We currently have a better record than Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

We currently have a better record than Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Just felt like pointing that out. Best or second best recruiting class every year vs. a team coming off probation with 7 healthy players that supposedly dropped the ball in recruiting every year for like 5 straight years.

Heck just look at college basketball as a whole...or the acc standings...so many teams with numerous loses like us. A few games we should of won and we would be looking really good right now considering all of our deficiencies and being young we are not as bad as most portray us to be. But yea the obvious thing that someone is sure to point out is our offense. Who cares, I have still enjoyed this season as much as any even if at times I want to bash my head against a concrete wall watching them!

Some tough, tough losses that we could’ve won and many maddening, frustrating, and brutal stretches of play in many games but before the season I would’ve signed up for 18-9(7-7) and competitive against everyone at this point. And that was when I thought Thorpe would be good and we might still have Thompson!

The team and coaches have done a great job of becoming a competitive team with such a young team with no depth and really having a lot of guys playing large roles that they are ideally a year away from truly being ready for.

And the other is in no danger of not making the tourney.

UK hasn’t won a game since January.

If they lose today, they’ll be getting awfully angsty down there.

High-level conspiracy thinking here but can some of these midseason collapses be blamed on fear of the NCAA hammer dropping?

Also, Oklahoma was once 14-2 and in position for a 1 seed. They're now 16-10 and their next game is at Kansas.
Rough schedule, but still, they should not have still been ranked.

It's interesting how UK has fallen while most of their SEC brethren have gotten better. Definitely one of the strongest conferences in the country this year. Used to be UK and a bunch of mediocrity.

Watching Kentucky, they don't even look all that talented.

Yeah, I’ve sort of thought that all year. College basketball is pretty meh this year. Not a lot of elite teams and players IMO. ACC is not good. Some of these other leagues are bad too. Right now I still think Villanova, MSU, and Arizona are all pretty good but there is a lot meh after that. Purdue has looked rough the last few weeks. The middle to bottom of all these leagues are bad.

Yeah, I’ve sort of thought that all year. College basketball is pretty meh this year. Not a lot of elite teams and players IMO. ACC is not good. Some of these other leagues are bad too. Right now I still think Villanova, MSU, and Arizona are all pretty good but there is a lot meh after that. Purdue has looked rough the last few weeks. The middle to bottom of all these leagues are bad.
I'm wondering if this means the NBA draft class is a bit overrated.

I'm wondering if this means the NBA draft class is a bit overrated.

I’d buy that. Only guys like Ayton, Bagley, Young, and Sexton really impress me. Bridges too from MSU.

We have a better record than Baylor, Ok, Texas, TCU. prov, Butler, Seton Hall, USC, Utah, oregon, Wash, Florida, Missouri, alabama, kentucky, tex AM. And almost all of them are probably ahead of us on most bubbles.

Totally agree. Wide open. Also agree on the ACC. I don't get the love for them in the rpi rankings. A ton of mediocrity.

What is this based on? You keep posting that. What do you mean?

4 teams in the top 15. Or 4 teams ranked higher than Arizona, whom you seem to think is pretty good.

The ACC had six teams ranked in the top 20 when the NCAA tournament began last year. Only one of them made it out of the first weekend alive.

The ACC is down from last season, but still the best or second best conference. The problem is that all the ACC teams are pretty good and just beating each other up night to night. There are probably no elite teams, but a lot of good to really good teams. The ACC’s non conference record was stellar.

The ACC is down from last season, but still the best or second best conference. The problem is that all the ACC teams are pretty good and just beating each other up night to night. There are probably no elite teams, but a lot of good to really good teams. The ACC’s non conference record was stellar.

I don't see them being first or second best. They certainly weren't last season. But that's the beauty of the tournament. We'll find out soon enough.

I don't see them being first or second best. They certainly weren't last season. But that's the beauty of the tournament. We'll find out soon enough.

Agreed, yup.

The ACC had six teams ranked in the top 20 when the NCAA tournament began last year. Only one of them made it out of the first weekend alive.

So you’re saying the conference underperformed in the NCAA’s, despite haven’t the National Champion? The PAC 12 had 3 top 10 teams and only 1 made it past the the Sweet 16.

What conferences are better?

So you’re saying the conference underperformed in the NCAA’s, despite haven’t the National Champion? The PAC 12 had 3 top 10 teams and only 1 made it past the the Sweet 16.

I was specifically talking about the ACC. When five ranked ACC teams all lose to lower seeds and are gone by the first weekend that is called epic fail, my friend.

I'm sure when UK won the national championship in 2012 you were proclaiming the SEC as the best conference in America. Just like you were in 2014 with UConn and the AAC. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom