We are a year away | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We are a year away

I think Frank and Thorpe will give us more than that.

I could see Frank becoming more of a threat. His outside shot looks smooth. We really need him to at least be somewhat of a threat from the outside. If his shot comes along, I could see 12-14 out of him per night. Thorpe is the wildcard. He looked very limited this last game, but could be a product of his injury. He did average 15 ppg last season, so you could certainly be right.

i think we'll end up as one of the best defensive units in the conference, anchored by sidibe. i think he'll be among the conference leaders in blocks, block pct & def rebounding pct. his skillset is perfectly suited to the zone
further: i won't be surprised to see him notch one (or more) double-digit blocks games. maybe even a blocks/boards/points triple double (with points being the hardest to get)

further: i won't be surprised to see him notch one (or more) double-digit blocks games. maybe even a blocks/boards/points triple double (with points being the hardest to get)

Damn, really? I didn't get to see either of the exhibitions, but those seem like really lofty expectations for a sophomore Sidibe. Sophomore Fab only ever had one game where he had more than 6 blocks, and that was that monster Seton Hall game where he had 10 (7 in the first half alone). Sure hope you're right! That would definitely get me even more excited about next year. I think we'd just have to hope that Carey turns out to be more like a Flynn than a Kaleb, and we should be rocking!

Wow. I would. I really like Sidibe but that’s asking a lot from any frosh anywhere. I mean that would be like some Greg Oden/Anthony Davis realm and outbursts.

I really hope Sidibe starts sooner than later and it’s Chukwu spelling him for short stretches. I can see us getting buried early with Chukwu in the lineup against decent teams. Sidibe understands the game way better and the team plays better when he’s in there, IMO.

The problem for Sid is that like every young big, he will get himself in to foul trouble.

Damn, really? I didn't get to see either of the exhibitions, but those seem like really lofty expectations for a sophomore Sidibe. Sophomore Fab only ever had one game where he had more than 6 blocks, and that was that monster Seton Hall game where he had 10 (7 in the first half alone). Sure hope you're right! That would definitely get me even more excited about next year. I think we'd just have to hope that Carey turns out to be more like a Flynn than a Kaleb, and we should be rocking!
Wow. I would. I really like Sidibe but that’s asking a lot from any frosh anywhere. I mean that would be like some Greg Oden/Anthony Davis realm and outbursts.

I really hope Sidibe starts sooner than later and it’s Chukwu spelling him for short stretches. I can see us getting buried early with Chukwu in the lineup against decent teams. Sidibe understands the game way better and the team plays better when he’s in there, IMO.

it's a system thing; sidibe physical stature, skillset and instincts make him a better fit for jb's defensive system than any of our recent mcd aa centers were.

This team is really young but there are a lot of players who are capable of becoming excellent defenders in the 2-3.

I said it before and will say it again. If this team is going to be good, it will be based on the defense. They are going to need to hit the boards hard, especially the defensive boards (this might be our biggest weakness on defense right now). But these kids can cover a ton of ground and the 2 elite shot blockers inside could cover up a lot of youthful mistakes.

At the least, it should be our best defensive team in years.

The problem for Sid is that like every young big, he will get himself in to foul trouble.
that is the fear and i'm sure it will be a problem in a handful of games, but with his instincts & timinghe seems less susceptible to it than most frosh

i'm higher on bourama than i have been on any incoming frosh since paul harris . . . and, yes, i remember how that turned out :oops:

it's a system thing; sidibe physical stature, skillset and instincts make him a better fit for jb's defensive system than any of our recent mcd aa centers were.

Oh I agree with this. He still needs to put on weight. I think we should temper all of the stat stuffing potential. I’d be very happy with 5/5/2 from him. That’s better than what Chukwu will give you. As others have mentioned the foul trouble is potentially looming. I have a feeling Frank is going to let quick guards get by him exposing Bourama to trouble.

Sidibe looks better than Fab, Rak and DC did their freshman year and they were all burger boys. Just shows to go you that the scouting services don’t necessarily know what they’re talking about.

Last edited:
Sidibe looks better than Fab, Rak and DC did their freshman year and they were all burger boys. Just shows to go you that the scouting services don’t necessarily know what they’re talking about.

I agree. But he’s not getting triple-doubles or not getting into foul trouble. Love Bourama, though.

obviously, i meant pascal.

obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom