we caught a big break with the block on scoop | Syracusefan.com

we caught a big break with the block on scoop

Millhouse

Living Legend
don't yell at me, this doesn't encompass every positive thought i have about that great game, it's just something I haven't seen mentioned

i thought it was a clear charge and in the end, it's nice to see a call go our way for a change. i prefer the refereeing from other conferences

That was big and I thought the refs took away the charge and I liked that.

Was the defender in the restricted area? Couldn't tell live. The other huge break was CJ's putback after Dion's insane dunk attempt . That might have been a charge too.

On many of the calls, you can see the defensive guy still moving in ...that's why they were not called charges. How about the call near the end when Scoop was guarding the guy who just fell flat on the ground for seemingly no reason...and they called the foul on Scoop.

That is a call that always goes against us in march. Nice to be on the right side of a 50 50 call.

Restricted area, I'm almost positive. Ref pointed to it I thought as the reason

On many of the calls, you can see the defensive guy still moving in ...that's why they were not called charges. How about the call near the end when Scoop was guarding the guy who just fell flat on the ground for seemingly no reason...and they called the foul on Scoop.

Agree with this. I thought on both occasions the defender was still moving forward with his upper body, though his feet were planted.

Reason being the shot clock was running out and he had no place to go but force contact and hope for the foul call. Scoop backed off just before he went down but the ref fell for it anyway. They showed the replay and you could tell it was a bogus play by Taylor.

that call was right in front of me. I thought he was in the restricted area. If not, it was a charge. But I think it was in the restricted area.

I believe he was in the restricted area otherwise a clear charge on Scoop.
I thought they caught a huge break with the guy trapped who lowers his shoulder, plows through a Syracuse player and then falls down. I thought a clear cut charge or traveling. dude got fouled on a 3 by xmas 3 seconds later.
Overall not much to complain about with the refs. Nothing egregious that's for sure.

Right, and this was the 6th team foul. On the same possession, Keita fouled out and Wisconsin scored their last points of the game on the free throws. Keitas foul would not have been a shooting foul otherwise... this was a "big" call in the game, and it was a total mystery as to why they called it. The guy fell down... Scoop didn't even touch him.

Restricted area, I'm almost positive. Ref pointed to it I thought as the reason
It would have been nice if CBS would have tried to show it, but that would be asking too much of them. The only thing they showed was him running into him, but never showed a good angle if the Wisc player was in the restricted area. With all of their stupid camera angles you think they would be able to figure it out..smh

Right, and this was the 6th team foul. On the same possession, Keita fouled out and Wisconsin scored their last points of the game on the free throws. Keitas foul would not have been a shooting foul otherwise... this was a "big" call in the game, and it was a total mystery as to why they called it. The guy fell down... Scoop didn't even touch him.
The foul on Keita also points out that, despite all the talk about Wisconsin's centers getting in foul trouble and how much that hurt...how about the fact that Christmas (starting Center) sat much of the game in foul trouble and Keita actually fouled out.

The game was officiated relatively well. There are always going to be calls that could go either way and there will always be some bad calls. This game was absolutely normal from that standpoint. Let's just say it was a good game and the better team won it. Syracuse played better basketball out there. They were clearly the better team. Wisconsin shot the 3 great. 52% . They could not contain Syracuse in any other manner. They lived by the three and died by the three. Syracuse played a well-rounded game with many facets.

Watching live I thought it was a charge but on the replay, it looked like the guy was still moving over a bit as Scoop was starting to jump up in the air for the shot. That's something they allow players to do too much now. Guys are jumping in the air and players are still sliding under them and they call a charge.

I wondered the same thing about the restricted area, if that was a factor, but you could never see where his feet were on the replay.

The foul on Keita also points out that, despite all the talk about Wisconsin's centers getting in foul trouble and how much that hurt...how about the fact that Christmas (starting Center) sat much of the game in foul trouble and Keita actually fouled out.

The game was officiated relatively well. There are always going to be calls that could go either way and there will always be some bad calls. This game was absolutely normal from that standpoint. Let's just say it was a good game and the better team won it. Syracuse played better basketball out there. They were clearly the better team. Wisconsin shot the 3 great. 52% . They could not contain Syracuse in any other manner. They lived by the three and died by the three. Syracuse played a well-rounded game with many facets.

And at least two of Keita's fouls were suspect as well. One I think was on what looked to be a pretty clean block and the other I think was on a steal or rebound attempt. Again looked like he had all ball and they called a foul.

And as mentioned above, the dive foul against Scoop.

All I'm saying is believe the ref pointed to the restricted area as the reason for the call. Would have been a charge last year. Could be wrong

The guy took a flop, on the replay you could see the wisconsin player turn his shoulders to force more contact than there would have been, then he fell using his shoulders, not his entire body. Being right there I thought it was a charge or no call, but after seeing the replay it was either a block or no call.

Was nice to see us finally get a call. Seemed there were quite a few drives in the second half that our guys were fouled and the refs swallowed the whistle.

Wisconsin suckered the refs on the 3 point attempt to end the half too. I thought live RAK fouled him. But the replay shows clearly (the camera angle from rak's back) that RAK made the same move that Warrick did. He did not run straight at the shooter, slightly to the side of him. Had the shooter not slide sideways AFTER the shot RAK doesn't touch hm. Smart by the player, but boy was that a momentum changer.

Wisconsin suckered the refs on the 3 point attempt to end the half too. I thought live RAK fouled him. But the replay shows clearly (the camera angle from rak's back) that RAK made the same move that Warrick did. He did not run straight at the shooter, slightly to the side of him. Had the shooter not slide sideways AFTER the shot RAK doesn't touch hm. Smart by the player, but boy was that a momentum changer.

Yeah, I saw that too. Live looked like a good call but he moved over to cause the contact.

They made up for it with the Scoop phantom foul. Wisconsin wouldn't have been able to get a shot off. I thought I was watching Norman Dale's offense at one point.

Best text I got after the game. I knew SU would win after Joseph's missed FT as Wiscy couldn't get a shot off in 20 seconds.

Was nice to see us finally get a call. Seemed there were quite a few drives in the second half that our guys were fouled and the refs swallowed the whistle.

still Rak can't put himself in that situation. Rak flies out to the corner a lot to try to block shots and he needs to be under control. Get a hand up, you're not going to block the shot, and keep your momentum from potentially being anywhere near the shooter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom