular animosity to IS but his story shows how immature recruits are. Your typical 17 year old is immature, one that is being fawned all over by famous adults and fans are even worse. His story of being slighted by JB is so clearly ridiculous that it proves the point that recruiting is not a logical thing and maybe we shouldn’t be so overly critical when a kid makes a crazy decision and not blame the coaches like they can control the actions of these like they’re robots or even rational beings.
Look at this story, was the kid trolling JB and Syracuse all that time, for years? Going to his house? Breaking bread with his family, celebrating his father’s birthday with them, etc? Really, if that is true he’s a psychopath. If it isn’t true then he is so stupid and immature to make up such a story and allow it to be broadcast nationally. That’s maybe even worse. No, the answer is: if an adult did any of these things you’d say they were a complete jackass as a generous assessment. This is teenager logic at work. Teenagers do not have fully developed brains. It’s a fact. Just remember it the next time you think the coaches aren’t doing the right things because a teenager is given 2+2 and arrives at 7.

No mean tone intended here don’t think he woulda had much better ones here playing for CUSE unfortunately... I give the kid credit for leaving home and going all the way across the country to play for the coach he wanted to play for...Love Hop and will never disagree with a kid that chooses to play for him. I think he will have a good NBA career and this draft is super weak which is better for him. Best of luck
I don't agree what did this team lack all year long? A big post presence that could rebound. Pair him with elijiah and some shooters and things could have drastically been different.

I don't agree what did this team lack all year long? A big post presence that could rebound. Pair him with elijiah and some shooters and things could have drastically been different.
On paper, agree 100%.

But we'll never know.

I don’t have any particular animosity to IS but his story shows how immature recruits are. Your typical 17 year old is immature, one that is being fawned all over by famous adults and fans are even worse. His story of being slighted by JB is so clearly ridiculous that it proves the point that recruiting is not a logical thing and maybe we shouldn’t be so overly critical when a kid makes a crazy decision and not blame the coaches like they can control the actions of these like they’re robots or even rational beings.
Look at this story, was the kid trolling JB and Syracuse all that time, for years? Going to his house? Breaking bread with his family, celebrating his father’s birthday with them, etc? Really, if that is true he’s a psychopath. If it isn’t true then he is so stupid and immature to make up such a story and allow it to be broadcast nationally. That’s maybe even worse. No, the answer is: if an adult did any of these things you’d say they were a complete jackass as a generous assessment. This is teenager logic at work. Teenagers do not have fully developed brains. It’s a fact. Just remember it the next time you think the coaches aren’t doing the right things because a teenager is given 2+2 and arrives at 7.

Meh save that for McDaniels Stewart actually played well. He was a top 5 player stuck on a crappy team.

He’s likely to luck out and fall to a good team late in the first and have a great NBA career. He’s not a what if upside prospect you can plug him in right away on anyone’s second unit.

If he were a year older and was surrounded by vets at UW they might cut down the nets. But the talented team peaked early vs Baylor and everyone around him let them down Quade couldn’t get Cs with the help of the tutors after sitting a year really and Carter and McDaniels just jacked bad shots. And of course the bench couldn’t step up and contribute.

This is all why I love Dior Johnson. Every quote in the media, every tweet, even his response to tweets (some from people who are supposedly adults), impresses me how mature he seems for a 16-year old. Kid doesn't care about slights, fawning, bags, or blue-bloods. He just loves SU for personal reasons, wants to have a great time and win at his favorite school, then go to the NBA and make millions (as JB has helped many others do).

I've been an SU fan long enough to know anything can go wrong between now and 2022. But I could realistically see a scenario where Dior and Stewart are hanging at the NBA All-Star game and Isaiah tells him "Dior, man, I musta been trippin' not to stay".

He makes us a ton better this year - I think 4 or 5 more wins. I don't think he is a lottery pick but easy 1st round. I believe he missed out on better exposure and basketball environments but he and the program both lost short term but will be fine long term.

1585831069295.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom