we are going to destroy Rutgers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

we are going to destroy Rutgers

RU fan here...nice board!

I think syracuse can shut down the RU run game, so the key will be for you to get to Dodd...two years ago you lived in the backfield and sacked our QB many times...

look to do that again...Sanu will get his catches, tackle him at the spot....RU has a lot of other supposedly talented receivers that for some reason have been making
a lot of drops...

I think it will be close, just as the spread indicates

The key will be for us to get to Dodd. So far this year, we have made every QB we have faced look like the second coming of Peyton Manning.

This game is obviously special to Marrone and has been since he took over. I do think we open the playbook a bit more, because it seems like he has saved a bit extra for Rutgers everytime he has faced them.

A close one in the upper 20's to mid-30's wouldn't surprise me

I think it will be close if only because we haven't really stopped anybody but nobody except USC has stopped us

Rutgers is a better team than last year, and I expect a battle on the hill.

However, every time I begin to have my doubts I remind myself that the Rutgers win last week against a good Ohio team came after a bye week for Rutgers. The game was very close except for the 4 forced fumbles Ohio surrendered. Rutgers converted those turnovers into 17 points while Ohio forced 2 Rutgers turnovers and only managed to convert those into 7 points. So Rutgers escaped with a win with a healthy roster and a bye week. That's kind of shaky. And we all know that Rutgers lost to UNC after forcing 5 turnovers. SU beat a good Wake team and a good Toledo team.

At the same time SU's injury situation is a serious matter. I hope Shamarko returns because Shamarko is a heavy hitter and an all-around great player, and last week Wilkes struggled in replacement. Obviously, having Chandler Jones back would be tremendous, and Spruill being 100 percent would be great. The secondary? Can Lyn and Anderson stay healthy? Is Reddish ready to step up. If Shamarko is healthy maybe Wilkes can return to CB? Shocked that PTG might be out because he looked so pumped in the post-game presser, but so did Chandler Jones after Wake. These injuries are so frustrating. If PTG is out, then do we see Smith and AAM? Whoever runs the ball needs to focus on ball security every down until the whistle blows. It seems like the risk is biggest when they are twisting and fighting for those extra yards after contact.

Ohio had 400 yards of offense against Rutgers mostly in the air. I'm guessing they abandoned the run after the half because they were down- the stats show they ran with a decent yards per carry even though the total rushing yards are low. Ohio did well in the air. I'm hopeful that SU's offense can maintain it's rhythm for a full 60 minutes and consistently pick up first downs even when the first down play is an short run or an incomplete pass. I would love to see them make Rutgers pay for sending pressure. Saturday would be a great day for the offense to play a complete game.

Did you make the same post on the rutgers boards to posters who claim that rutgers will blow out SU?

I am expecting a close game until the end. One score either way decides it and I have been saying that to our delusional fans who think we will blow you out as well...

RU fan here...nice board!

I think syracuse can shut down the RU run game, so the key will be for you to get to Dodd...two years ago you lived in the backfield and sacked our QB many times...

look to do that again...Sanu will get his catches, tackle him at the spot....RU has a lot of other supposedly talented receivers that for some reason have been making
a lot of drops...

I think it will be close, just as the spread indicates
Question for you. I admittedly haven't watched Rutgers play this year, it's hard enough to watch SU games on the west coast. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a former communist nation or something having to watch them on my computer lol.

With the injuries we've suffered in the secondary, I think the key to this game is pressuring the stuff out of Dodd and double covering Sanu based upon what I've read. It doesn't sound like the RU line is very strong this year and it also sounds like there's a lot of indecision and performance issues with the backfield.

Anyhow, is Dodd capable of looking off his primary receiver? Does he check his second and third options well?

I wonder if everyone who agrees that we will paste Rutgers would still sing the same tune if the blown PAT had been called correctly, and if Toledo's KO for a TD that was called back, for a mysterious block in the back call, that did not exist on replay, stood. Sadly enough, Toledo was the better team. And if WF QB doesn't get injured in the 4thQ, then we easily would be 1-3, which includes a loss to a lackluster USC team on top of it. USC snuck by a Minnesota team who just lost to an FCS school last week, mind you.

Too many people drinking the kool-aid and focusing on a 3-1 record. Do I have to remind anyone that we beat R.I. by a whopping 7?

Rutgers hung with UNC in Chapel Hill, losing by 2-3 pts, I believe, so they won't be a pushover

All these things said, I can see SU pulling out another squeeker, or losing by 10-14. Sanu can very easily expose our 2ndary just like last week. And if SU doesn't win this game (I don't see them winning their remaining home games) could they really drop to 0-8 in the Dome vs. BE schools (including BC since they're technically a BE type school) over the last 2 seasons?

I wonder if everyone who agrees that we will paste Rutgers would still sing the same tune if the blown PAT had been called correctly, and if Toledo's KO for a TD that was called back, for a mysterious block in the back call, that did not exist on replay, stood. Sadly enough, Toledo was the better team. And if WF QB doesn't get injured in the 4thQ, then we easily would be 1-3, which includes a loss to a lackluster USC team on top of it. USC snuck by a Minnesota team who just lost to an FCS school last week, mind you.

Too many people drinking the kool-aid and focusing on a 3-1 record. Do I have to remind anyone that we beat R.I. by a whopping 7?

Rutgers hung with UNC in Chapel Hill, losing by 2-3 pts, I believe, so they won't be a pushover

All these things said, I can see SU pulling out another squeeker, or losing by 10-14. Sanu can very easily expose our 2ndary just like last week. And if SU doesn't win this game (I don't see them winning their remaining home games) could they really drop to 0-8 in the Dome vs. BE schools (including BC since they're technically a BE type school) over the last 2 seasons?

Lots of what ifs in there all of which didn't happen. We are 3-1.

That's your first post?

Smells like swamp.

That's your first post?

Smells like swamp.

Way too many MAC fans posting in this thread, and on this board. Can we restrict memberships only to those in big boy conferences now? We should do to them what VT fans did to us in 2004, which is move on. Although we will now get the VT fans back, but still, better dinner table.

Hypotheticals are fun.

Nice job putting BC in the BE to bolster your argument as well.

WRONG !!!

I saw SEVERAL blocks in the back on that return by Toledo, so take your pick. I even went back & looked at the play again, & sure enough, more blocks in the back... Don't say something unless you know the facts.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'm with IB.

Marrone's presser didn't make me feel any better. As IB mentioned, it really reminds me of the pre-Louisville presser of last year where he gave us major clues that we were going to have problems winning.

Color me concerned about the defensive backfield injuries (every one of them seems banged up), inexperience at the LB position, and lack of pash rush. Every star receiver we've faced to this point has torched us.

Add in RU's ability to create turnovers and I don't have a good feeling about this one. We've been living on the edge during all 3 of our wins and I think that finally catches up with us Saturday. I think the ladies come into the Dome and beat us. Hey, lets hope I'm wrong.

If they do end up winning the battle, at least we know we have won the war (ACC).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom