Wayne Morgan's Journal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Morgan's Journal

It's not complete myth. When we were at scout I followed on twitter the near play by play account of 2 all star games that scout guys were tweeting. He got burned quite a bit and those at the game coulnd't believe how poorly he was playing. I think there were reports of those games. But it wasn't an urban legend that it happened. Doesn't mean he wouldn't be a great get though.

Yeah this is what I recall too. I remember Bob L and others tweeting often during one 7 on 7 tourney how he kept getting beat and that he was going to be more of safety prospect vs cb. Ofcourse anyone can have bad days here and there so as you say he definitely can be a great get even though he may have had a few struggles against solid competition. I do think that camp where Bob L was tweeting about him was the reason he did drop from 4 stars to 3 stars on scout though.

Yeah this is what I recall too. I remember Bob L and others tweeting often during one 7 on 7 tourney how he kept getting beat and that he was going to be more of safety prospect vs cb. Ofcourse anyone can have bad days here and there so as you say he definitely can be a great get even though he may have had a few struggles against solid competition. I do think that camp where Bob L was tweeting about him was the reason he did drop from 4 stars to 3 stars on scout though.

If anything this is more an indictment of the star system (well scout and 30 second Bob's in particular) than it is of Morgan. If you establish a ranking based upon performance from the time Morgan is a Sophmore in high school and then adjust it based upon what could be one bad day, it makes it pretty arbitrary. Even Darrelle Revis has bad days...does that make him any less an All Pro?

I could understand if we're talking about a player who only attends one camp, the recruiting sites don't have much info on, and he lays an egg at that camp.

He seems like he has done well on offense too. Wonder if he'll get a shot at returning some kicks sometime.

I just hand timed him on my iPhone and got a 4.3 and 4.4. I know, very scientific.

Oh really, the NE schools have also backed off? Who's backed off exactly and how would you know this?

I know for a fact rutgers backed off him a few months ago.

Go Hanie!

Good lord unreal. Maybe I'm hoping but I think he can do a decent job but the defense, o-line, and Forte will need to be lights out to make the playoffs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom