Watching the first game... | Syracusefan.com

Watching the first game...

njcuse

Scout Team
First, I was so happy to actually watch this first game: TWC on 197. Holding my breath until they actually went to the game. I remember not so long ago when I wasn't going to see an SU game until they were in a major pre-season tournament or opening the Big East. Now I'm watching four games from Canada in August. Love it.

What I took from this game against a less than impressive opponent:

CJ, Grant, and Ennis just stood out as the class of the floor:

CJ looked every bit the star he is supposed to be this season; He played efficiently, smoothly, and dominated the game without seeming to try that hard.

Grant picked up from last season with a strong power game, plus a nice jump shot. Like CJ, he goes where he needs to go, gets where he needs to get, but perhaps with less grace and more power than CJ. The combo of these two should create nightmares for some coaches.

Ennis: I most wanted to get my first look at Ennis. I was not disappointed. Played with poise, control, efficiency; great drive to the hoop in first half. Just looked like a pg who can make everybody better with his game.

Other guys: Cooney continues to frustrate. SU really needs him to be all that he can be to round out the potential of this team.

Too early to really comment on the new guys other than Ennis.

A second game tonight; life is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom