We Go As Our Guards GO | Syracusefan.com

We Go As Our Guards GO

anomander

Living Legend
Another pitiful showing by BT and MCW. This is just another perfect example of how we go as our guards go. Our cetners actually had a very good game. I think this was just more evidence that the bigs aren't the problem. Rak and Baye aren't going to lead us anywhere. However, we will sink or swim as Brandon and Michael go. I can't see how anyone can still disagree with this?

Southerland, Fair, Rak, Cooney, BMK all played fine tonight. Triche was horrible, MCW was bad.

So yes, you are correct.

Southerland, Fair, Rak, Cooney, BMK all played fine tonight. Triche was horrible, MCW was bad.

So yes, you are correct.
Where the hell was Cooney?

You're depressing me.

JB needs to keep them under control.....they both go mental too often.

Where the hell was Cooney?

Sitting on the bench. Oh it was rhetorical? Carry on.

And to the OP- March Madness is about guard play. Guards carry teams in March. That is a scary thought.

You're depressing me.

i'll keep saying it JB needs to show them the SDSU game tape. Unless your name is James Southerland, or maybe Cooney no 3's. Way too many bad shots by those 2. Who would have thought Rak, BMK, TC, JS, and CJ all have a good game, while Brandon and Michael cost us. They should be getting better this time of year, not worse. Hopefully they are just getting it out of their system, becausse I don't think they can play worse.

If we go as far as our guards go, uh, we don't go anywhere of note.

If we go as far as our guards go, uh, we don't go anywhere of note.

that's the scary thing. just look at our losses. they have been dreadful. in wins they play fine. i mean Georgetown is one of the hottest teams in the country, and not many teams are going into Marquette and coming out with a win, so it may be skewed a little. I just don't have much confidence come March in a big game.

You're depressing me.

Mental is a great way to describe it. Two examples tonight: BTs pass to the hot dog vendor and MCW leaving his feet and starting Marquette's break for them.

that's the scary thing. just look at our losses. they have been dreadful. in wins they play fine. i mean Georgetown is one of the hottest teams in the country, and not many teams are going into Marquette and coming out with a win, so it may be skewed a little. I just don't have much confidence come March in a big game.
As I take a deep breath you're right.
Temple= they made 29 FT's and Wyatt had a career game
UConn= biggest game of their season (and they have some pretty good players)
Nova= off balance 3 on the road sends it into OT
GTown= a career high for arguably the national POY
Marquette= 2nd longest home winning streak in the nation; longest among the power 6 conferences
Pitt= Extremely tough road game against a team that has owned us

not exactly like losing to St. John's or USF. But it's still frustrating.

As I take a deep breath you're right.
Temple= they made 29 FT's and Wyatt had a career game
UConn= biggest game of their season (and they have some pretty good players)
Nova= off balance 3 on the road sends it into OT
GTown= a career high for arguably the national POY
Marquette= 2nd longest home winning streak in the nation; longest among the power 6 conferences
Pitt= Extremely tough road game against a team that has owned us

not exactly like losing to St. John's or USF. But it's still frustrating.

Good post but what about the bad things we did in those games?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom