We have really overachieved this year | Syracusefan.com

We have really overachieved this year

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Great job by coaches and players. Having said that, if we don't rebound better, I think there's a limit to how far we go in the tournament.

Look, we are undisputedly the number 2 team in the country and I like our chances against the number 1 team on a neutural court in a 40 minute game. This team has leadership, talent, depth, size, chemistry and it's well coached. Our chances to win it all are better than anyone with perhaps the exception of Ky.

We find ways to win games when we don't play well. We find ways to win when we are missing a key player for whatever reason. We find ways to win when we have made mistakes at key times in the game. We show poise and grit in close games. We have demonstrated the ability to beat good teams away in a hostile environment. We are undoubtedly the best defensive team in America. We play a defense that is unique in many ways and other teams we will see in the tournament have never seen the likes of.

Yeah, you can find flaws if you dig deep enough. But all the teams have flaws. If this team doesn't get you excited about our chances in the tournament... then it's a pretty sad state of affairs. Perhaps you need to root for the Globetrotters.

"Overachieved," or played near to our potential?

Seems hard to believe that there were actually a large group of posters in the pre-season who wouldn't accept that we were a legitimate top 10 preseason selection.

Certainly, a couple of things have fallen into place [Dion's attitude, team chemistry, etc.] that couldn't be easily predicted, but we are a damn good team. Our story is still being written, but hard not to love what this team is showing.

Greg Anthony on Saturday [before the uconn game] on the CBS pre-game show said that we were his pick for the #1 team in the nation, and that the reason for that is that our experienced players are guys we can rely upon on the road / at neutral sites to win games that we might otherwise lose. He picked UK not to make the final four for that same reason.

Just predictions--not saying he's right or wrong--but this year's team is not overachieving, they're playing UP to their potential!

Great to see!!!

We have not overachieved at all imho. I thought the 4 best teams at the start of the year were Kentucky, NC, Ohio State and SU. We have lived up to our potential.

Okay, we have maximized our potential. I'm still not overly confident we make it to the Final 4 if our rebounding doesn't improve. We just one team to get hot on us. I'm not saying we can't make it to the Final 4, just that I wouldn't be shocked if we don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom