We had only six recruits at Clemson game but HCSS said there is good reason for that | Syracusefan.com

We had only six recruits at Clemson game but HCSS said there is good reason for that

Wow...

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't the "feel," atmosphere and experience of a sold out Dome playing a top 3 team on national television present a significant and unique (for SU anyway) opportunity to sell recruits? Bring your top recruits to home games against the Clemsons and FSUs HCSS, and find the time to interact with them.

I think Shafer's approach is fine. They've always sold the players on relationships and a strong family-type bond. He wants the recruits to be able to hang out with the players behind-the-scenes and see how close-knit they are. After a game, especially a loss, they are beat and likely not in the best spirits. Not a good scenario for a first-time impression on a kid visiting the program.

While I agree I would preferably like to see them pocket officials if they have to it was a blown opportunity. Look at the visitor lists at home games for our regional recruiting rivals it dwarfs ours. Saturday was a great opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

I wouldn't have brought them either. Better IMO to bring them in after the season.