we are going to destroy Rutgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

we are going to destroy Rutgers

Rutgers is the 4th best football team on the schedule so far.

USC, Wake, Toledo > RU > URI

I agree. Rutgers isn't a great team and is horribly handicapped by poor coaching, but they have good talent at some skilled positions.

They are a strange team to watch them play. They are largely disfunctional on offense, do not play as a team and often look lost out there. Sanu is a very good player but like last year, they are overusing him and running him into the ground. Good defenses find it easy to stop one dimension offenses, and Rutgers has the mother of all one dimenional offenses (they have have the talent to be much more diverse).

On defense, they have a nice collection of raw athletes that can run but are really undisciplined. It looks like they focus on trying to make crushing hits and to knock the ball loose rather than on things like coverage, assignments and tackling. That is why they give up so many big yardage plays (and get a lot of turnovers too).

DM and his staff are, I think, well suited to dealing with this type of coaching approach. It plays right into their hands. This is a big reason why they are 2-0 against Schiano and why they will soon be 3-0.

That being said, I agree with IB. Another really close game. Special teams play will be important...RU can compensate for their bad offense with points here. Need to neutralize that. Bottom line, SU wins close games, Rutgers loses them. I don't see that changing anytime soon...it is really hard to break the loser mentality once it is in place.

One caveat...if our defense is as injured on Saturday as it was last week, it is going to be really hard to get a win. I hope Chandler, Sharmarko and Marcus Spruill are at or near 100%. Pretty sure at least one of them will not play, unfortunately.

Agreed.
Just can’t give up any big plays whether on offense or defense. They live on getting points from their D or special teams. Don’t give them any big plays on offense, make them drive the length of the field. If you do these things you beat them every time.

The back breakers for teams playing Rutgers are the blocked kicks, punts muffs or turnovers inside the 35 yard line.

I have to laugh every time I see on the Rutgers board them talking down to SU like it's still the Greg Robinson days. Not realizing they're 0-2 against Marrone and are a last-place team in the Big East.

We're not catching Rutgers off guard like we did in 2009. We'll see their best effort. But they will also see ours. And I think we're better. Close game, we win by 7-10.

Does anyone else get the feeling that we are going to crush Rutgers? I just think that we are going to put it all together this week. My prediction is 42-14
Gotta agree on this one. I dont know if it will be as wide of a margin but i just get the feeling that this young team is coming around and the coming out party will be at the expense of Rutgers. From the first possession the outcome will not be in question. I would bet my life savings ($10) on it. Cant wait to watch Schiano scurry out of the dome after they get embarrassed.

I don't know how anyone can be that confident about any of our games. If we were healthier on D, I would agree. I expect Rutgers to take a lot of shots down the field. Hopefully we can generate a pass rush or blitz more effectively. Someone has got to step up in a major way for these next two games because our injuries, I fear, could catch up with us in a major way.

Rutgers is much better than last year, I think we are better on O, weaker on D, if we trun the ball over and suck on specials we will lose by 28. In a close game, we win. If its a blow out it will be Rutgers blowing us out, IN addition sounds like we are decimated with injuries as well

Rutgers is much better than last year, I think we are better on O, weaker on D, if we trun the ball over and suck on specials we will lose by 28. In a close game, we win. If its a blow out it will be Rutgers blowing us out, IN addition sounds like we are decimated with injuries as well

"We are Syracuse, and we do not lose to ing Rutgers"

SU's Margins of Victory:
7, 7, 3

While I do think that SU will win, I don't think that theres any way we blow them out. If we aren't good enough to blow out RI or Toledo, then we aren't good enough to blow out Rutgers.

I'll be happy with a win, no matter how. I am concerned about our ability to contain Sanu with our issues in the secondary. If you can stop Sanu, their offense can't score. Some semblance of QB pressure would be nice too.

What is this QB pressure in which you speak? In all seriousness, I couldn't agree more! Although, even if we contain Sanu, our secondary has shown that it can be quite creative in giving up yards.

What is this QB pressure in which you speak? In all seriousness, I couldn't agree more! Although, even if we contain Sanu, our secondary has shown that it can be quite creative in giving up yards.

Do you mean bouncing off a guy's backside allowing him to gain 20 more yards setting up an easy FG to tie a game?

Does anyone else get the feeling that we are going to crush Rutgers? I just think that we are going to put it all together this week. My prediction is 42-14

What a joke! You luckily escaped against a terrible RU team last year and have proven to be an average team at best this year barely beating Wake and Toledo and getting smoked by USC...not a chance in hell you "blow us out" this year even though you are at home. You won't be able to cover Sanu/Harrison and I think we leave the dome with the W...

My prediction RU 28 SU 20

What a joke! You luckily escaped against a terrible RU team last year and have proven to be an average team at best this year barely beating Wake and Toledo and getting smoked by USC...not a chance in hell you "blow us out" this year even though you are at home. You won't be able to cover Sanu/Harrison and I think we leave the dome with the W...

What a joke! Even with a decimated roster depleted by injury last year, where we could barely field a competent WR unit, you still couldn't beat us. And this after we whipped you so badly the year before, that your entire program had the game circled on the schedule as a revenge game.

You have proven to be a below average team with no chance of being bowl eligible. We've beaten two teams who will be bowl teams, and lost on the road to USC--whereas Rutgers has struggled tremendously against your typically weak preseason slate. You couldn't even beat a UNC squad that has been ravaged by attrition in the offseason!

We are going to win again, running Marrone's record against that fraud Schiano to 3-0.

Next.

Our Defense has not performed well enough so far to feel confident in a blowout against any team

I don't think this team is structurally capable of crushing anyone this year. Too many guys playing too soon when they really need more time in S&C, more practice time and film time. I don't know how good Tulane is, but at this point I would not be surprised if we didn't win another game, especially if the @#$% injuries keep occurring.

I think that HCDM and Hackett open the playbook up for some big plays and SU rolls to a 35-14 win.

RRRUUU are you still going to come to this board when you guys are in the MEAC or SWAC?

You had one rushing yard against the only good team on your schedule. ONE. They turned the ball over 5 times and you still couldn't win.

Did you make the same post on the rutgers boards to posters who claim that rutgers will blow out SU?

What do you think becomes of Schiano?

He is proving to be an inept coach with all of the talent he steals from Syracuse. With the skilled athletes on his roster, he should be winning at least 9 or 10 games per season...

I think that HCDM and Hackett open the playbook up for some big plays...

Somebody posts this every fracking week! I'm not even sure what "open the playbook" even means at this point:noidea:?

I'm just saying...

What do you think becomes of Schiano?

With the skilled athletes on his roster, he should be winning at least 9 or 10 games per season...

Especially, with Rutger's usual weak OOC scheduling.

He is an average coach at best, barely maintaining a .500 winning percentage, over the course of 10+ years at Rutgers. He has never won a big game and has rarely scored a huge upset.

How does he continue to get good recruiting classes?

Can you just stop posting here please. Nobody cares, what you have to say, seriously. You can see many here that knowing our injury situation, etc that it will be a tough game for Syracuse. I am sure posters on the rutgers board feel that Rutgers will pound Syracuse, its what fans do but you posting the that most fans here already know, is GD annoying.

Know what's going to be awesome? When we leave this shitshow behind and Rutgers fans start annoying people on the Kent State message boards.

RU fan here...nice board!

I think syracuse can shut down the RU run game, so the key will be for you to get to Dodd...two years ago you lived in the backfield and sacked our QB many times...

look to do that again...Sanu will get his catches, tackle him at the spot....RU has a lot of other supposedly talented receivers that for some reason have been making
a lot of drops...

I think it will be close, just as the spread indicates

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom