We had no business winning this game. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We had no business winning this game.

Gtown is pretty good. I think we all would like to see more in the half court. Seems like all we have right now is oshae tyus and frank slashing to the hole/pick and roll.
Good that our 2 inexperienced centers got some needed experience vs. 2 talented bigs. They're going to see that talent level and better once the ACC games start.

Oh, no argument there. I'm just concerned for he'll see tougher defenders in the ACC than he saw today. That said, the last lob he threw to PC was a message though! :)
With the way they were fumbling catches all night I was shocked it was even attempted.

if the bigs could catch though 2-3 of the turnovers never happen..e
Why wouldn’t the bigs be credited with those turnovers? Isn’t that a judgment call by the stat keeper?

And Frank's seven turnovers. Yep, that's 7.

I left my phone at home and didn't see anything on the screen with his stats. I was guessing around 5. 7? Ouch.

We weren't given that win... We stole it. No idea how they came out of there with a win but looks like we are going to have a very nice nonconference record beating 3 big name schools. Resume is starting to take shape. We win out with our nonconference which we should and we are only gonna need 8 wins in conference play.

Good that our 2 inexperienced centers got some needed experience vs. 2 talented bigs. They're going to see that talent level and better once the ACC games start.

It doesn't bode well for us if we run into a couple more bigs like that. Our centers did not play well for the majority of that game. I thought they contested shots well at the end but they got beat up for much of the time.

Gtown exploited the forwards being way too far out on the wing with those skip passes direct the block. Really not sure how to fix that. Got me wondering if a 3-2 zone might be more effective sometimes. Especially against the UNC types.

This game was all about grit.

Height and length you can recruit for, skills you can practice, plays can be coached, but grit has to come from within. Grit like Sherman Douglas, Devo, Dion's last year at SU, and GMAC at any point from his first to his last game. Can't wait for this team's experience level to catch up to the level of talent and heart they've shown so far. Rebounding is their key to staying in games long enough for grit to take over. This won't be the last white-knuckle ride we'll have this year.-VBOF

It doesn't bode well for us if we run into a couple more bigs like that. Our centers did not play well for the majority of that game. I thought they contested shots well at the end but they got beat up for much of the time.

Gtown exploited the forwards being way too far out on the wing with those skip passes direct the block. Really not sure how to fix that. Got me wondering if a 3-2 zone might be more effective sometimes. Especially against the UNC types.
Chukwu is simply too prone to foul trouble at this point and Sidibe isn't close to being healthy right now. Ideally, they'll be able to handle the center minutes 60-40 down the road and give us a consistent shot-blocking presence and about 8 to 10 points a night. They may be the last pieces of the puzzle for JB, but I think they'll get there.

Luckily for us UNC is extremely perimeter oriented this year.

Refs weren't bad, considering Michael Stevens was out there. And we got a huge break on the charge call MD drew.

Yah I've seen enough college bball in my life to pretty much expect to get jobbed out of 4-7 points on the road. If we get that kind of shake in every road game I'd be thrilled.

The team that plays the full 40 minutes (plus the 5 minutes in OT) has business wnning the game.

No quit !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom