We Are #3 Most Hated Team!! | Syracusefan.com

We Are #3 Most Hated Team!!

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Hard to catch up to Duke and UK...think we are at the pinnacle

I theorize it is a combo of our large, sometimes obnoxious fanbase, NY's team, Boeheim, Bernie Fine scandal, probation and lastly our continuous success over decades--->jealousy

College Basketball Twitter: Who we hate

Georgetown in the 80's and early 90's had to be in the top 2-3...know they are down pretty far because they don't win much anymore.

UConn...is kinda bland and no one really cares about them. Just another midmajor.

I'm actually surprised we are 3, although under 1,000 responders is not a lot. Didn't know we were disliked that much. Mostly due to JB being so snarly I assume. Hey, maybe this is a good thing
JB is pretty much universally hated by outside fanbases. I've never heard any fan of another school mention anything positive about him.

Not too surprising. Would think we would be top 5, but 3 is even better. So many consecutive winning seasons in a row with the same coach must really annoy people.

All those 1st rounders.

JB just rolls the ball out, supposedly. He gives it the media. The jealousy is strong.

Oh yeah, we only won because of Melo to every fan of another team. Who is one of the most hated by moronic NBA fans. Makes sense.

The cherry on top is that our fans are everywhere, and take over opposing fans home courts.

We're in the worst 3 year period in our past like 15 years and our biggest worries is our ridiculous winning season streak and the fact that we only have 1 final four in that three year span.

I'd hate us too.

image.jpg

U hate us cuz u ain't us...suck it UConn

Boeheim and Devendorf probably can take care of it all in terms of carrying the cross for the dislike.

My lawyer friend in Charlottesville who represents Bennett (off the court real estate stuff) actually kind of likes Boeheim. He's tied into the coaching world since his cousin is the head football coach at Florida. I'm working in Charlottesville for a month and see this guy daily. Awesome guy. So, yes, he actually likes Boeheim. Now, he's definitely like, "Eh it's time for him to move on" like a Bowden but he loves his dry humor and curmudgeon demeanor at pressers. Loves it. Then again, my guy is 69 years old.

That is a pretty small sample size. Would be interesting if ESPN conducted this to see where we stood. I think #1 and #2 would be the same. I'm sure we would be top 10 and likely even top 5 but I doubt we are #3

How does Xavier rank so high(low)? Who ever thinks about Xavier? If you asked me to just name 50 programs, i'd probably forget them.

VCU?
The hate seems weighted toward the eastern half of the country...

Yancy Gates was alotted a 1000 votes.

How does Xavier rank so high(low)? Who ever thinks about Xavier? If you asked me to just name 50 programs, i'd probably forget them.

VCU?
The hate seems weighted toward the eastern half of the country...
Xavier probably received votes from Cincy fans

VCU...no idea

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom