Wayne Morgan???? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Morgan????

For sure. In talent evaulation, he pushed for and brought in Sherman Douglas and Lawrence Moten, who were both unheralded but turned into big stars. Both from DC, Sherman wasn't even offered by Gtown and Moten was a high FB recruit, but was a late add for hoops recruiting. Two pretty good finds.

Plus was the recruiter on a lot of the high-end talent in the late 80's - 90's era.
exactly. Wayne Morgan was Hop before Hop, at least in terms of recruiting.

Every time I see him on the sideline it looks like he’s passing a kidney stone. Probably thinking what is this crap I’m watching

Rick Pitino might disagree with you on this.

Also, Brendan Malone. Wasn't he involved with Michael Brown, Pearl, Harried, Bruin, and other great early-'80s recruits? Maybe Rick Callahan was the lead on some of those kids.

Wayne Morgan was a fixture, no doubt, and I think the post-1996 lull coincided too neatly with his departure to be a coincidence. But there were other great recruiters before him.

He was a good HC too for Iowa State. Much better than McDermott (they call him McDoormat) who followed him. Wonder why he lost that job. And hasn’t got one since. I know Eustacy was popular when forced out since he won big a couple years.

He was a good HC too for Iowa State. Much better than McDermott (they call him McDoormat) who followed him. Wonder why he lost that job. And hasn’t got one since. I know Eustacy was popular when forced out since he won big a couple years.

Wasn’t he at Hofstra for a while with Allen Griffin in the 2000’s? I know he went into finance for a while in NYC sometime after his coaching career ended.

Wasn’t he at Hofstra for a while with Allen Griffin in the 2000’s? I know he went into finance for a while in NYC sometime after his coaching career ended.

Yes he was at Hofstra as an assistant from 2009-2013. I was not aware of that until you mentioned it and I looked at his wikipedia

Yes he was at Hofstra as an assistant from 2009-2013. I was not aware of that until you mentioned it and I looked at his wikipedia

Thank you. I remember hearing it but was too lazy to look it up - thought it was earlier than that but knew Griff was there too with him for a while.

Another trivia about Wayne. While at Syracuse he coached every single group of players at different times throughout his 12 years here. He was Rony Seikaly’s first coach when he started with the centers, he also coached the forwards and then the guards which he said that experience was a tremendous boost for his HC career at Long Beach St and iowa St, provided by JB who he considers his mentor.

Let's not get rash. Roy makes it to march. G-mac named coach 4/1/2020

If Roy can stay awake that long...

1579491220249.png

If Roy can stay awake that long...

View attachment 175549

He’s got last place in the ACC to himself with BC blowing out Wake.

Honestly anyone else and I’d say there is regression to the mean with the talent left and them finding 7-8 ACC wins. But I doubt that happens since the lesser schools are going to be so motivated and eager to stick it to them for once.

He’s got last place in the ACC to himself with BC blowing out Wake.

Honestly anyone else and I’d say there is regression to the mean with the talent left and them finding 7-8 ACC wins. But I doubt that happens since the lesser schools are going to be so motivated and eager to stick it to them for once.

I think Wake blew out BC late this afternoon though. I watched some of it - think Wake won by around 12 -15 points.

Rick Pitino might disagree with you on this.

Yeah, I was thinking about Pitino, but he was only here for 2 years. He did get Louis Orr for us, and that was very big at the time. But Wayne Morgan was here from Pearl until John Wallace.

Yeah, I was thinking about Pitino, but he was only here for 2 years. He did get Louis Orr for us, and that was very big at the time. But Wayne Morgan was here from Pearl until John Wallace.
Yes, he was no Pitino but he was quite good as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom