we can hang with every team in the acc | Syracusefan.com

we can hang with every team in the acc

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
except duke. unfortunately we’re locked into the 8/9 game, and unless a miracle happens duke will be the 1 seed and we’ll get them in the 2nd game.

id actually give us a punchers chance of winning a few games if we didnt have to play duke so soon. i look at the teams ahead of us and whoever we play will be a 1 possession game with 8 minutes left. except duke!

That’s why Saturday’s game is so big. Win that game and we will finish at worst 16-16.
No losing season.
Of course none of this matters because the HC coach doesn’t want to retire.

I don't consider it big. I consider it sad.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Thinking of this team needing to win 4 in 4 days…. Makes me chuckle. Even if the ability is there, it’s just essentially not possible with the minutes logged.
Yeah even in 06 I felt if we beat Cincinnati we would sneak in.
After we beat UConn we knew we were just playing for seed.

This year we need all 4. I think the fatigue will set in the second game..
I don't consider it big. I consider it sad.
i just don’t want Buddy and Jimmy to be leading players on JB’s first losing season. That chit is tough to think about. At .500 or better the season won’t be remembered. Just buried.
As a losing season it gets remembered.
That is why we have to beat Miami.
No questions.

i just don’t want Buddy and Jimmy to be leading players on JB’s first losing season. That chit is tough to think about. At .500 or better the season won’t be remembered. Just buried.
As a losing season it gets remembered.
That is why we have to beat Miami.
No questions.

Lucky for them, they're in a position to do something about it.

If it doesn't work out, they can just blame the centers like their dad does.

except duke. unfortunately we’re locked into the 8/9 game, and unless a miracle happens duke will be the 1 seed and we’ll get them in the 2nd game.

id actually give us a punchers chance of winning a few games if we didnt have to play duke so soon. i look at the teams ahead of us and whoever we play will be a 1 possession game with 8 minutes left. except duke!

Agree that we have a chance with any team except Duke. Issue is, even without Duke, winning those toss up games four times in a row is almost impossible with this team.

I’m pulling for the above .500 season. Even that’s going to be tough. Sid is playing injured and who knows when Sy will be back.

"we can hang with every team in the acc except duke "​

duke is the only ranked team in the ACC . you saying we can only hang with unranked teams ?

"we can hang with every team in the acc except duke "​

duke is the only ranked team in the ACC . you saying we can only hang with unranked teams ?

Well, we have lost to Colgate and a horrendous G'Town team. We are 15-15 with zero Quad 1 wins. And, the ACC is probably the weakest it has been in several decades, perhaps ever. So, yeah.

That’s why Saturday’s game is so big. Win that game and we will finish at worst 16-16.
No losing season.
Of course none of this matters because the HC coach doesn’t want to retire.
I don’t see how we beat Miami without Torrence and Edwards. The last time we played them, Edwards was the difference in the first half and Torrence would have been the difference in the second. Even if Anselem/Sidibe play well, Girard will struggle against the pressure. And Junior won’t be the answer. He was intimated against Miami, especially in the second half.

The state of this program. "Hey, we have a puncher's chance against VaTech and Miami". Let that sink in.

I don’t see how we beat Miami without Torrence and Edwards. The last time we played them, Edwards was the difference in the first half and Torrence would have been the difference in the second. Even if Anselem/Sidibe play well, Girard will struggle against the pressure. And Junior won’t be the answer. He was intimated against Miami, especially in the second half.

Past success doesn’t guarantee future results but Joe had 26 pts with 7 3’s and only 1 turnover.

Well, we have lost to Colgate and a horrendous G'Town team. We are 15-15 with zero Quad 1 wins. And, the ACC is probably the weakest it has been in several decades, perhaps ever. So, yeah.
Nice summary

I want you to be wrong, but you did get the exact final spread of UNC game correct

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom