We Live Rent Free in BC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We Live Rent Free in BC

Go ahead, Bill. Get personal and piss Fran off. Let's see how that plays out.

1719083401007.gif

Didn’t know that’s where Tim Lewis was. Little tidbit, but Tim was in the final 4 interviews when we hired Grob.
That was near the high point in his career. It has since really nosedived.

He got demoted from a DC job but still hung around the NFL until 2015. Then he was unemployed for a couple of years. Finally got a job as an assistant for a HS team. Has been bouncing around with job coaching XFL/USFL teams. This is the first decent job he has had for 9 years.

Besides his problems finding a qualified DC, Bill really had a hard time finding someone who wanted to be the BC OC. Ended up taking a young TE coach from the Pats who has never been an OC, unless you count when he was at when he started coaching at Juniata. Not sure what Juniata is. Maybe a HS or a convent? I got curious and googled it. It turns out Juliana is a small college in Pennsylvania.

Anyway, our OC only has the one year at Baylor when he called plays (though he was also the OC for the Carolina Panthers the last 5 games of the 2021 season).

And it should be noted our DC has never been a DC (I am sure AJ pointed that out; I tried to listen to his podcast but I couldn’t get through his attempt at analysis). But he has been a key coach for a top performing defense for six years. He brought Joe Schaefer with him to SU, where he had been coaching the A&M outside LBs. Joe has progressed from being a HS coach (where he won a state championship) to a DC at progressively higher levels of college ball, where his defenses were consistnently top notch. He also added Robert Wright, another young coach from UB who was their DC.

So Elijah will be coaches on staff who have been DCs and who can presumablly help him game plan and make adjustments. And of course, he will have Coach Fran to help guide him as well.

Lewis has a staff of coaches who have not been DCs. To me, it seems like BC has a staff that is not distinguished or qualified. Their coaches on offense are also not impressive. They do have O’Brien, who at one time was thought to be a good offensive mInd. But he was a disaster as the New England OC last season and there are a lot of questions as to whether he can still coach.

I think it is fair to say there are questions about both staffs.I think even someone like Black would admit the Syracuse staff is vastly more qualified recruiting that the staff O’Brien struggled to put together. So everyone can agree Syracuse will have a vast advantage in talent over BC for the foreseeable future. Can O’Brien and his crew of misfit coaches shock the world and be competitive in the ACC? Time will tell…..

This 247 BC guy gives me serious Doug Gottlieb vibes, except Gottlieb actually sometimes has somewhat defensible arguments.

Good thing I don’t value my time too much, otherwise I’d be upset I just wasted 24 minutes of my life.

This 247 BC guy gives me serious Doug Gottlieb vibes, except Gottlieb actually sometimes has somewhat defensible arguments.

Good thing I don’t value my time too much, otherwise I’d be upset I just wasted 24 minutes of my life.
I couldn’t last 3 minutes listening to that bullshit delivery.

Yikes, that’s pathetic. If you have to attack thinking it elevates you or your program, it’s pitiful and reveals more about yourself, your state of mind and moral compass which I would think you’d rather keep pretty private. :vomit:

I’m very interested to see how Gottlieb does at Wisconsin-Green Bay. When I lived in Wisconsin I used to go to a few of their games, they have pretty solid facilities for their level of competition - if he doesn’t have success he’s going to have to own it.

“You are locked on to Boston College”

Nausea

Someone will have to summarize this one for me. Had to pause the video. Room started spinning from all the…BC

I just remember an interview he did with Mike and Mike after taking the Penn State job that convinced me he just didn't get it, and that Penn State hadn't changed at all. He said something to the effect of how Penn State fans shouldn't feel bad about missing a bowl because they were trying to schedule some nice warm weather away games toward the end of the season to give their fans the destination travel experience anyway.

I don't even remember if they successfully did that. Don't care. That program should have been buried. He had nothing to do with what happened there, but he made himself a part of it by glossing over it.

I don't respect him.

I’m curious what you think he should have said in that interview, keeping in mind the answer was directed to Penn State fans.

I’m going to bet the answer is either that there’s nothing he could have said that would have satisfied you, or whatever you propose is utterly assinine and unrealistic. Which is relevant, because it’s how we’ve gotten to the position we’re in - you have no respect for Penn State, or their fans, or BOB - and they have no respect for you and people like you because your expectations and demands are completely detached from reality.

That’s a problem - not just with this situation, but all over the country right now. A society where empathy and respect has broken down to the degree we see here isn’t a society that is going to remain functional much longer. If your expectations of what BOB should have done are unrealistic, and you don’t respect him because he didn’t meet those unrealistic expectations - you are actively working to undermine our society. You are part of the problem, and are unlikely to be able to contribute to any viable solution .

I’m curious what you think he should have said in that interview, keeping in mind the answer was directed to Penn State fans.

I’m going to bet the answer is either that there’s nothing he could have said that would have satisfied you, or whatever you propose is utterly assinine and unrealistic. Which is relevant, because it’s how we’ve gotten to the position we’re in - you have no respect for Penn State, or their fans, or BOB - and they have no respect for you and people like you because your expectations and demands are completely detached from reality.

That’s a problem - not just with this situation, but all over the country right now. A society where empathy and respect has broken down to the degree we see here isn’t a society that is going to remain functional much longer. If your expectations of what BOB should have done are unrealistic, and you don’t respect him because he didn’t meet those unrealistic expectations - you are actively working to undermine our society. You are part of the problem, and are unlikely to be able to contribute to any viable solution .
Lol

With absolutely no due respect, just an astonishingly awful take.

Dang he’s all over the place in this podcast. His entire views of Fran are tainted because all he can see is Hafley part II where coach comes in as a recruiter and inexperienced as coordinator/HC and can’t get it together versus them bringing in coaching guru BOB lol. He can only see Fran falling on his face and BOB putting together masterful game plans each week. For his sake they better beat us head to head with this coaching advantage that they have because our talent gap is only going to separate from them going forward.

The podcast before is pretty comical too where he’s talking about the Upton potential flip. Hyping their “steal” of our best recruit etc lol. 2-4-7 has him as our top ranked guy at the moment but I’d assume most of us saw him more in 5-10 type range of our class so far (similar to the composite). Also talked about us saying we “dropped” him. I don’t think anyone was saying that we dropped him because he wasn’t good enough for the class….I’m pretty sure anyone mentioning dropping him was referencing him talking/visiting BC and our staff not wanting that…hence the drop. Sure he’s a decent player that I’d love to have but most aren’t worried about Fran losing a db recruit the way he can bring them in. We’ve already got a 4 and a 5 star db committed for 2026.

Dang he’s all over the place in this podcast. His entire views of Fran are tainted because all he can see is Hafley part II where coach comes in as a recruiter and inexperienced as coordinator/HC and can’t get it together versus them bringing in coaching guru BOB lol. He can only see Fran falling on his face and BOB putting together masterful game plans each week. For his sake they better beat us head to head with this coaching advantage that they have because our talent gap is only going to separate from them going forward.

The podcast before is pretty comical too where he’s talking about the Upton potential flip. Hyping their “steal” of our best recruit etc lol. 2-4-7 has him as our top ranked guy at the moment but I’d assume most of us saw him more in 5-10 type range of our class so far (similar to the composite). Also talked about us saying we “dropped” him. I don’t think anyone was saying that we dropped him because he wasn’t good enough for the class….I’m pretty sure anyone mentioning dropping him was referencing him talking/visiting BC and our staff not wanting that…hence the drop. Sure he’s a decent player that I’d love to have but most aren’t worried about Fran losing a db recruit the way he can bring them in. We’ve already got a 4 and a 5 star db committed for 2026.
He must have said three or four times that we will win more games this year because of our schedule, where we play NOBODY and I kept saying to myself, "including BC".

The kid is a BC Homer who is trying to feel good about his school. I looked at their recruits and there are a couple we offered but most of them, BC beat out MAC style schools NOT P4/5 schools for recruits. It comes down to the Jimmy's and the Joes out there on the field. Out talent advantage will be huge and growing.

Cali is that you? Are you channeling again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom