Way OT | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Way OT

Better off ordering with extra pickles. Polynesian is definitely the sauce of choice. I live in a town with multiple of them and there is a line at each one at all day, every day. Except Sunday of course...

Stopped at a chik fil eh in NC yesterday. Line up for the drive through was out on to the road. Couldn’t get in the parking lot

That's what I'm talking about! Popeyes is 500x better than Chik fil A and 750x better than Canes.

i like Popeyes too but only because of the Cajun flavor. The chicken itself is way better at Chick fil A.

All seriousness, for those who see long lines at Chik fil A, they actually do a great job of moving it along. At least at local ones here, they have two lanes and people actually walk the line taking orders so that when you get to the window it is just pay and grab the bag. There's one right across from where I work, at lunch time there are probably 30 cars in line at all times, but the wait is no where near as bad as you would think.

Overrated.
Agree 1000 times. No idea the fascination with this place (my daughter loves it but then again she would eat nuggets from anywhere). Its fast food people you can find a much better chicken sandwich elsewhere (I prefer Zaxbys over Chick Fil A for fast food chicken) although i do like the chicken mini breakfast biscuits.

KFC baby! Original recipe is so good and I love their slaw.

I've lived in the deep South for 25 years and will go there only if there are no other options. Over-priced and closed on Sundays. Prefer Bojangles.

And this type of misinformation is why it is as devisive as politics...because it is politics.
It's not politics. It's a personal choice I am making. And, I am not misinformed.

Chick fil A coming to Liverpool

Opened one in Rochester (town of Greece) and had traffic jams for weeks so bad had to reroute the traffic. A 2nd is being planned and that town is forcing the store to change locations to accommodate traffic flow. The first store still has unheard of lines (at least at lunch time, 11:00 - 1:30) over a year later. Lines are so bad I never even think of going there when I'm in the area.

The food is decent, not bad not spectacular. What sets them apart is their service. Rapid filling of your order, no nasty attitude and no screwing it up. I like their milk shakes. They handle volumes that would shut some of these other fast food joints down.

The food is decent, not bad not spectacular. What sets them apart is their service. Rapid filling of your order, no nasty attitude and no screwing it up. I like their milk shakes. They handle volumes that would shut some of these other fast food joints down.
Look. The nugs are spectacular. They are. We can be grown ups about this.

oig - the golden fried chicken sandwich at habit burger grill is the secret star of their menu. best fast food chicken sandwich i've ever had.
tip: get it on the grilled sourdough. the regular bun falls apart before you are halfway finished
Ok, so I got it, and got the sourdough. Good call on the bun, I was about 80% done before it fell apart on me.

Anyway, really good sandwich, but it didn't change my life. The fry to it was really nice and it was a quality piece of chicken. Not sure I'd get it again though because I do quite like their burgers. I got the pepper sauce on the side in case it was mayo infused (seemed to be?) and I should have asked to add some BBQ sauce or something else to give it a little more flavor, but the chicken, sourdough, and lettuce and tomato mix had a nice flavor all of its own. Plus I love their fries and the blueberry mint lemonade or whatever it is, so as lunches go, this was a big plus.

Overall, I respect the recommendation and enjoyed the sandwich, but am still on the hunt for what I consider to be the definitive fast food chicken sandwich*.

*Late 90s Arby's had much better chicken. I don't know when exactly they changed their supplier, but it was a while ago and their new chicken just isn't the same. I remember the late 90s Arby's cordon bleu sandwich fondly.

Ok, so I got it, and got the sourdough. Good call on the bun, I was about 80% done before it fell apart on me.

Anyway, really good sandwich, but it didn't change my life. The fry to it was really nice and it was a quality piece of chicken. Not sure I'd get it again though because I do quite like their burgers. I got the pepper sauce on the side in case it was mayo infused (seemed to be?) and I should have asked to add some BBQ sauce or something else to give it a little more flavor, but the chicken, sourdough, and lettuce and tomato mix had a nice flavor all of its own. Plus I love their fries and the blueberry mint lemonade or whatever it is, so as lunches go, this was a big plus.

Overall, I respect the recommendation and enjoyed the sandwich, but am still on the hunt for what I consider to be the definitive fast food chicken sandwich*.

*Late 90s Arby's had much better chicken. I don't know when exactly they changed their supplier, but it was a while ago and their new chicken just isn't the same. I remember the late 90s Arby's cordon bleu sandwich fondly.
a8dd2c08619c4ec47fe24b91afef0c35.png.cf.png

as recently as 4-5 years ago the Arby’s CBS was the best fast food item in these United States. Then they completely destroyed it. I’m still mad about it. Haven’t been to Arby’s in years as a result.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom