We looked good | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We looked good

I posted this in a thread about centers, but it applies... Edwards in his limited action, also when the game was over, looked like the best option. We cant run an offense with zero interior threat. Notice how many contested shots we were taking compared to the shots they got. We continously were forcing shots at the end of the shot clock... they could make 2 passes and have a wide open 3... they just cant shoot, otherwise... oh boy

Edwards made a nice play when the game was over and UVA wasn’t trying.

I mean after K and Cal who you got?

Don’t mention Bennett because his stall ball garbage that we’ve adopted has killed SU hoops as we knew it.
Bennett is definitely up there as a young guy behind Cal, K, Roy, Self etc..

He just won a Natty. Has been dominant in the regular season for years. One game into this year, with a weak roster, dominated us at home.

He just won a Natty. Has been dominant in the regular season for years. One game into this year, with a weak roster, dominated us at home.

Sure.

But we got embarrassed and suck because we are trying to be a D first team.

Our problem is not our D.

Bennett coaches D and not turning it over. His stall ball is what let us win in Chicago. Our demise is because we’ve turned into a D only team.

Great coach though his team didn’t jack up a single bad three all game. They didn’t even play that well just kept their composure and didn’t make bad mistakes.

All those pathetic jacked threes we took were worse than turnovers. And there were 20+ of them. Maybe 1 went in. Did UVA take one bad 3? Don’t think so. That was the difference.

Just didn't hit shots or board

We missed a lot of open looks

My biggest complaint is lack of effort on boards

We settled for too many threes, but we shot as bad as you could

Not worried

You won't shoot 23% every game

Boards are bigger concern
Worst post in a long time

I mean after K and Cal who you got?

Don’t mention Bennett because his stall ball garbage that we’ve adopted has killed SU hoops as we knew it.
Jay Wright?

Bennett’s stall ball is nothing like ours. They play slow but actually get good shots, know what they’re doing,score efficiently. Oh and they kick the crap out of us every time and just won the national title. So there’s that. Bennett is way up there.

He’s way better than K at this point. Not as a recruiter obviously. But as a coach.

Under no circumstances EVER does a team look good scoring 34 points. What the hell are we even talking about here?!?

assumed his post was sarcastic parody at first and was laughing. But...it’s not.

assumed his post was sarcastic parody at first and was laughing. But...it’s not.
It's a combo
11292010eliascombos.jpg

Jay Wright?

Bennett’s stall ball is nothing like ours. They play slow but actually get good shots, know what they’re doing,score efficiently. Oh and they kick the crap out of us every time and just won the national title. So there’s that. Bennett is way up there.

We’re a top 5 team nationally in terms of defense last decade. Unquestionably.

If UVA is 80s Giants we’re the Bears. See what I’m trying to say. I’m not saying JBs D is better but it’s damn good. Can’t point to that as the issue.

We’re a top 5 team nationally in terms of defense last decade. Unquestionably.

If UVA is 80s Giants we’re the Bears. See what I’m trying to say. I’m not saying JBs D is better but it’s damn good. Can’t point to that as the issue.

Im talking about offense?

No because we don’t need a better D. We need offense. Bennett’s teams score in the 50s.

They averaged 71 ppg last year. Not good, but they did it efficiently. 38th in the country in FG% and 12th in turnovers.

they aren’t a bad offensive team, they just play at a slow pace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom