We beat FSU in every way except score | Syracusefan.com

We beat FSU in every way except score

I don't remember how every game played out exactly up to this point, but I have to assume this is whats been happening all year, sans Miami. Our offense moves the ball very well. We just need to learn how to score. Most on this board blasted McF-it because his offense did the same thing.

Jimbo called was really terrible plays on a lot of 3rd downs the didn't convert, but yes let's lament and call our coach stupid for not going for 3...lol
Also FSU's defense looked lost a good bit of the time.
I don't feel we lost the coaching battle today, our coaching system did what it's supposed to do. Keep us in games we have no right being in with the talent we have.

Jimbo called was really terrible plays on a lot of 3rd downs the didn't convert, but yes let's lament and call our coach stupid for not going for 3...lol
I don't feel we lost the coaching battle today, our coaching system did what it's supposed to do. Keep us in games we have no right being in with the talent we have.

I agree with most of this. I still don't understand why we ever try shuffle passes or tunnel screens and draw plays on 3rd and long are infuriating, but I don't get paid to win football games so I must defer to the coaches there.

I agree with most of this. I still don't understand why we ever try shuffle passes or tunnel screens and draw plays on 3rd and long are infuriating, but I don't get paid to win football games so I must defer to the coaches there.
I agree 100%, I hate when we do the tunnel screens. It's worked I think one time this year and we had the shuffle pass work the one time versus Pitt. I would be happy not seeing them the rest of the year lol.

FSU isn’t very good at all

Our lack of secondary speed is the biggest area of need for the defense.

Missing Cordy and Martin was evident today. I would like to see what Butler could do back there. I like Williams, but in small doses.

FSU isn’t very good at all

Defense still has a ton of kids that will play Sundays
RB has come into his own
We played them at the wrong time

Missing Cordy and Martin was evident today. I would like to see what Butler could do back there. I like Williams, but in small doses.

Like them but both are not speed merchants.

Coaching is not a stat it's an opinion. Yes, they out rushed us. I should have said virtually. But you get the point.
In my opinion, coaching may have cost us a bowl game. So it’s big...

We beat FSU in every way except score...

and the falcons are your Super Bowl champions !!!! NOT
nobody cares.

Our lack of secondary speed is the biggest area of need for the defense.

That's the absence of Martin. Martin was a huge improvement. Missed him huge this week. We gave up 2 big chunk plays and that lost tje game. We beat FSU today from scrimmage.

Yes, we missed a 47 & 43 yarder and made a 42 yarder. And, of course, that chip shot attempt right before half that wasn't taken..."tough angle."

Kickers are honestly week to week. Murph had a GREAT game last week but it was obvious early , he wasn't the Murph of last week. You give your kicker one look and then manage based on that. Couldn't out the game in his hands at the end.