Watching a Program Be Re-Established | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Watching a Program Be Re-Established

Now, put 40K or more in the Dome every game - that's what.

The Camping World Bowl was a great sight to see. Let's not pretend that every home game was similar -- they weren't. Babers comes out before they run out of the tunnel every game, looking up at the crowd. He mentioned numerous times that he was disappointed in the crowd turnout, and how important it is to pack the dome for a variety of reasons. Not sure what you're disagreeing with, other than to just be argumentative.

Well, early on last year we were still the team coming off 3-9, 4-8, 4-8 seasons, so you can expect that the fans aren't gonna come out in droves for the early home games.

Plus, those leaves aren't going to rake themselves. :p

Now, belief without evidence is no longer required - we HAVE evidence. :cool:

The Camping World Bowl was a great sight to see. Let's not pretend that every home game was "a sea of orange" -- many of them were a sea of aluminum colored empty seats. Babers comes out before they run out of the tunnel every game, looking up at the crowd. He mentioned numerous times that he was disappointed in the crowd turnout, and how important it is to pack the dome for a variety of reasons.

The bowl game attendance suggests that more of the fanbase -- outside of the several thousand die hards who showed up even when the team stunk -- are starting to feel the buzz. Awesome. Next step: fill the stadium to give the team the support it deserves, to drive up revenue, and to impress recruits.

Not sure what you're disagreeing with.

Only Caveat id add to the camping world bowl is there were probably quite a few southern orange fans that helped to make it full. I know me and my 3 family members that went to the bowl live down here and can’t make home games. That being said I think 42-44k shouldn’t be unreasonable for ACC home games

The Camping World Bowl was a great sight to see. Let's not pretend that every home game was "a sea of orange" -- many of them were a sea of aluminum colored empty seats. Babers comes out before they run out of the tunnel every game, looking up at the crowd. He mentioned numerous times that he was disappointed in the crowd turnout, and how important it is to pack the dome for a variety of reasons.

The bowl game attendance suggests that more of the fanbase -- outside of the several thousand die hards who showed up even when the team stunk -- are starting to feel the buzz. Awesome. Next step: fill the stadium to give the team the support it deserves, to drive up revenue, and to impress recruits.

Not sure what you're disagreeing with.
Dude we are. I guess I'm disagreeing with your lack of insight that you can't differentiate a season after a 4-8 season and a 10-3 season in how it affects attendance and how in season wins and losses affect program perception and crowd size. As last season progressed we weren't a 10-3 team. That only happens after the season ends and there are no more games to go to. Ever since we have had a true 'winner' we put 40K then 42K against NCSt and Louisville. Obviously not early in the year because we were basically a 4-8 team playing cup cakes. Then everyone thought we'd lose vs Fl State so no 40K there. Then coming off 2 losses in a row we're still considered struggling coming into NC so obviously no 40+ for that game. Then we have 40 and 42 as a 5-2 then 7-2 team. Now with Lots more season tickets what makes you worried we won't average over 40K per game? I think early games with good weather we might have a few high 30's but the meat of our schedule if we win we'll be well into the 40's for most home games. This is basic deductive reasoning, just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't happen because we have alot of new data points showing it will happen. We will easily put more than 40K for the vast majority of home games.

Last edited:
Dude we are. Ever since we have had a true 'winner' we put 40K then 42K against NCSt and Louisville. Obviously not early in the year because we were basically a 4-8 team playing cup cakes. Then everyone thought we'd lose vs Fl State so no 40K there. Then coming off 2 losses in a row we're still considered struggling coming into NC so obviously no 40+ winning. But now with a 10-3 season, already had 40 and 42 as a 5-2 then 7-2. Lots more season tickets what makes you worried we won't average over 40K per game? I think early games with good weather we might have a few high 30's but the meat of our schedule if we win we'll be well into the 40's for most home games. This is basic deductive reasoning, just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't happen because we have alot of data points showing it will happen.

Dude, we averaged 37K last year.

My OP, which you have consistently overreacted to several times, was that it is time to push that over 40K. Not sure what you are arguing about, given that we didn't eclipse that figure that last year, with numerous home games well below that water line.

Rationalize each game's attendance all you want, but we need improved attendance. I'm confident we will get that this year. I'm not remotely worried about it. You're arguing that it happened twice, therefore we've arrived. No, we'll arrive when the season attendance actually exceeds 40K or more per home game. Now, time to get it done!

PS--clown edit of your post on your part. "Lack of insight" -- roflmao, no wonder nobody takes your posts seriously.

Last edited:
The only thing that would concern me about maximizing attendance would be that 2 of the first 3 home games are Western Michigan and Holy Cross. You could see slightly depressed attendance for that 1/3rd of the schedule. I think the rest of the schedule (Clemson, Pittsburgh, Boston College & Wake Forest) will be very well attended. My guess is that we get around 48-49k for Clemson, 43-44k for Pittsburgh, 45-46k for Boston College (I expect us to be 6-2ish going into Boston College) and 44-45k for Wake Forest. That should help us offset crowds that I expect to be announced around 36k or so for Western Michigan & Holy Cross. All together, that would be an average of around 42-43k per game. I might be a bit rose colored glasses with that, of course all of these numbers are pure speculation and just based on my BS opinion, but I really think the community is gonna respond to this team.

Dude, we averaged 37K last year.

My OP, which you have consistently overreacted to several times, was that it is time to push that over 40K. Not sure what you are arguing about, given that we didn't eclipse that figure that last year, with numerous home games well below that water line.

Rationalize each game's attendance all you want, but we need improved attendance. I'm confident we will get that this year. I'm not remotely worried about it. You're arguing that it happened twice, therefore we've arrived. No, we'll arrive when the season attendance actually exceeds 40K or more per home game. Now, time to get it done!
Yes Sir! You must be bald because you worry way too much. We averaged 37K after a 4-8 season but you're getting all hyped up worrying we won't average 40k after a 10-3 season and our last 2 home games we got 40K and 42K with 5-2 and 7-2 records and we have more than 3K more season tickets. Its really basic math. You call it rationalizing and I call it critical thought. Use reasoning and you will now be able to sleep better knowing we will average more than 40K next year.

Yes Sir! You must be bald because you worry way too much. We averaged 37K after a 4-8 season but you're getting all hyped up worrying we won't average 40k after a 10-3 season and our last 2 home games we got 40K and 42K with 5-2 and 7-2 records and we have more than 3K more season tickets. Its really basic math. You call it rationalizing and I call it critical thought. Use reasoning and you will now be able to sleep better knowing we will average more than 40K next year.

If it is basic math, why are you having such a difficult time with it? 37K < 40K. Durrrr...

I call it a dopey attempt to troll for an argument -- par for the course with Sudano.

Hyped up? Worried? Boy, your reading comprehension sucks. Still waiting to see what part of my OP you disagreed with -- feel free to be specific.

If it is basic math, why are you having such a difficult time with it? 37K < 40K. Durrrr...

I call it a dopey attempt to troll for an argument -- par for the course with Sudano.

Who the F is worried, btw? Still waiting to see what part of my OP you disagreed with -- feel free to be specific.
If you want to take your name calling off line let's do it.

Anyone else been watching the on field progress, off field culture progression, weight room gains and recruitment revitalization occurring and just get the feeling that “this is how its done”. Something great, and long lasting, is being built in Syracuse NY.

Dino and staff quietly continue chugging along upward, and I have a feeing that we’re in for a very very special next few years.

I was 27 for the 2005 season. There were many times where I didn't know if there was enough time for me to witness a year like we had in 2018. I think we're just getting started and it really is almost dream like.

All of you guys clamoring for 40+ are missing the bigger picture. As of right now I can go pee AND grab a beer in one timeout. Don't ruin this for me! ;)
The pregame concourses for the duke basketball game were brutal. Hopefully that’s our future for football

I'm worried about the Clemson game. We could be really good and still get killed by them. That would certainly hurt attendance for the easier home games.

I'm worried about the Clemson game. We could be really good and still get killed by them. That would certainly hurt attendance for the easier home games.

Definitely could happen. BUT they lost an unbelievable amount of defensive talent, so we'll see.

That's why they play the games.

The pregame concourses for the duke basketball game were brutal. Hopefully that’s our future for football

It certainly is our past.

That used to be SU football.

I am coming in to Syracuse from Chicagoland for two games this year, instead of one, with at least 6 other CUSE fans hoping to assist in reaching the best home average in years. Think the team will average 44K in 2019 and that may possibly be the new Dome seating number when renovations are done in 2020.

I’m not sure if they are going to do seating changes yet. It does sound like they want to improve seating eventually and that will come after this round is completed in 2022.

I honestly hope they don’t lower it by 5k. If they did it I’d be fine with 47k seating. If we can string decent/solid seasons we can probably hit 45-47k which if the seating drops to 44k limits the amount of fans that can get in.

And in other attendance news, my sons fraternity won some contest for the most students of a campus organization in attendance and they now get a free meal and will be having dinner with Dino tomorrow night.

And in other attendance news, my sons fraternity won some contest for the most students of a campus organization in attendance and they now get a free meal and will be having dinner with Dino tomorrow night.
If its SAE im throwing on my letters and posing as an active

If its SAE im throwing on my letters and posing as an active

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png