we caught a big break with the block on scoop | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

we caught a big break with the block on scoop

Restricted area, I'm almost positive. Ref pointed to it I thought as the reason

I saw the replay...it looked like part of his foot was in the semicircle of death. I assume you have to have both feet clearly outside the line.

Right, and this was the 6th team foul. On the same possession, Keita fouled out and Wisconsin scored their last points of the game on the free throws. Keitas foul would not have been a shooting foul otherwise... this was a "big" call in the game, and it was a total mystery as to why they called it. The guy fell down... Scoop didn't even touch him.

The guy tripped over Scoop's toe...the ref had to call travel or foul...he chose the latter.

Its alright, Wisc caught a huge break towards the end when Jordan Taylor tripped over his own feet with 2 secs left on the shot clock and they called a foul on us. Showed replay on big screen and Taylor was never touched, he just fell down.

Agree with this. I thought on both occasions the defender was still moving forward with his upper body, though his feet were planted.

CJ was definitely leaned into on his putback. Scoop's could've gone either way, though the super slow-motion side angle replay they showed tends to make everything look like a charge.

Quick question about the restricted area. By rule, is it an automatic blocking foul if the defender is caught in the arc, or can it be a no call?

What gave me a heart attack was the guy jacking up the crazy half sideways shot with 1 second left, then ending up on the ground after a Syracuse guy had jumped what seemed like right on top of him. Until I saw the reply, I would have *sworn* that was a foul. Thank god the refs didn't have my (wrong) eyes.

What gave me a heart attack was the guy jacking up the crazy half sideways shot with 1 second left, then ending up on the ground after a Syracuse guy had jumped what seemed like right on top of him. Until I saw the reply, I would have *sworn* that was a foul. Thank god the refs didn't have my (wrong) eyes.

If you watch the wide shot relay, you can see that Bo Ryan thought so too... he was pointing right at it. Once he sees the replay, it will be obvious that Fair never touched the guy.

The guy tripped over Scoop's toe...the ref had to call travel or foul...he chose the latter.

Okay... from the replay you couldn't see any body and he wasn't touching him with his hands either... I guess you had to be there to see it.

Okay... from the replay you couldn't see any body and he wasn't touching him with his hands either... I guess you had to be there to see it.
Has to be that Ryan teaches his guys that kind of stuff. There were at least 2 other suspect fouls called on 3 pointers and an attempted one on the very last play of the game.

Last night showed that Big East refs really do suck.

that call was right in front of me. I thought he was in the restricted area. If not, it was a charge. But I think it was in the restricted area.

Are you here???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom