We have a coach named Red, let’s start using it | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We have a coach named Red, let’s start using it

First time I heard the name Adrian “Red” Autry was in a 1990 recruiting guide. I thought “what a cool nickname”.

I’ve seen some attempts here try to refer to him through a generic acronym like “HCAA”. Gawd that’s awful. HCARA was even worse.

One of the greatest basketball coaches of all time was named Red. Now we have our own Coach Red and some want to use a different internet message board referencing.

He is Red, plain and simple. Let’s start using it!!!!
Red is just a shade of orange.

Red will need a case of cigars.

Im going with RP.
Anyone venture a guess?

We are the Syracuse Orange.

So it’s only appropriate the hoop team wears Red while the football team wears blue.

My school has a bunch of freakin idiots in charge…

Grateful Red
GIF by Steve Konklin

We are the Syracuse Orange.

So it’s only appropriate the hoop team wears Red while the football team wears blue.

My school has a bunch of freakin idiots in charge…

Like a fart in church...

just a reminder . he got ZERO WINS. red autry tho likable is far from a proven commodity. this whole move is a dice roll by the SU Admin. who perhaps should have been planning ahead with the oldest D1coach in history. don't blame Red. blame the lack of foresight this year .

just a reminder . he got ZERO WINS. red autry tho likable is far from a proven commodity. this whole move is a dice roll by the SU Admin. who perhaps should have been planning ahead with the oldest D1coach in history. don't blame Red. blame the lack of foresight this year .
Perhaps they did plan ahead and that is why Autry was named Head Coach so soon after Boeheim’s tenure ended.

I think they probably had been working at this longer than we know. Still I agree he is unproven as a HC. Just like what I’ve seen so far, I wont be on board to trash him after a very possible rough start. After all, and maybe to some people’s horror, our last coach was a bit unproven and I, for one, believe he did a pretty good job.

Face it - you wouldn't be happy with anyone they hired.

Just a reminder… he’s done more in recruiting in 3 months than Boeheim has in 10 years. He’s done more than anyone expected before he’s coached a game. How about support him

Red on Roundball was great when CBS broadcast NBA games on Sunday. It was always on at halftime.

I would argue he has ZERO LOSSES and at least 3 big wins on the recruiting front so he's kicking arse from where I'm sitting

Dice roll is strong. Calculated risk is a better description. But, then again, every coaching hire is that. Coaches that have had success in one place go elsewhere and fail all the time. Most are not Calipari or Pitino.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom