Watching the Louis Ville game replay | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Watching the Louis Ville game replay

- agree 100%, I wish he'd slide more; I also wish we'd run our backs more too
- they blitzed on almost every down in the first half, it's damn near impossible for any OL to block a DL plus 2-3 LBs/CBs/safetys on every play, someone's going to have a shot at the QB
- haven't seen Colgate play but I doubt they're significantly better than Charlotte
- 56-0 at halftime isn't spectacular? Our entire first string and most of the backups sat the second half
You have any evidence for your assertion that Colgate is not "significantly better than Charlotte"?

5895139991230226_b91cceaeda14488d38292af4866ccf007234c452e83631560f93768237d7bfcd_large

According to Sagarin, Colgate is #166 and Charlotte is #195. This is after the first week.

NCAAF Sagarin - NCAAF Football - USA TODAY

Yeah, because Sagarin is always a good source in the early part of the season. Louisville schedule is ranked 182, Syracuse schedule is ranked 162. We know both of these are preposterous (Syracuse had a top 10 SOS preseason, I forgot what Louisville's was but it was respectable) as we both play FSU and Clemson and Syracuse plays a ranked team in Kentucky, too, as well as ND. However, Sagarin only looks at what has been done to date in the present season, thus Sagarin means nothing at this point in time (Week 1).

Yeah, because Sagarin is always a good source in the early part of the season. Louisville schedule is ranked 182, Syracuse schedule is ranked 162. We know both of these are preposterous (Syracuse had a top 10 SOS preseason, I forgot what Louisville's was but it was respectable) as we both play FSU and Clemson and Syracuse plays a ranked team in Kentucky, too, as well as ND. However, Sagarin only looks at what has been done to date in the present season, thus Sagarin means nothing at this point in time (Week 1).
We play FSU, Clemson, and Houston. All three will likely be in the top 10. We also play at Marshall who won 10+ games the last two seasons. I believe our SOS will finish in the top 30 when it's all said and done. The only real difference in the strength of our schedules is that we play you guys while you play us.

The other poster had asked for proof that supported my assertion when I stated Colgate isn't significantly better than Charlotte, I believe I've provided it.

...They seem to expect Syracuse to score and that they will score more (which may very well be the case), though some think it will be courtesy points against the scrubs in the fourth...
I wholeheartedly agree. I can easily see our scrubs give up some easy scores in the 4th Q! They better just hope BP doesn't end up down around Erie Blvd late Thursday evening. He might lose his horizon's but find some paradise!!

Love the clip. I especially enjoy that Petrino has the neck brace and road rash before he crashes.
This crash came after THEE crash..he just doesn't learn.

We play FSU, Clemson, and Houston. All three will likely be in the top 10. We also play at Marshall who won 10+ games the last two seasons. I believe our SOS will finish in the top 30 when it's all said and done. The only real difference in the strength of our schedules is that we play you guys while you play us.

The other poster had asked for proof that supported my assertion when I stated Colgate isn't significantly better than Charlotte, I believe I've provided it.
Why is anyone is actually discussing who was a tougher opponent Charlotte or Colgate?! I mean:
image.png

Jackson ran for 129 yards, passed for 296, threw 6 TD passes to 6 different receivers and ran in two scores himself n the Charlotte game. He accounted to 8 TD's and did not play one play in the second half. He was the Walter Camp Natioanl Player of the Week in a rip roaring tip off weekend.

Even Louisville fans are stunned at how good this kid is. He ran for 226 yards against Texas A & M in the Music City Bowl as a freshman who had a grasp of about 40% of the playbook. This was the game after running for 185 yards against UK the game before that. In his last 3 Division 1 games, Lamar has gained 540 yards rushing, 650 yards passing, scored 6 times himself and thrown for something like 15 TD's.
I sent this post to the Syracuse Staff to show to the players. I am certain they will forfeit.

UNC Charlotte has only had a football program for 3 years their record has been 5-6, 5-6 and 2-10.
Colgate on the other hand played in the FCS playoffs last year and their season was 9-5.

Yes they are significantly better than Charlotte.

My point was that Sagarin's ratings don't mean much until after 4-6 weeks of data.

I completely agree that your SOS will be respectable, I forgot you have to play Houston, but we have you and ND, too, so both SOS's are nothing to shake a stick at. Sagarin has both of our SOS below 150, not even remotely close to what is reality. That was my proof that Sagarin's early results are not useful. I believe in the past, Sagarin tried to not let the results out until after week four or something, or maybe had a strong disclaimer to avoid too much emphasis on early results.

For the record, Sagarin is good in the second half of the season and at the end. The difference being the data is not skewed for the week 1 and/or 2 cream puffs most P5 schools play.

I just watched Jackson's 8 TD's. 4 of his TD throws were throws I could have made. 3 to wide open RB's coming out of the backfield, and another on a roll out to a wide open TE in the end zone. Granted his other two throws were very nice, and his first running TD was very nice.

I haven't had the opportunity to watch the 1st half yet, hopefully this week I can find some time.

I just watched Jackson's 8 TD's. 4 of his TD throws were throws I could have made. 3 to wide open RB's coming out of the backfield, and another on a roll out to a wide open TE in the end zone. Granted his other two throws were very nice, and his first running TD was very nice.

I haven't had the opportunity to watch the 1st half yet, hopefully this week I can find some time.
The first half was the only football Lamar played. He left at 56-0. Kyle Bolin - who you should remember - played most of the second half at QB. He threw a couple TD passes but we were vanilla by then.

UNC Charlotte has only had a football program for 3 years their record has been 5-6, 5-6 and 2-10.
Colgate on the other hand played in the FCS playoffs last year and their season was 9-5.

Yes they are significantly better than Charlotte.
We're splitting hairs here. At the end of the day we're arguing over which bad team is worse.

The bottom line is Louisville could've sent the practice squad out after the first quarter and still won, Syracuse was only up 13 points at halftime.

All will be settled come Friday.

We're splitting hairs here. At the end of the day we're arguing over which bad team is worse.

The bottom line is Louisville could've sent the practice squad out after the first quarter and still won, Syracuse was only up 13 points at halftime.

All will be settled come Friday.

No. That's your argument.

What I said was that Colgate is a good team that did well last year and will do well again this season.

And that UNC Charlotte is in it's infancy and is not good. So all y'all did was beat up on a toddler.

cardinalfan123 said:
We're splitting hairs here. At the end of the day we're arguing over which bad team is worse. The bottom line is Louisville could've sent the practice squad out after the first quarter and still won, Syracuse was only up 13 points at halftime. All will be settled come Friday.

We didn't run up the score. It was, outside of the first two drives, very vanilla. Correct.

Jackson is talented no doubt. He looks like a WR playing QB. He has a strong arm but Im not ready to say he is accurate. I want to see what he can do when he's forced to stay in the pocket and throw dime after dime. The pocket collapsed quiet often vs Charlotte. He took off running. Thats where a lot of his rush yards came from. He had some good throws here and there but almost all his TD passes were dump passes to the RB's. Charlotte left the flats open the whole game. RB's were walking into the end zone untouched. Colgate is a much better defense. They are discipline, they take good angles and tackle well. The opposite of what I saw with Charlotte.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom