We have no game changers at this level | Syracusefan.com

We have no game changers at this level

OrangeFoo

All American
Whenever a great team plays in college they know that atbsome point they will get some big plays. Kind of like an elite hoops team knows they'll get at least two or three big runs in a game. We just don't have the talent to break one against a team with elite talent like USC.

I like the scheme and effort but I don't think we can grind this out.

I agree, we don't even have 1 offensive game changer that can make an impact playing against USC. I'm okay with us, it is where we are right now. We'll get better.

I think we need to stop sugarcoating the recruiting situation... Marrone might be able to turn 2-star and 3-star athletes into good, hard-nosed players but at best that means the ceiling for this program is top 40... and maybe in a year where everything falls in place we might sniff the top 25 for a few weeks.

We need to start turning the corner and landing some impact players... somehow. We will never get the top shelf linemen... but that never stopped our best teams from being successful.

Whenever a great team plays in college they know that atbsome point they will get some big plays. Kind of like an elite hoops team knows they'll get at least two or three big runs in a game. We just don't have the talent to break one against a team with elite talent like USC.

I like the scheme and effort but I don't think we can grind this out.

I completely agree. I think Marrone has done a nice job with establishing a foundation. This team looks significantly better today than it did the first two weeks and I think they played better tonight than they did against Washington last year. Hopefully we can build on this for the rest of the year and Marrone can land one of those playmakers soon. Maybe it's Broyld. I don't know, but it'll happen. When it does, we'll have that foundation established so we can take advantage of him. I know I shouldn't feel good after a loss, but I feel better after this game than I did after lask week's.

Lack of a dynamic RB and WR are really hurting this team. We're a bunch of blue collar guys out there.

Despite the lack of talent, I thought the team played hard out there tonight. We needed USC to be off their game for us to have a chance tonight. That wasn't the case, they played well.

I think we need to stop sugarcoating the recruiting situation... Marrone might be able to turn 2-star and 3-star athletes into good, hard-nosed players but at best that means the ceiling for this program is top 40... and maybe in a year where everything falls in place we might sniff the top 25 for a few weeks.

We need to start turning the corner and landing some impact players... somehow. We will never get the top shelf linemen... but that never stopped our best teams from being successful.
Yeah. For all of the good things Marrone is and has happening, we do need better recruiting. We just have to find a way to land some impact players, or have such innovative schemes that we can outperform traditional schemes with lesser talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom