We keep on winning, and | Syracusefan.com

We keep on winning, and

BRNCUSEFRVCUSE

Owns B-Reese
Dion has not shot the ball well at all (which has shown a major flaw in his game) which means his draft stock keeps falling (possibly out of first round) so greater chance he comes back next year "to be the man" on next years team.

Fabs draft stock is what it is (holding at possible late first round) so well see what happens

and fyi, and as Knick fan if coach Mike Dantoni does not come back after this season regardless of how they do in the playoffs. His possible replacement John Calapari which means

We get Nerlens

See how things could work out

Just be careful what you wish for. I personally hope that Dion explodes in the NCAAT like Kemba did last year and we win the NCAAT.

I don't necessarily want a guy next year who is focused mainly on positioning himself for the draft. I'm not saying Dion would be like that, but I don't want another Donte Greene type situation. In Boeheim's system, you can only win as a full team.

Dion has not shot the ball well at all (which has shown a major flaw in his game) which means his draft stock keeps falling (possibly out of first round) so greater chance he comes back next year "to be the man" on next years team.

Brandon Triche has nightmares about this scenario...

I kind of wonder how many classes Dion is attending these days. I'm not knocking him, but he has seemed singularly focused on getting to the nba since what, 8th grade? There have been some flaws exposed and he could certainly benefit from another year, but I kids sometimes paint themselves into a corner. We'll see. Would love to have him back.

Fabs draft stock is what it is (holding at possible late first round) so well see what happens

and fyi, and as Knick fan if coach Mike Dantoni does not come back after this season regardless of how they do in the playoffs. His possible replacement John Calapari which means

We get Nerlens

Are you collaborating with Cali on these posts?

Interesting thought. I certainly wouldn't mind getting Dion back, but I also wouldn't mind lessening the logjam a bit... making Carter-Williams a starter and Cooney someone who actually sees court time. It's important to be careful what you wish for, so I've refrained from wishing for either scenario.

Dion really came to play last year vs. Marquette in the tourney. I think he thrives in those big games and he'll play well

Dion's form on his J is far from textbook and needs to improve on that...otherwise...I see him at best being a very streaky outside shooter.

I kind of wonder how many classes Dion is attending these days. I'm not knocking him, but he has seemed singularly focused on getting to the nba since what, 8th grade? There have been some flaws exposed and he could certainly benefit from another year, but I kids sometimes paint themselves into a corner. We'll see. Would love to have him back.

This was my first thought as well. About him and Fab. Returning to school might not be an option for them without sitting out the first semester (which really isn't too big a deal - just looks really bad).

I'm not so sure BT would mind having Dion back. Dion's a good penetrator and distributor, and BT was moved over to the 2 exactly because he was not aggressive enough to stay at the 1.

I like the idea of Dion coming back and running the offense for a year. Just from a team (not an NBA potential) concept, that would give us 2 veteren guys out front (BT/Dion) with MCW playing major minutes and TC backing up the 2 as he is able to contribute.

I'm not so sure BT would mind having Dion back. Dion's a good penetrator and distributor, and BT was moved over to the 2 exactly because he was not aggressive enough to stay at the 1.

I like the idea of Dion coming back and running the offense for a year. Just from a team (not an NBA potential) concept, that would give us 2 veteren guys out front (BT/Dion) with MCW playing major minutes and TC backing up the 2 as he is able to contribute.

I don't know if I would say that Brandon wasn't aggressive enough. I think he used to be that aggressive but had way too many charges called against him. I'd love to see him get that back (he showed a little bit of it on Saturday) now that they have installed the charge semi-circle. I really think that will help him a ton.

I really do think the potential of another 3 or 4 starting level guard rotation would be awesome next year. The defensive combinations with Triche, Waiters, and MCW out top are really scary for other teams. Tons of length and quickness there. And they all rebound pretty well. When they want to...

Someone posted recently (and I'm paraphrasing) that no matter how the season plays out for Dion, they didn't think his ego would allow him to return, as that would be an admission of failure and/or weakness on his part. I'm kind of in this camp.

I don't know if I would say that Brandon wasn't aggressive enough. I think he used to be that aggressive but had way too many charges called against him. I'd love to see him get that back (he showed a little bit of it on Saturday) now that they have installed the charge semi-circle. I really think that will help him a ton.

I really do think the potential of another 3 or 4 starting level guard rotation would be awesome next year. The defensive combinations with Triche, Waiters, and MCW out top are really scary for other teams. Tons of length and quickness there. And they all rebound pretty well. When they want to...

BT's lack of aggression (at times) has been a coaching issue for some time. But I agree this year, he's been strong and fearless getting inside, despite a mini-slump shooting and finishing.

MCW's upside is sky-high. When he came in against UConn, there was no let off. He handled the ball well against a very good on-ball defender (boatright) and had 2 sweet assists (I believe to Fab). He just sees the court so well. If his shot continues to improve, he'll be a 6'6 matchup nightmare for opposing teams.

if Dion comes back...does that make BT essentially the 3rd guard again next season? I can't see JB leaving a soph McD talent off the court in crunch time. Not to mention a long, rangy point guard. Boeheim really likes length.

I still don't understand the constant devaluing of Fab's NBA draft position. Look at the history of the NBA draft and 7'ers. there are tons of 7'ers who could barely do any of what Fab can and we drafted top 15. Its shocking to me that people don't think he will be drafted very high. What bigs should really be chosen infront of him after Davis?

As far as Dion I believe he will have a huge torney and be a top 20 NBA pick.

Dion will be playing for pay next year, whether its the nba or europe (if he somehow doesnt get drafted). No way hes gonna go from hearing hes a potential lottery pick in nov/dec to going back to school. Im 50/50 on fab.

if Dion comes back...does that make BT essentially the 3rd guard again next season? I can't see JB leaving a soph McD talent off the court in crunch time. Not to mention a long, rangy point guard. Boeheim really likes length.

Many see Dion as a gonner. If he returns, the starting point would be his to loose (23.5 mpg). As a backup, MCW's minutes would double to 16-17 pg. And either could play the off-guard.

More realistically, MCW will have the point, BT will have the 2 and TC will backup. This puts enormous pressure on MCW to take over/run the team. BT can move over for him, but we'll be thin at the point and not a lot of bench experience at the 2.

I also question Dion and what school work he is doing this semester, seems to be in the gym 24/7

Dion really came to play last year vs. Marquette in the tourney. I think he thrives in those big games and he'll play well

Thats why i couldnt believe some people wanted him gone after last year. Yea he had a bad attitude, but that game showed me that its worth the risk bringing him back. He showed me more in that game than rick jackson showed me in 4 years of big games. You want guys who want the ball in the biggest games, rick and even wes the year before in the butler game shied away from that, dion thrived with the season on the line when nobody else did.

We get Nerlens

As a Nets fan, I don't wish Calipari on you. He's worthless in the NBA.

Many see Dion as a gonner. If he returns, the starting point would be his to loose (23.5 mpg). As a backup, MCW's minutes would double to 16-17 pg. And either could play the off-guard.

More realistically, MCW will have the point, BT will have the 2 and TC will backup. This puts enormous pressure on MCW to take over/run the team. BT can move over for him, but we'll be thin at the point and not a lot of bench experience at the 2.

Just my opinion, but I don't think a scenario exists where MCW doesn't play 20 mpg next season. This is a kid that in just 11 mpg this season is averaging just about half an assist less than Waiters (2.6) or Triche (2.7) with a nearly identical turnover rate (if you project him to double the TOs in double the minutes). He is a pure PG who projects as an opponent's nightmare defensively and has shown plenty of potential as a solid scoring option as well. Should Waiters return, he gets 30+ and CArter-williams/triche split the remaining 45-48 minutes. Wouldn't be surprised to see Triche play that Duany role a bit where he has a real nice senior season but begins to lose minutes to all-BE type players as the season wears on.

What bigs should really be chosen infront of him after Davis?

Drummond, right? But I agree with the general premise that he will be very valuable come draft time. I think the smarter move for him is to work on his offensive game and log 30+ minutes a game next season, but I think he'll be faced with a tough decision as legit lottery pick type.

Just my opinion, but I don't think a scenario exists where MCW doesn't play 20 mpg next season. This is a kid that in just 11 mpg this season is averaging just about half an assist less than Waiters (2.6) or Triche (2.7) with a nearly identical turnover rate (if you project him to double the TOs in double the minutes). He is a pure PG who projects as an opponent's nightmare defensively and has shown plenty of potential as a solid scoring option as well. Should Waiters return, he gets 30+ and CArter-williams/triche split the remaining 45-48 minutes. Wouldn't be surprised to see Triche play that Duany role a bit where he has a real nice senior season but begins to lose minutes to all-BE type players as the season wears on.

yes, Carter-Williams is the point guard next year.

We get Nerlens

Off course Noels will sign in April. Well before the Knicks will need a new coach
The NBA won't draft Dion on his shooting but on his strength and ability to get to the rim.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom