Way Too Early Bowl Projections | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Way Too Early Bowl Projections

They got the Orange Bowl date wrong, it’s the 30th at 8pm

Even better for my chances of attending. 28th would be tight. 30th is perfect.

Still going to keep 1/13 clear on my calendar.

I'd love that rematch. I think in that game Florida handled us pretty easily! I think it was like 31-17 or something like that but this team with Dino babers style of play, the offense I really think we can give them fits and finally once again we're starting to get the talent we should be getting!!

31-10. Was 31-3 at one point.. Crappy end to a wierd season.

"moot" - doesn't matter, inconsequential.

"mute" - to silence, to muffle sound

I’ll jump on this bus.

“Thru” - the way McDonald’s spells “through” (be better than McDonald’s)

“Alot” - a failed attempt to spell “a lot”

“Then” - denotes/indicates time (Jack finished the race, then Jill finished the race)

“Than” - used when things are being compared (Jack is a better runner than Jill)

Make mistakes at your peril. Everyone has been warned.

I’ll jump on this bus.

“Then” - denotes/indicates time (Jack finished the race, then Jill finished the race)

“Than” - used when things are being compared (Jack is a better runner than Jill)

What a looser. :p

On our board the classic is "HUGH!" for "huge". As in, "Our win today will be HUGH! toward getting good recruits." Now everyone uses it as a laugh inducer.

Yea lol i just remember we got our ars kicked

That we did. It was a miserable game. I remember my dad and I getting in an argument over something stupid because we were in such lousy moods watching it. I think he still has his Orange Bowl sweatshirt though, we used to get swag for all the bowl games back in the day.

I’ll jump on this bus.

K gotcha:)

I’ll jump on this bus.

Another one that’s been bugging me of late is “apart” vs. “a part”.
It’s been coming up a lot in the form of “player X will always be apart of team Y”. Ugh!

Another one that’s been bugging me of late is “apart” vs. “a part”.
It’s been coming up a lot in the form of “player X will always be apart of team Y”. Ugh!
Other gaffes that are a bit irritating: "your" vs you're"; "their", "there", "they're".

Other gaffes that are a bit irritating: "your" vs you're"; "their", "there", "they're".
Happens all the time and sometimes it is frustrating when you see the same words being butchered by the same individuals like my brother.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.
How the ACC bowl lineup will change in 2020
Article looks ahead at the future bowl line up of the next 6 yr contract-- beginning w/ "bowl season" following 2020. Some changes on the way with ACC tie ins. According to this, Nashville, Detroit, Shreveport out. Boston, San Diego in and Jacksonville also for every year. Opponent changes for some as well. Not sure all of these are confirmed, but sounds like official announcements coming soon.

Article looks ahead at the future bowl line up of the next 6 yr contract-- beginning w/ "bowl season" following 2020. Some changes on the way with ACC tie ins. According to this, Nashville, Detroit, Shreveport out. Boston, San Diego in and Jacksonville also for every year. Opponent changes for some as well. Not sure all of these are confirmed, but sounds like official announcements coming soon.
Losing Nashville and doubling up on Jax is probably a loss. But it might be good for recruiting, so there is silver lining.

Trading Detroit and Shreveport for anything is a win. Contrary to what many will inevitably say on here, playing a poor man’s Pinstripe Bowl vs an up AAC team beats the heck out of playing in Detroit vs a down B1G/MAC team is a win. And, playing in San Diego beats Shreveport. It will be a nice bone for ACC west coast alums, the weather is idealistic for hardcore fans, the southern fans still have plenty of games near them, and the rest will equally not go to the game.

I’ll call these trades a mild win. Renegotiating the OB will be the real win.

Losing Nashville and doubling up on Jax is probably a loss. But it might be good for recruiting, so there is silver lining.

Trading Detroit and Shreveport for anything is a win. Contrary to what many will inevitably say on here, playing a poor man’s Pinstripe Bowl vs an up AAC team beats the heck out of playing in Detroit vs a down B1G/MAC team is a win. And, playing in San Diego beats Shreveport. It will be a nice bone for ACC west coast alums, the weather is idealistic for hardcore fans, the southern fans still have plenty of games near them, and the rest will equally not go to the game.

I’ll call these trades a mild win. Renegotiating the OB will be the real win.
All good points, but there is no need to be in fenway.

Nobody worth their salt ever said...let’s go to Boston for the holidays!!

SD is fine.

I think Nashville would draw more than Jax.

Nashville is cool, Jax would be a reminder we aren’t in Miami or Atlanta.

I think this came up earlier, and the takeaway was that the destinations are more fan-friendly, but the payouts for the replacement bowls are less. I hope we are at a place now where the monetary difference doesn't really matter.

All good points, but there is no need to be in fenway.

Nobody worth their salt ever said...let’s go to Boston for the holidays!!

SD is fine.

I think Nashville would draw more than Jax.

Nashville is cool, Jax would be a reminder we aren’t in Miami or Atlanta.
JAX would draw more than Nashville. Gator Bowl is better than Music City Bowl. More transplants within 4 hours of JAX than BNA

Fenway is going to blow weatherwise about 75% of the time. Anytime Cuse is at 6 wins...we are going to own that game. I rather the ACC and AAC hook up in Myrtle Beach Bowl.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom