We are going 6-6 next year | Syracusefan.com

We are going 6-6 next year

image.jpeg

We will win 3 ACC games. Who cares if the acc is stronger than the big east of old. We are still bottom feeders and it's been 16 years since we were ranked.

We will win 3 ACC games. Who cares if the acc is stronger than the big east of old. We are still bottom feeders and it's been 16 years since we were ranked.

You see, Ed, playing tougher competition means you could be better than when you played weaker competition and end up having the same record. So it's germane to entire premise of your thread.

You see, Ed, playing tougher competition means you could be better than when you played weaker competition and end up having the same record. So it's germane to entire premise of your thread.

Even if we are "better" we haven't been very "good". We haven't been ranked in 16 years. Those are the facts.

10-2.

Oddly enuff we lose to Central Conn. due to early season jitters, and to MT State in 2OT from a relentless Shafer D.
Then we run the table.:)

Even if we are "better" we haven't been very "good". We haven't been ranked in 16 years. Those are the facts.

And? We should give up?

Ed. Most of us post here every day. We are aware of the sucky play. BUT - Dino is a good coach who deserves time. No need to tar him with 15 extra years of misery.

(Also, if the hill is steeper, it should take longer to run to the top.)

And? We should give up?

Ed. Most of us post here every day. We are aware of the sucky play. BUT - Dino is a good coach who deserves time. No need to tar him with 15 extra years of misery.

(Also, if the hill is steeper, it should take longer to run to the top.)

The first sane post of the night. I never said give up. I just stated we have done much in 15 years. And I think 6-6 is a step in the right direction. I'm willing to give Dino time.

i hate to admit it but the last line is true. i hope babers surprises this year. i love the guy, and the way handles the press and other stuff. he is class act. we should begin an upward trend given the scheduel. that said he is not YET recruiting that well. i am counting on his jucos to contribute. if we get 6-6 with a signature win, i expect next years recruiting class gets much better. we need the dome renovation. i am wavering on the administrations commitment to a first class facility, based on what i have read here. i wonder what wildhack thinks at this point. i wonder if the dome renovation was part of the reason he came to su. i do not like the "no contact period"we are experiencing in relation to the dome.
we need major ol and dl improvement. also given ed's hx i do not expect him to play the whole year. i am actually surprised he continues to play football. he is a smart guy with a great future outside of football.

16-0 we will be so good they want us to play extra games...

I would kill for 6-6, that said we need to take a big step up to compete with the mid tier ACC teams. Like Dino says, consistently good is what we need to get to, not occasionally great, which makes a ton of sense when you think about it.

After 15 years I am skeptical but What else am I going to do. We as fans need to see improvement at some level this year. It has been a rough road

11/12 teams played in a bowl last year. And SU is playing the defending natl champ and Heisman winner. 6-6 is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom