We are not a Defensive Juggernaut | Syracusefan.com

We are not a Defensive Juggernaut

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
I find it remarkable that JB has gone from a guy known for his teams' offensive prowess and how well they get out on the break to a guy who is taking a team to the final four that is really offensively challenged and going based almost entirely on its ability to play defense. Yet to some he is a one trick pony who doesn't ever adjust his approach.

this came almost by accident and embarrassment. this has to do with personnel as much as scheme. mcw is not replaceable except by scotty pippen.

this came almost by accident and embarrassment. this has to do with personnel as much as scheme. mcw is not replaceable except by scotty pippen.
Thank you Captain Obvious - It probably never occurred to anyone else that success in basketball might be due to a combination of scheme and personnel.

Wonder who recruited all this personnel ?

I find it remarkable that JB has gone from a guy known for his teams' offensive prowess and how well they get out on the break to a guy who is taking a team to the final four that is really offensively challenged and going based almost entirely on its ability to play defense. Yet to some he is a one trick pony who doesn't ever adjust his approach.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Like how we made adjustments and shut down Gardner in the 2nd half yesterday. And how our zone adjustments completely flummoxed Marquette's 2 leading scorers (Blue and Cadougan).
On offense, we have always liked to score in transition. I think we had 1 fast break basket yesterday, because JB had Triche and MCW crash the boards, and they ended up leading the team in rebounds. I have heard and read comments where people mistake JB's (usually) calm demeanor on the bench as being detached from actively coaching. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

yeah, embarassment... thats it

such a predictable dope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom