Watch this game from 2008 Kansas-Syracuse CBE Classic | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Watch this game from 2008 Kansas-Syracuse CBE Classic

So we played zone AND man last night and both we couldn't play?

So these kids who have played basketball their entire lives can't play either of the most common defenses that exist? And we can't run a coherent offense? Or get into transition?

Our players must suck. Or...Our coaching is atrocious.
And yet with these horrible coaches, we have been to two final fours in the last 4 years. We must be really lucky.

We played 4 different defenses last night. Zone, then as mentioned some weird thing with nobody down low (almost definitely some player was in the wrong place), then man to man, then press. Each defense was worse than the last.

People try so hard to blame the coaches that they have to make stuff up like Boeheim won't try anything new. He tried everything last night. This is on the players. The players sucked yesterday and have sucked all season.

When you aren't playing any defense, it's hard to tell what defense you were supposed to be in.

I still don't understand why people think that if a team is playing poorly in a zone, which requires players to guard a designated area, that they would play better in a man to man, which requires following players all over the court.

Sometimes it's on the players. Do people think the coaches told them to play like that?

When you aren't playing any defense, it's hard to tell what defense you were supposed to be in.

I still don't understand why people think that if a team is playing poorly in a zone, which requires players to guard a designated area, that they would play better in a man to man, which requires following players all over the court.

Sometimes it's on the players. Do people think the coaches told them to play like that?

I think sometimes it's about the opponent too. Two years in a row, St John's looked well equipped and well prepared to play against our zone. They aren't very good against most anyone else. Different looks against different opponents depending on their strengths and weaknesses can be effective. But for us, that's not even an option.

Criticism is fine, but you totally missed my point which was even when we have won you have ZERO positive to say. It has nothing to do with number of posts or who the poster is. It's just your schtick I guess.
I didn't realize there was an arbitrary quota on the ratio of positive to critical content. Why should it matter? Maybe I choose to share my positive thoughts with the people I actually live and work with. Or maybe I keep those thoughts and feelings private. I don't find kumbaya posts as meaningful for debate. Townie72 is about as ridiculous as it gets with his agenda but because he's in some protected class he's viewed as the cute crazy uncle. Regardless it shouldn't matter. The name on the jersey or account shouldn't matter.

Lastly why are we trying to discourage posters at a time when the forum has become a ghost town? Is that what we're clinging to?

I didn't realize there was an arbitrary quota on the ratio of positive to critical content. Why should it matter? Maybe I choose to share my positive thoughts with the people I actually live and work with. Or maybe I keep those thoughts and feelings private. I don't find kumbaya posts as meaningful for debate. Townie72 is about as ridiculous as it gets with his agenda but because he's in some protected class he's viewed as the cute crazy uncle. Regardless it shouldn't matter. The name on the jersey or account shouldn't matter.

Lastly why are we trying to discourage posters at a time when the forum has become a ghost town? Is that what we're clinging to?

I'm not discouraging any of your posts and Townie72 has his own detractors. I just made an observation that you literally have nothing positive to say even when things are good. You are the exact opposite of Townie72 btw, who he himself faces criticism. He just deals with that criticism differently than you. Keep making your same posts, but I'm not going to be afraid to call you out if it's deserved just like Townie gets called out.

I couldn't care less about the defense now. We have no semblance of an offense. At this point, I'd rather see us put up 80 points and lose 100-80 than see us struggle to score 55 points every game against good teams and still lose by 20.

I haven't got to laugh much on here lately, but that got me. So you just share the drivel with us? Too funny.

And yet with these horrible coaches, we have been to two final fours in the last 4 years. We must be really lucky.

Sigh... How many wins do I have, these guys have forgotten more bball than I ever know, etc. Oh and go Hillary and trump sucks.

Good talk

I couldn't care less about the defense now. We have no semblance of an offense. At this point, I'd rather see us put up 80 points and lose 100-80 than see us struggle to score 55 points every game against good teams and still lose by 20.

Sounds like our football program

Sigh... How many wins do I have, these guys have forgotten more bball than I ever know, etc. Oh and go Hillary and trump sucks.

Good talk
As far as I know, you have no wins. Not much of anything else either.

It worked for Andy Rautins and Wes Johnson. They weren't create your own shot guys. Part of the issue this year is I think this may be the worst passing team we have ever had. Thompson and Lydon might be the two best passers we have. Everything comes down to the backcourt IMO. They've been terrible. Last year it was a strength.
Monte Morris and Jalen Brunson, who the staff decided to pass on because they weren't "zone fits", would've been real useful right now to run this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom