We had 4 baskets off straight post-ups from our bigs yesterday | Syracusefan.com

We had 4 baskets off straight post-ups from our bigs yesterday

2-3zone

2nd String
If we can get more and more from DC and Rock it will only open driving lanes for Ennis and Fair and Grant more and will allow for more shots for Cooney

Now 4 might not sound like a lot but compared to last year where we were unable in most games to get 1 post-up basket we are going in the right direction

If we can get more and more from DC and Rock it will only open driving lanes for Ennis and Fair and Grant more and will allow for more shots for Cooney

Now 4 might not sound like a lot but compared to last year where we were unable in most games to get 1 post-up basket we are going in the right direction
Makes me really wonder what they could do if we got them more touches, especially Rak.

All Rak needs to be a 1st round pick is a fade away, bank shot for either side of the FT lane, at the low box. Get the ball, be able to turn either way, and shot it off the glass. DC needs the little jump hook, over either shoulder, and keep rebounding. (His rate per minute on the offensive end is really high, per GMAC)

If Christmas got 10 touches on the block each game, he'd shoot 60%, score in double-figures, and average a couple assists per game.

Add to this whatever it is that Grant does and we are all right.

All Rak needs to be a 1st round pick is a fade away, bank shot for either side of the FT lane, at the low box. Get the ball, be able to turn either way, and shot it off the glass. DC needs the little jump hook, over either shoulder, and keep rebounding. (His rate per minute on the offensive end is really high, per GMAC)
Is AO busy? We need to bring him back to show DC how it's done.

Agreed - it's always encouraging to see the bigs get some touches in the post. The last few years we seemed to abandon it completely - they're not great in the post, but w/out any touches they aren't going to improve/gain confidence. Plus, they all seem willing to kick it out which helps keep the defense honest and get our shooters some open looks.

I doubt we're going to see huge numbers, but I hope we keep getting the ball inside going forward.

Is AO busy? We need to bring him back to show DC how it's done.
I'd love it if AO one day cameback as a coach for Syracuse. He was such a fundamentally sound player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom